Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 . LastLast

Thread: The August Flood of 2016

Default Re: COACH BAB

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Pretty sure I had some felonies mixed in there

2. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . University of Louisiana helps students cope with flooding challenges

Classes for the fall semester will begin on schedule Monday at UL as the University helps flood-affected students.
    http://studentaffairs.louisiana.edu/

More.

Louisiana.edu

3. Default Two Abbeville men arrested for allegedly looting home damaged by flood

Paxton Bass

On Tuesday, Aug. 18, at approximately 5 p.m., Vermilion Parish Sheriff’s Deputies responded to West Villien Avenue in Abbeville in reference to looting.

The rest of the story
    VermilionToday.com

4. Default North Vermilion High students help flood recovery

North Vermilion High students volunteered to help clean damage from the flood at St. Alphonsus Catholic Church in Maurice. In all, more than 100 North Vermilion students have volunteered this week around Vermilion Parish and other areas.

MAURICE — If you think the youth don’t care about what goes on in the communities around them, that they are simply taking this time off from school to relax, there are more than 100 North Vermilio

The rest of the story
    VermilionToday.com

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Pretty sure I had some felonies mixed in there
    I wudda gotten consecutive sentences. I think statute of limitations is just about run out.

Coach Bab, wish I could have donated more but its a sincere thank you for all the enjoyment you help bring every spring. God Bless and hope your family can move forward asap.

7. Default Re: COACH BAB

My son's girlfriend got $24K from FEMA last spring in a Ponchatoula subdivision about two miles from the Tangi River.

8. Default Vermilion Parish residents affected by flood can apply for SNAP benefits starting on Monday

BATON ROUGE, – The Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) announced the first of three phases of the Disaster Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program for residents to finali

The rest of the story
    VermilionToday.com

Default Re: Summer Flood of 2016

As of 8:15 this morning the gage reading at the Surrey Street gaging staing is at 17.0 ft and steady trending down.

I have no problems but my daughter has. Maybe someone can shed some light on her problem. She lives in a flood zone and has flood insurance. A FEMA agent, or whatever they call themselves, came over to see the flood damage she had. After asking several questions about if she had water in her house how high the water came up to, which you could clearly see, and her limits on her home owners insurance which I didn't see where that had anything to do with her flood insurance, he said it could be anywhere around $50K for house and $10K for content but it could take maybe 2 months to collect. What contractor will do the job of repairs and wait for the money? I thought if you had insurance they would say get your contracter and start. They will give her $2500 advanceany thoughts on this. Her and two of my grand children are living with me until the repairs are done.

11. Default United Ways helping with flood recovery

Word Ministries open its doors for a shelter and a collection and distribution site for flood-relief supplies after Saturday’s flooding. On Thursday, this group gathered for a photo after unloading supplies from the St. Landry-Evangeline United Way. From left, are Rhonda Deshotel, Jennifer Benoit, Trista Bourgeois, Donna Baltakis, Emma Lanthier, Janet Campbell, Susan Marcantel, Pam Semien and Heather Allison. (Photo by Harlan Krigan)

United Ways across Acadiana are accepting donations and volunteers to assist those impacted by flooding in the region.

The rest of the story
    EuniceToday.com

12. Default KATC FEMA may provide help for disaster survivors unable to live at home

FEMA may provide help for disaster survivors unable to live at home

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    As of 8:15 this morning the gage reading at the Surrey Street gaging staing is at 17.0 ft and steady trending down.
    Vermillion near Lake Martin stayed @14.99 or 14.98 for better part of a day. Think that may had been the upper limit of guage.

FYI 182 at dip just south of Zoo.road surface wash out, some base still there.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Vermillion near Lake Martin stayed @14.99 or 14.98 for better part of a day. Think that may had been the upper limit of guage.

FYI 182 at dip just south of Zoo.road surface wash out, some base still there.
    The gage near lake Martin is on the NAVD88 datum. The Surrey Street gage is 2.74 feet higher than the NAVD88 datum so the readings won't correlate unless you know this. Currently the gage reading at Surrey is 14.24 NAVD88 (16.98 gage reference) so your readings of 14.99 yesterday should be fairly accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    I have no problems but my daughter has. Maybe someone can shed some light on her problem. She lives in a flood zone and has flood insurance. A FEMA agent, or whatever they call themselves, came over to see the flood damage she had. After asking several questions about if she had water in her house how high the water came up to, which you could clearly see, and her limits on her home owners insurance which I didn't see where that had anything to do with her flood insurance, he said it could be anywhere around $50K for house and $10K for content but it could take maybe 2 months to collect. What contractor will do the job of repairs and wait for the money? I thought if you had insurance they would say get your contracter and start. They will give her $2500 advanceany thoughts on this. Her and two of my grand children are living with me until the repairs are done.
    That sounds more like a flood adjuster than fema. The advance is probably for contents to replace emergency items. 2 months seems like a long time to settle claim but I am unfamiliar with how flood claims are handled.

Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 . LastLast

Thread Information