Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 . LastLast

Thread: The August Flood of 2016

1. Default Iberia Parish flooding updates

The following roads in Iberia Parish are still closed due to high water and dangerous conditions:
    Norris Rd.
    Bull Island Rd.
    Allemand Rd.
    Livingston Rd
    Lake Peigneur Rd.
    Rip Van Winkle Rd.

2. Default School Closures Update

The University of Louisiana will be closed on Monday, Aug. 15. Areas that support students, such as housing, residential life, food services, health services, orientation, advising, registration, cashiers, and financial aid, will be open.

Essential personnel are required to report to work on Monday.

The University will reopen on Tuesday, Aug. 16, with full operations resuming at 7:30 a.m.

3. Default St. Martin Parish flooding updates

Bayou Fuselier Road
    Arcade Courville Road
    Cooper Road
    McVeigh Road
    Rushing Road
    Betty Drive
    Anne Drive
    Vanessa Drive
    S. River Drive
    Joe Kidder Road
    Lee Roy Bourque Road
    Sawmill Hwy.
    Tilac Road

Default Re: Summer Flood of 2016

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    On another note,be prepared when we aren't in the Tigue by the time conference play starts and Farmer is blaming this flood
    Can't blame the flood too much because it was over the weekend and they don't work on the weekends. But he will find and excuse

Several schools should also close Tuesday.

This does not apply to me, but I have two kids that don't live in flood areas but got flooded with no flood insurance. I was told that when Obama declares Lafayette Parish a disaster area that Fema will help those with money, up to $33K I was told, to help clean up the mess. Any answers on this?

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

My son is heading back in from Destin. Took I10 to Slidell down to NO, I610 through to meet up with I10 again. Got off at Boutte exit I310. Taking 90 all the way to Ambassador Caffery. They will make it home in under 7 hours. All roads open. Avoid BR at all costs. Rain or shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Can't blame the flood too much because it was over the weekend and they don't work on the weekends. But he will find and excuse
    Any project involving dirt work is shut down for a bit around here. Taco Bell near the stadium is a lake this AM. Talk about not knowing what you are doing, Taco Bell had the best sign ever "Closed for Remodeling".on the barren lot.

This does not apply to me, but I have two kids that don't live in flood areas but got flooded with no flood insurance. I was told that when Obama declares Lafayette Parish a disaster area that Fema will help those with money, up to $33K I was told, to help clean up the mess. Any answers on this?
    We have a few insurance guys that probably could address this here on RP.

Good luck to those in Crowley, Jennings and Lake Author.

That is correct, although FEMA will only fund basic repairs. Tell them to document and keep receipts of all repairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Alum78 View Post
    Several schools should also close Tuesday.
    LPSS schools reopen August 22.

13. Default Re: Summer Flood of 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    My son is heading back in from Destin. Took I10 to Slidell down to NO, I610 through to meet up with I10 again. Got off at Boutte exit I310. Taking 90 all the way to Ambassador Caffery. They will make it home in under 7 hours. All roads open. Avoid BR at all costs. Rain or shine.
    My bro lives in Slidell and never goes through BR to get to Lafayette---Don't blame him!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jcstewart View Post
    LPSS schools reopen August 22.
    Might just be me but this is a little excessive. Reopen the schools on Wed. Excuse any student that lives in an area that is affected.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    Might just be me but this is a little excessive. Reopen the schools on Wed. Excuse any student that lives in an area that is affected.
    There are several reasons for this to be the case. One is they may not be able to have adequate staff (teachers, administrators etc) to run the school. Another is they may not be able to run School buses in areas that may be flooded. Another is they may not have adequate utility service to the school (Water/Sewer etc).

Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 . LastLast

Thread Information