Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 . LastLast

Thread: DC: Melvin Smith Fired

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: DC Melvin Smith Fired

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    If he was the problem with the defense, and he was drunk and sent home.then why did the defense do so bad?
    They were his drinking buddies?

He just got a head start on the rest of the staff that will be fired after the game this week with McNeese.

Quote Originally Posted by RedCajun View Post
    Fair enough. I'm good with it.

So what type of defensive scheme did Lucas run during his time at SLU and NW State?
    I think he was a 4-3-4 guy at SLU.maybe some 3-3-5 thrown in for good measure.

Same at NWstrn

Quote Originally Posted by scotto_25 View Post
    Does he coach from the box or on the sidelines? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say if nobody saw him on the sidelines, he WAS NOT a part of Saturday's game. The odd 5hit that I saw at my tailgate leads me to believe that the falling out happened pregame'ish
    Have to admit, what you witnessed must have a connection with what happened today. I've heard about a few flare ups between them last season to not totally surprising.

I worry about the effect it could have on the players. Hope they handle this situation well.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Best post here. I am at a loss when I see people here talk about our talent. Where is it? Is Hud sending more or less players to the NFL than is predecessors? I can only speak to Nola talent, but we are not doing well here. In fact I would guess we do worse than all D1A programs not named ULM. Our recruiting has been terrible the past few years.
    I am torn on firing the DC. On one hand it is obvious his scheme blows. I have no idea if he has the players he wants, but it is obvious his players make coverage mistakes and are frequently out of position. On the other hand Hud looks like a buffoon firing DC's all the time. Just a sad state of affairs.
    Of course we are not the most talented bunch. We are in the Sun Belt and have to compete with that other team across the basin. But we have enough talent to compete and win the conference. And obviously we have the talent to beat teams from other conferences in bowl games.
    Melvin Smith didn't work out. He was horrible at Auburn, which is why he was fired from there. Hud took him in and it just didn't work out. His scheme and the way he prepared the players was blatantly awful. I'm just glad Hud has the balls to make a change like that right now.

I still think we can win 7 or 8 games in our schedule (if the defense improves)

I'm NOT saying he was drunk. I'm saying that it was odd how he was acting at like 9:15 "doing The Cajun Walk" wayyyy after the team walked. The Boise St color guy thought it was all weird as well. He was in street clothes and seemed kind of dazed as if he was lost? It will get out, but I'm speculating that he wasn't part of the game

Quote Originally Posted by mxt3999 View Post
    Of course we are not the most talented bunch. We are in the Sun Belt and have to compete with that other team across the basin. But we have enough talent to compete and win the conference. And obviously we have the talent to beat teams from other conferences in bowl games.
    Melvin Smith didn't work out. He was horrible at Auburn, which is why he was fired from there. Hud took him in and it just didn't work out. His scheme and the way he prepared the players was blatantly awful. I'm just glad Hud has the balls to make a change like that right now.

You may be right. We may be able
    to compete in the SBC, but scores we saw yesterday paint a different picture. I personally did not like the hire of Smith because I saw how bad Auburn was with all of those good players.

I'm NOT saying he was drunk. I'm saying that it was odd how he was acting at like 9:15 "doing The Cajun Walk" wayyyy after the team walked. The Boise St color guy thought it was all weird as well. He was in street clothes and seemed kind of dazed as if he was lost? It will get out, but I'm speculating that he wasn't part of the game
    Coach Smith does not drink .

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I noticed that dazed and lost look all over our defense yesterday. They weren't part of the game either.

Hawk you come across as a bigger troll than the damn LaTech fans that come on this board. You should be ashamed to call yourself a Cajuns fan.

Ought oh. here comes Penrod!

Hawk you come across as a bigger troll than the damn LaTech fans that come on this board. You should be ashamed to call yourself a Cajuns fan.
    Uh oh

I'll be ashamed, when you figure out Hud is the problem.

Hawk is not a troll. He is a mischievous malcontent.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 . LastLast

Thread Information