Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 . LastLast

Thread: The August Flood of 2016

1. Default I-10 Closure At Exit 80 in Crowley

Interstate 10 Westbound will be diverted onto I-49 North, US-190 West, US-165 South to I-10 West

Default Re: Summer Flood of 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Had to get out only to check on family homes. At the Vermilion River and Pinhook, Outback under water, JP Oil underwater as are Fairfield Inn and Comfort Suites. Camellia st the Vermilion, If Ruffinos hasnt taken on water yet, it will shortly. Guilbeau and Congress intersection completely flooded.

Be safe. God Bless.

Z
    Thankfully, us at JP Oil are on the third floor. (We learned that from being on the first floor in 1993 when the building flooded last time). Lofton and others weren't as lucky. Water is out of the building now and Tolson is scrubbing the first floor as we speak. Should be able to go to work by tomorrow.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I know the majority of you are looking at the Acadiana area. I'm in BR, and it's jacked up over here. One UL alum's house is flooded. I'm lucky. My house is dry. A lot of friends and coworkers are flooded. So far, it appears everyone I know is safe. That's the important thing. But the water damage is unimaginable.

Probably will be the most damage ever in the state for a non-named storm system. In Lafayette we have already surpassed the average yearly rainfall amount with 4 1/2 months to go.

I'm thankful to be dry but know so many who haven't been as fortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Probably will be the most damage ever in the state for a non-named storm system. In Lafayette we have already surpassed the average yearly rainfall amount with 4 1/2 months to go.

I'm thankful to be dry but know so many who haven't been as fortunate.
    Almost don't want to say it, but we all need to be praying we don't get a hurricane on top of this.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Thankfully, us at JP Oil are on the third floor. (We learned that from being on the first floor in 1993 when the building flooded last time). Lofton and others weren't as lucky. Water is out of the building now and Tolson is scrubbing the first floor as we speak. Should be able to go to work by tomorrow.
    No kidding? Thats great news!

Z

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    Almost don't want to say it, but we all need to be praying we don't get a hurricane on top of this.
    Turbine, please delete the above from charliek!!!!!

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Turbine, please delete the above from charliek!!!!!

Z

Gotta get ahead of that one in the prayer departmentbecause it would be biblical.

9. Default Re: I-10 Closure At Exit 80 in Crowley

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    Interstate 10 Westbound will be diverted onto I-49 North, US-190 West, US-165 South to I-10 West---So Sunset, Opelousas, Eunice,Elton, Kinder, Laccassigne----some good meat markets along the way!!!

Are there any closures of I-10 east of Lafayette. I have a friend coming in from Birmingham, Al. and he was asking me for the best route to come home. I told him that I-12 is still closed but he could stay on I-10 through New Orleans. But I am not sure of any part of I-10 being closed. Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Are there any closures of I-10 east of Lafayette. I have a friend coming in from Birmingham, Al. and he was asking me for the best route to come home. I told him that I-12 is still closed but he could stay on I-10 through New Orleans. But I am not sure of any part of I-10 being closed. Anyone know?
    http://hb.511la.org/#roadReports?tim.rts%2Cflooding

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    I-10 East and West is closed between Siegen Lane and LA 73 per Lousiana DOT

On another note,be prepared when we aren't in the Tigue by the time conference play starts and Farmer is blaming this flood

14. Default United Ways respond to flood disaster

United Ways across Acadiana are accepting donations and volunteers to assist those impacted by flooding in the region.

The rest of the story
    EuniceToday.com

15. Default Prevent further damage to your flooded home and your health

A flood-damaged home requires special attention to avoid further damage and health hazards from molds, other fungi, algae and bacteria.

The rest of the story
    EuniceToday.com

Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 . LastLast

Thread Information