Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 . LastLast

Thread: The August Flood of 2016

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Both the by pass bridge and the old 14 bridge in Abbeville are now closed. Whatever side of the river you are on, you are stuck. Abbeville is an island right now.
    yep my parents live on woodlawn and I live off 82 I had to run to walmart for them and delvier it by boat

Default Re: Summer Flood of 2016

Praying for the homeland todayhow bad was flooding in Cecilia?

3. Default Re: Summer Flood of 2016

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Just an FYI at Woodlawn Bridge, we are down about 6 inches since the high last night. 18 inches of water in my garage and outside kitchen. At this rate it'll be another day before the water is out of my kitchen.
    BEAU CAN TERRI AND I GET TO THE OFFICE OVER THE W-LAWN BRIDGE???----SOME of the staff is there now but just wondering a route---our h-copter guy is off duty!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    BEAU CAN TERRI AND I GET TO THE OFFICE OVER THE W-LAWN BRIDGE???

SOME of the staff is there now but just wondering a route---our h-copter guy is off duty!!!

La 82 north of Abbeville is supposed to be closed plus you may have trouble getting to the bridge from your side.

5. Default Re: Summer Flood of 2016

Ok--standing on my porch and 2 guys come down the street paddling their boat-----pull up to the house and ask if we have a beer---got them2 coors and 2 of those new dark bottles (One of which is the Ragin' Cajun) and they both want the RC beer---Just Sunday afternoon helping with a corporal work of Mercy for our Hood---and people wonder why we love our area!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Ok--standing on my porch and 2 guys come down the street paddling their boat

-pull up to the house and ask if we have a beer---got them2 coors and 2 of those new dark bottles (One of which is the Ragin' Cajun) and they both want the RC beer---Just Sunday afternoon helping with a corporal work of Mercy for our Hood---and people wonder why we love our area!!!

Good job, Boomer!!

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Praying for the homeland todayhow bad was flooding in Cecilia?
    Haven't driven in that area but info from a friend that lives there knows of no flooded homes. Area is draining pretty fast on NW side of town where he is.

8. Default Abbeville flood

Near Piazza's

The rest of the story
    VermilionToday.com

9. Default Here's How to Start the Ball Rolling for Recovery

Links at this website will be most helpful

www.gohsep.la.gov

10. Default So, If You've Been Flooded, What Next?

some things to think about as the recovery begins

11. Default Multiple School Closures For Monday, August 15, 2016

There are dozens of schools that will be closed tomorrow.

12. Default DOTD Updates List Of Road Closures

DOTD Closures UPDATED AT 4:45 p.m. Effective immediately, the following road closures and high water notifications are in place due to heavy rains. The roads will be reopened as soon as conditions improve.

Quote Originally Posted by TravlnCajun View Post
    Remember all the discussions advocating a depressed / tunnel I-49 connector? Pretty sure this event will kill that suggestion
    Want to bet? "Pretty" trumps common sense with quite a few of those folks.

______

Been flooded a few times in my youth, must praise my parents. Remembered the lessons they taught us growing up on the Teche. Am very blessed we only got skimmed in the non ceramic tile parts of our home and went smooth as possible. Prayers to all.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Want to bet? "Pretty" trumps common sense with quite a few of those folks.

______

Been flooded a few times in my youth, must praise my parents. Remembered the lessons they taught us growing up on the Teche. Am very blessed we only got skimmed in the non ceramic tile parts of our home and went smooth as possible. Prayers to all.
    Grew up on Teche as well. Funniest memory was not flood related. In '73 it snowed enough to cover neighborhood. Bunch of us kids went to build a snowman. Ended up with a base about 4-5'. Got too cold and we rolled it in to the bayou for the Teche's first "iceberg"

Quote Originally Posted by TravlnCajun View Post
    Grew up on Teche as well. Funniest memory was not flood related. In '73 it snowed enough to cover neighborhood. Bunch of us kids went to build a snowman. Ended up with a base about 4-5'. Got too cold and we rolled it in to the bayou for the Teche's first "iceberg"
    I remember that snow event. We tied a rope behind a VW to a sheet of plywood, closest we could get to sledding.

Still fish off the deck sometimes when I'm down there cutting grass.

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 . LastLast

Thread Information