Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 . LastLast

Thread: The August Flood of 2016

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Summer Flood of 2016

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    Sorry guys, i must take some of the blame.

Have bought optional flood insurance every year I've been in my house (5 years). Decided on July 16th (exp. date) not to renew this upcoming year. Someone's trying to teach me a lesson.
    DUUUUUUUUDE! NOOOOOOOO! Sorry to hear it cuz.

Z

2. Louisiana Campus U of Louisiana freshmen residence hall move-in postponed

Operation Move-In, the plan for freshmen to move into the residence halls originally set for Sunday, August 14, at University of Louisiana has been postponed.

The new date will be announced by the end of today, based on guidance from state and local authorities.
    Students should not travel to the University residence halls until further notice.

Louisiana Students are encouraged to check the Housing website and University email for updates, including when the move-in will be rescheduled.

More.

Louisiana.edu

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    DUUUUUUUUDE! NOOOOOOOO! Sorry to hear it cuz.

Z

Fortunately Coozan, I wouldn't have to use it as of now. But I think I found a ray of light should things change. Paperwork says there's a 30 day grace period & that if you mail in the premium certified mail, the date mailed is considered payment received. Yesterday was day 27.

Needless to say, I was at the post office yesterday afternoon with the funds.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    Fortunately Coozan, I wouldn't have to use it as of now. But I think I found a ray of light should things change. Paperwork says there's a 30 day grace period & that if you mail in the premium certified mail, the date mailed is considered payment received. Yesterday was day 27.

Needless to say, I was at the post office yesterday afternoon with the funds.
    Brilliance runs in the family. Nice save!

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Two feet of water on Bertrand in front of Rouses. Football field parking lot flooded. I have a feeling that the cleared spot where the Tigue Stadium sat is flooded. Not sure though. Went to Rouses and brought my camera but for some reason I forgot to load my SD card.no pictures.
    I needed groceries, was gonna go to rouses, but heard it was closed. Called champagnes in the oil center, and they were open. Drove on st Mary from souvenir gatenot too bad. The Burger King on campus at Johnston was closed, but thats probably a good thing: being open 24/7 for so many years, it needed some cleaning, lol. Some water on campus near the library, but not bad.

Hope everyone is hanging in there. Hopefully ruffinos is ok. Great location except when you have flooding. Prayers and best wishes to you all.

7. Default UPDATE: Acadiana Schools Closed Monday

Some area schools will be closed Monday, August 15th as residents continue to deal with flooding in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by wscoog View Post
    Hope everyone is hanging in there. Hopefully ruffinos is ok. Great location except when you have flooding. Prayers and best wishes to you all.
    Ruffinos is flooded as are most other things along the Vermilion River. Base Flood Elevation along the River has been 15 and will go up to 16 with the new flood maps. So most people that built recently are at 16 or better. With water at current levels that means they have about 2 feet of water in their building. I did a flood certificate for Outback on Pinhook they were above base flood elevation and they are flooded also. It will be interesting to see if FEMA alters the preliminary flood maps as a result of this flood.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Brilliance runs in the family. Nice save!

Z
    I could 't believe it when Duggie85 told me he forgot to mail in his flood insurance payment!!!!
    I thought I raised that boy better than that! He dodged a serious bullet!

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Ruffinos is flooded as are most other things along the Vermilion River. Base Flood Elevation along the River has been 15 and will go up to 16 with the new flood maps. So most people that built recently are at 16 or better. With water at current levels that means they have about 2 feet of water in their building. I did a flood certificate for Outback on Pinhook they were above base flood elevation and they are flooded also. It will be interesting to see if FEMA alters the preliminary flood maps as a result of this flood.
    Remember all the discussions advocating a depressed / tunnel I-49 connector? Pretty sure this event will kill that suggestion

11. Default Re: Summer Flood of 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I could 't believe it when Duggie85 told me he forgot to mail in his flood insurance payment!!!!
    I thought I raised that boy better than that! He dodged a serious bullet!
    ----Pretty sure the deal is that he didn't cancel but just didn't pay on time ---I hope!!!

12. Default Re: Summer Flood of 2016

Well the water has made it into the house---big question--the Lake Arthur mayor was just on telling the people to leave town by TUESDAY when the Mermentau River will crest there---Does this same type of deal apply for the Vermilion??? Hope this is not as complicated as the Mississippi River a few years back---and BWK if you are reading---HELP!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TravlnCajun View Post
    Remember all the discussions advocating a depressed / tunnel I-49 connector? Pretty sure this event will kill that suggestion
    You would think it should, but then there is another discussion of an affordable housing development on the old Fresh Food Market property next to the tracks. They will talk about protecting that area from elevated road as well.

14. Default Re: Summer Flood of 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Well the water has made it into the house---
    Boomer that's terrible.

I'm surprised because I know your house is elevated.

I know the previous owner and built my last house with the same reclaimed historical flooring used in yours.

Is the water as high as the main dwelling, or is it to the ground level enclosure?

Boomer---Hope you guys don't get it too high!! Time to break out the Delcambre Reeboks ! We are still high and dry but lots in Lafayette aren't

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 . LastLast

Thread Information