Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread: The August Flood of 2016

1. Default Red Cross Opens Emergency Shelters In Acadiana

The Red Cross has opened 11 shelters across the state; two are in Acadiana.

2. Default Message For Youngsville Residents Trapped By Floods

Lafayette Parish School Board member Jeremy Hidalgo has a message for those trapped by the waters in the Youngsville area.

3. Default State Of Emergency Declared For Lafayette Parish

Lafayette Parish Mayor-President Joel Robideaux has declared a state of emergency for Lafayette Parish as a result of severe weather.

4. Default Re: Flooding Across Lafayette Parish

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    You have a large rain event and get flooded.in or out of a flood zone. Basic physics.
    -----our State Farm Abbeville office is getting a number of calls---That is what we are there for---our customers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

-our State Farm Abbeville office is getting a number of calls---That is what we are there for---our customers!!!

God's speed brother. Sure it's one of those weeks coming where you explain FEMA flood maps and rain events in your sleep.

6. Default Re: Summer Flood of 2016

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    God's speed brother. Sure it's one of those weeks coming where you explain FEMA flood maps and rain events in your sleep.
    ---But nothing like the Katrina/Rita year------Couldn't believe the # of yats in Abbeville, but that $2500 check helped them out!!!----Then we also had 25 folks at the house!!!

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Summer Flood of 2016

This rain is starting to get ridiculous. I'm up at 3:00 in the morning because THE POUNDING RAIN WOKE ME UP! We're approaching 20 inches of rain in the last 48 hours at my house now.

Well, Mrs. Zoom woke me up @ 4. Had to move work car parked @ street. Water @ rocker. Been picking up clutter, getting paint cans and jack stands together. 4" from putting rest of plan in motion.

Can't get to Grandma Zoom who turned 90 recently. Down in the Berry on the bayou. Brother is dealing with that.

God knows what we need and when. This morning's reading Ecclesiastes 1:2 (b).everything is meaningless.

It's all "stuff".

9. Default DOTD Updates List Of Road Closures, Water Hazards

The Department of Transportation and Development is monitoring, and updating, road closures across the state.

10. Default Re: DOTD Updates List Of Road Closures, Water Hazards

In the 50+ years I have live at my present address I have never seen water that high. The Cooley in the back of my house is overflowing. It is overflowing on Johnston street now. My rain gauge is showing 7.5 inches now and I empted it about 5: PM yesterday and still raining. My workwork shop in my back yard is about 2 inches from having water in it. No problems there, concrete floors. I am not downplaying the poor people that have water in their homes, just saying I have never seen this before where I live. If it stops raining I might get out and take pictures around the Tigue

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    There will be millions in damage before it's over. Have three of my family members with water in their homes. Some properties are 25-30 feet above sea level and flooded. Has to be poor drainage, very poor I shoud add.
    You live in an area that's pretty much flat for hundreds of square miles. Where is the water supposed to drain to when you've got record rain over thousands of square miles. All the drains in the world isn't getting that much into rivers and bayous dozens of squre miles.

13. Default Re: Summer Flood of 2016

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    You live in an area that's pretty much flat for hundreds of square miles. Where is the water supposed to drain to when you've got record rain over thousands of square miles. All the drains in the world isn't getting that much into rivers and bayous dozens of squre miles.
    ---I have to learn how you guys put stuff on here ---but can somebody put Louisiana, they tryin' to wash us away on here!!!

Two feet of water on Bertrand in front of Rouses. Football field parking lot flooded. I have a feeling that the cleared spot where the Tigue Stadium sat is flooded. Not sure though. Went to Rouses and brought my camera but for some reason I forgot to load my SD card.no pictures.

15. Default Re: Summer Flood of 2016

Southbound to Abbeville closed just south of Maurice and underwater for miles.

Abbeville bypass is closed between Burger King and River, where a coulee flows.

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread Information