Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Hudspeth: UL quarterback battle now 'a three-man race'

1. UL Football Hudspeth: UL quarterback battle now 'a three-man race'

Former starter Jalen Nixon is now back in the mix with Anthony Jennings, Jordan Davis

Default Re: Hudspeth: UL quarterback battle now 'a three-man race'

No comment.which, of course, is a comment

Um.

What does Nixon have on Hud?

Sigh

I'm telling you right now: unless it's because both Jennings and Davis are injured, I doubt that I'll be going to any game that Nixon starts at QB if that's the result of the "competition" (and I never miss a game). I don't have any personal issue with the young man, but that's not his position. Special packages, sure. But we have a season and then some of on-field evidence that he's not the guy. If Hud refuses to start a QB at QB, I'm out because he's either incapable of making a call that might upset the locker room EVEN IF IT MEANS THE TEAM GETS BETTER or he's incapable of recognizing what's clearly on the field in front of him. Either way, I don't need to be there for it.

Edit: And it really sucks to say that. Because I genuinely like the guy. He always says the right thing. I don't doubt he's a leader in the locker room or that he works extremely hard. I don't want to to come off as I'm "anti Jalen Nixon." I want him to succeed and contribute to the team, especially because it's his senior year. And I know he's endured a lot of negativity from posts just like mine that are based on results that were due to Hud trying to force a square peg into a round hole offensively. But sorry, there's no reasonable argument that said contribution should come as starting QB.[

Unbelievable.

We've all seen Nixon is a capable passer and obviously he's a hell of a runner. Something tells me the guy plays way better in practice than what we saw last season. Either way, I think this is more to promote competition. AJ will be our starter when we take the field against Boisie.

Tried to tell you guys last year. Hud wants him to play QB and Hud has a very hard head.

9. Default Re: Hudspeth: UL quarterback battle now 'a three-man race'

I hope this isn't a case of Pride running ahead and blocking for Crash.

Really Hud? Really? Without a bruiser running back to complement Eli, Eli will not get his potential AGAIN this year. Hud said this 3 years ago when Alonzo was still here.

I'm just going to wait and see what comes out of this.Hud has the big whistle. It's up to him and his Coaches

12. Default Re: Hudspeth: UL quarterback battle now 'a three-man race'

This is year 6 of Hud. Have we not learned that anything out of Hud's mouth between mid July until opening day is BS?

They know who the starter is going to be.

13. Default Re: Hudspeth: UL quarterback battle now 'a three-man race'

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    This is year 6 of Hud. Have we not learned that anything out of Hud's mouth between mid July until opening day is BS?

They know who the starter is going to be.
    A ruse still causes a diverted focus that UL can't afford internally.

I think Buckley took context and wrote a piece around it, I listened to all the interviews that this was written from and I don't think anything has changed. Nixon will be s part of this offense in some capacity and will be on special teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    A ruse still causes a diverted focus that UL can't afford internally.
    HUD said he has no problem naming a starter after the 3rd scrimmage hopefully before. The team will know who their starter is and if you listen carefully I think most of them already have an idea who that is gonna be.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information