Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 . LastLast

Thread: The August Flood of 2016

1. Default Re: Summer Flood of 2016

No, learn how to do it. No internet welfare for you Boomer. You know the old give a man a fish or teach him to fish story.

2. Default Re: Summer Flood of 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---I have to learn how you guys put stuff on here ---but can somebody put Louisiana, they tryin' to wash us away on here!!!
    Boomer the road to your house is underwater at the highway.

3. Default Re: Summer Flood of 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Boomer the road to your house is underwater at the highway.
    ---H2O in the neighbor's house by our bridge and it is starting to creep up on us---I hope you aren't doing the "neither wind nor rain nor sleet nor snow" deal today!!!! lol

4. Default Re: Summer Flood of 2016

I hope and pray all of you are safe!

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Two feet of water on Bertrand in front of Rouses. Football field parking lot flooded. I have a feeling that the cleared spot where the Tigue Stadium sat is flooded. Not sure though. Went to Rouses and brought my camera but for some reason I forgot to load my SD card.no pictures.
    As of 11 am, Betrand in front of Rouses has no standing water. The cajun field parking lot does not have any standing water either (on the Bertrand side at least)

Rouses is open and is a very popular place today

Edit: it does look like just past Rouses on NORTH COLLEGE, there is pretty bad flooding in the street

Default Re: Summer Flood of 2016

The My Radar app shows we might be getting a break this afternoon. I have noticed over the last half hour that the birds have come out to feed and have heard some birds calling. Definitely different than what I have noticed for most of the morning. The sky is not as dark either.

7. Default Re: Summer Flood of 2016

There is a break in the weather to our north.

I have two daughters living on Scottland Dr. in Scott. One has 5 inches of water in her whole house and the other who is on higher ground has water about 3-4 inches from going into her house.

I have two daughters living on Scottland Dr. in Scott. One has 5 inches of water in her whole house and the other who is on higher ground has water about 3-4 inches from going into her house.
    I live in a no flood zone in scott. I woke up this morning at 7 and my yard was flooded, but no where near close to coming into my house. One hour later it rose 5 inches and was inch from coming inside. By the lords grace, it stopped coming up and has gone down a 1/4 inch. Prayers for everyone and their families

10. Default Advertiser UL loses Saturday scrimmage to severe weather

It remains to be seen if scrimmage will be rescheduled

XXXX

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Had to get out only to check on family homes. At the Vermilion River and Pinhook, Outback under water, JP Oil underwater as are Fairfield Inn and Comfort Suites. Camellia st the Vermilion, If Ruffinos hasnt taken on water yet, it will shortly. Guilbeau and Congress intersection completely flooded.

Be safe. God Bless.

Z

Some of those businesses are several feet below the roadway. Outback and the rest have a problem. How about across from Outback Zee. Any water there?

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Some of those businesses are several feet below the roadway. Outback and the rest have a problem. How about across from Outback Zee. Any water there?
    Frenchie, I didnt notice.

Z

14. Default Re: Summer Flood of 2016

Vermillion now above 16 ft. Crest is 18.5 ft. At Surrey St, they are seeing it above 17 ft. Rotary Point, the water is up to the Pavillion.

Sorry guys, i must take some of the blame.

Have bought optional flood insurance every year I've been in my house (5 years). Decided on July 16th (exp. date) not to renew this upcoming year. Someone's trying to teach me a lesson.

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 . LastLast

Thread Information