Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 ... LastLast

Thread: The August Flood of 2016

Quote Originally Posted by scotto_25 View Post
    FEMA and the USA Gov't better step the ____ up for these people. A measly $8k is pathetic. That doesn't even cover the drywall/sheetrocking expenses. Give me a break....
    Unfortunately I think a lot of people are going to have a rude awakening about this assistance they are expecting. Majority of people think they have a free and clear $33k check coming and that is not how it works.

Default Re: COACH BAB

With the amount of dumb 5hit we get taxed with daily, you'd think that the US gov would utilize some of it's "fluff" and at least get enough money to people to get their houses back to what they were. Can't run from a natural disaster and can barely help them when in need, but we are shelling out $40k+ a year to families on welfare that refuse to get a job. That's a terrible picture to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Unfortunately I think a lot of people are going to have a rude awakening about this assistance they are expecting. Majority of people think they have a free and clear $33k check coming and that is not how it works.
    I just left my daughters house that was flooded. An ajuster was there and I asked questions about the subject of FEMA assistance. He told me that if you live in a NO FLOOD zone and you don't have flood insurance then FEMA will look at you case and assist you up to $33K...it has nothing to do with you income. But if you live in a flood zone and have no insurance you are up a creeek. This is what he told me so take it with a grain of salt.......

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    I just left my daughters house that was flooded. An ajuster was there and I asked questions about the subject of FEMA assistance. He told me that if you live in a NO FLOOD zone and you don't have flood insurance then FEMA will look at you case and assist you up to $33K...it has nothing to do with you income. But if you live in a flood zone and have no insurance you are up a creeek. This is what he told me so take it with a grain of salt.......
    That's what I was getting at...up to $33k...a lot of people think they have a $33k check on the way and they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Rental assistance...the gift that keeps on giving. After Katrina, that gravy train ran for three plus years. Saw it first hand. Can you say "Acadiana Outreach"?

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    When this type of disaster or tragedy happens overseas in BFE, our government always appears to open Fort Knox and give away as much money as possible. But yet, the middle class citizens of the USA who actually fund our overgrown government, seem to always get screwed the most.
    They spent billion$ and rebuilt Afghanistan, which was never built in the first place. Such a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Rental assistance...the gift that keeps on giving. After Katrina, that gravy train ran for three plus years. Saw it first hand. Can you say "Acadiana Outreach"?
    Shameless plug for a family member's business. I'll send Turb some $$.

http://www.bgrealty.com/vacancies/

This is the way I read it after scrolling through FEMA questions and answer pages:

(1)-If you live in a no flood zone that doesn't require insurance you're property will be evaluated based off of square footage along with how devastating the flood was to your area.

(2)-The evaluation will determine what amount (up to max IHP of $33,000), which most people won't get the max.

(3)-The above statement is a FEMA Grant due to not being in a flood zone, therefore you are not required to pay it back like you do a loan and it's not taxable because there's actually no gain on the money granted.

(4)-If your housing re-construction costs exceed the FEMA Grant, you can utilize the low interest FEMA Loan program to bridge the construction costs short fall. This loan is low interest and repayable similar to school loans.

*People need to be extremely careful with this. They are utilizing this an easy way to "remodel" their gutted homes. You need to go back in with similar items. It's ok to upgrade a few things (flooring, counter tops, etc.) but don't try and remodel/redesign rooms or reroute plumbing to open up a bathroom. This is where you get your a55 in a pickle.

Good luck to all out there

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post

LOL @ Main Street/River Ranch. Home of the ONLY section 8 certificate/unit in River Ranch when constructed. Not saying that exact unit but that building.

Ouch. There are several rentals that allow pets but no students. Those kids these days.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Ouch. There are several rentals that allow pets but no students. Those kids these days.
    28 cats are OK, but no college kids. Good Lord.

28 cats are OK, but no college kids. Good Lord.
    I wouldn't rent my home to my college self.

13. Ragin' Cajuns LA Soccer To Hold Food Drive To Benefit Flood Victims

The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns soccer team and the UL Student-Athlete Advisory Committee are joining the Lafayette community in assisting neighbors impacted by the recent flooding in south Louisiana.

Homes SO Clean

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    I wouldn't rent my home to my college self.
    Me neither. Some of my college stunts were less than honorable.

15. Default

Me neither. Some of my college stunts were less than honorable.
    Pretty sure I had some felonies mixed in there..

Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information