Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 . LastLast

Thread: The August Flood of 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Well the water has made it into the house---big question--the Lake Arthur mayor was just on telling the people to leave town by TUESDAY when the Mermentau River will crest there---Does this same type of deal apply for the Vermilion??? Hope this is not as complicated as the Mississippi River a few years back---and BWK if you are reading---HELP!!!!
    Yes. Evacuation order issued yesterday for Vermilion Parish for anyone near the Mermentau.

2. Default Motorist Urged To Stay Off Roadways 7 AM Update

Curfews across Acadiana are being lifted. That does not mean now is the time to go sight seeing. Please stay off the roadways.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Summer Flood of 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I could 't believe it when Duggie85 told me he forgot to mail in his flood insurance payment!!!!
    I thought I raised that boy better than that! He dodged a serious bullet!

He's too old to spank. What you gonna do wit dem chirrens??

Z

4. Default Re: Summer Flood of 2016

Well the water has made it into the house---
    I hope it didn't last.

Between 11pm and 8am the water over the north edge of my property has receded.

Ditches dropped 12 inches.

5. Default Re: Summer Flood of 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Boomer that's terrible.

I'm surprised because I know your house is elevated.

I know the previous owner and built my last house with the same reclaimed historical flooring used in yours.

Is the water as high as the main dwelling, or is it to the ground level enclosure?
    ---Well so far just the enclosed garage outside and the part we enclosed on the slab----we have about a foot or 2 from the top of the porch---I would say about 10 houses took on water in the hood-----trying to find out if the water will start receding!!!

.just wanted to stop in and let y'all know we are praying for you folks. We took 23 inches of rain in 4 days up here back in March, and so we know how fast the waters can rise, making it dangerous to even try to get out. Seeing terrible pictures from Lafayette and Baton Rouge.

So, just know that while we may not like each other from an athletic standpoint, we still share the same state, and at the end of the day, we're still family. And, when the rains subside, you'll see a LOT of us rednecks loading up and heading your way to help with the recovery efforts. Meanwhile, our doors are open to anyone who needs a temporary place to stay.just send me a private message. We're almost 300 feet above sea level and sitting on top of a hill here in Union Parish.

Blessings and thoughts from north Louisiana!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    He's too old to spank. What you gonna do wit dem chirrens??

Z
    LOL!!!!

8. Default Acadiana road status from DOTD (6 a.m. update)

Effective immediately, the following road closures and high water notifications are in place due to heavy rains, according to the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development. The roads will be reopened as soon as conditions improve.

The rest of the story
    EuniceToday.com

9. Default St. Landry Parish public schools closed Monday

All St. Landry Parish public schools will be closed Monday, states a notice the St. Landry Parish School Board website.

The notice stated administrators, custodians, and central office maintenance staff should report to work if roads are accessible.

The rest of the story
    EuniceToday.com

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Summer Flood of 2016

---Well so far just the enclosed garage outside and the part we enclosed on the slab

we have about a foot or 2 from the top of the porch---I would say about 10 houses took on water in the hood

-trying to find out if the water will start receding!!!

Boomer, the river is still rising. It is at 10.26 at Perry, up about 6" since 9 last night. No water in my house yet, but we left this morning because if it rises another 6", there will be no way out of Abbeville.

Plus another 6" and it will be in my house.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Boomer, the river is still rising. It is at 10.26 at Perry, up about 6" since 9 last night. No water in my house yet, but we left this morning because if it rises another 6", there will be no way out of Abbeville.

Plus another 6" and it will be in my house.
    People along the river need to worry about back flow.everything is still draining to the river.

---Well so far just the enclosed garage outside and the part we enclosed on the slab

we have about a foot or 2 from the top of the porch---I would say about 10 houses took on water in the hood

-trying to find out if the water will start receding!!!

Just an FYI at Woodlawn Bridge, we are down about 6 inches since the high last night. 18 inches of water in my garage and outside kitchen. At this rate it'll be another day before the water is out of my kitchen.

Both the by pass bridge and the old 14 bridge in Abbeville are now closed. Whatever side of the river you are on, you are stuck. Abbeville is an island right now.

14. Default Re: Summer Flood of 2016

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Both the by pass bridge and the old 14 bridge in Abbeville are now closed. Whatever side of the river you are on, you are stuck. Abbeville is an island right now.
    Now that is a new development. (for me)

Not than one could get there, but I wonder if Perry bridge closed?

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    .just wanted to stop in and let y'all know we are praying for you folks. We took 23 inches of rain in 4 days up here back in March, and so we know how fast the waters can rise, making it dangerous to even try to get out. Seeing terrible pictures from Lafayette and Baton Rouge.

So, just know that while we may not like each other from an athletic standpoint, we still share the same state, and at the end of the day, we're still family. And, when the rains subside, you'll see a LOT of us rednecks loading up and heading your way to help with the recovery efforts. Meanwhile, our doors are open to anyone who needs a temporary place to stay.just send me a private message. We're almost 300 feet above sea level and sitting on top of a hill here in Union Parish.

Blessings and thoughts from north Louisiana!
    Thank you for your thinking of us and for your prayers.

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 . LastLast

Thread Information