Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 . LastLast

Thread: DC: Melvin Smith Fired

Default Re: DC: Melvin Smith gets the Rod, Lucas gets the Nod

Wow is right. People see a coach wandering in The Cajun Walk line an hour after the team passes. People make assumptions (happens everyday in life) now fans on a message board are being called out?

Fhuq that BS. Get your act together and coach. Not enough time in the day to read RP and coach. We had more penalty yards than offensive yardsguess that can be blamed on RP too.

I stand by what I said, even though there was no ill will or slander. If it was my post (of an actual event) that caused a quote in that crappy paper than that's just plain dumb.

I'd work on moving the offense forward and filling the Swiss cheese defense over a FAN FORUM

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    How long before specific RaginPagin posters start getting quoted in the paper?
    That would be fine by me. I'll even start signing my name on every post. I'll have to swear less, but hey Small price to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Truthfully Oiler, I don't know and neither does anyone else posting on this board. I'm not in the Coaching staff meetings and I don't get to watch practice. I have my suspicions based on what I'm seeing on the game field. I want this Staff to have success simply because this program has seen enough misery over the decades. Our fans deserve it.
    Ok, you guys are dancing around it, so I'm going to say it. This team appears to have a crisis in faith regarding its leadership. This is very hard to correct with the same leader in place, but not impossible.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Could we have the most thin skinned athletic grouping in America?? From the local media to the ADs office, RCAF Board, President and now coachesWTF? Get real, do YOUR fqqn job and your feelings wont get hurt.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun View Post
    Ok, you guys are dancing around it, so I'm going to say it. This team appears to have a crisis in faith regarding its leadership. This is very hard to correct with the same leader in place, but not impossible.
    It's Official We need to Fire Hud and Scott Farmer period. Liars and thieves Say this and deliver that. But Framer has to go first so we get a credible AD to hire a good football coach first.

I'm not saying Hud doesn't read these message boards, but it's more likely in this case that it was Buckley's doing. We know that he reads the message boards because he writes stories based on things people bring up on here. So it's more likely that his question was something like: "A fan on Ragin Pagin said blah blah blah, what do you think about it Coach Hud?".and the response is what you would expect.

Reality and the way it sounds in a newspaper are often very different.

7. Default Re: DC: Melvin Smith gets the Rod, Lucas gets the Nod

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    I'm not saying Hud doesn't read these message boards, but it's more likely in this case that it was Buckley's doing. We know that he reads the message boards because he writes stories based on things people bring up on here. So it's more likely that his question was something like: "A fan on Ragin Pagin said blah blah blah, what do you think about it Coach Hud?".and the response is what you would expect.

Hud could simply have said "No comment"

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I have never been a fan of hiring a coach from a failed P5 season to somehow come in and coach up lesser talent.

So I was not a fan of the Melvin Smith hiring, especially after he openly lamented the talent level his first preseason here. It spoke volumes about what HE thought he could accomplish.

Still the only 2 ways I would expect to see immediate results in 5 days of transition is if the motivation was lacking and/or if the wrong defensive plays were being called.
    Our defense needs an identity. A filthy one. Lately, it seems we are too afraid to cut them loose and let them play free. It's not fun. Giving up TDs when we are not even being aggressive. Might as well get nasty and see what happens.

9. Default

While you may be correct, Buckely did not make up the quote. "That fan needs to stay clear of me", what are you, the O'doyle rules kid?

You find out a lot about your leadership in times of crisis. The leader of your defense insults the fan base after a dreadful performance, now the head coach takes a jab? All this ____ is starting to make sense.

He is not that smart. Scott Framer wasn't available to give him permission.

11. Default Re: DC: Melvin Smith gets the Rod, Lucas gets the Nod

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Looks like RP is back in the news. Look out Scotty!
    This does not mean he reads RP.

It's the oldest trick in a reporters handbook. In order to keep the coaches wrath off the reporter they couch their questions. "Coach? Message boards are speculating."

12. Default

It's the oldest trick in a reporters handbook. In order to keep the coaches wrath off the reporter they couch their questions. "Coach? Message boards are speculating."
    You are technically right.

Hudspeth has assistants and family members read RP for him. That's a fact.

13. Default Re: DC: Melvin Smith gets the Rod, Lucas gets the Nod

You are 100% correct.

Yes of course !!! Jay Walker been getting all his material from RP forever

15. Default Re: DC: Melvin Smith gets the Rod, Lucas gets the Nod

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    You are technically right.

Hudspeth has assistants and family members read RP for him. That's a fact.
    I'll bet no one reports the self correcting nature of the threads.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 . LastLast

Thread Information