Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gametime, Television Set For Louisiana-South Alabama Game

1. Ragin' Cajuns Gametime, Television Set For Louisiana-South Alabama Game

Kickoff for the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Sept. 17 home contest against South Alabama has been set for 6 p.m., University and Sun Belt Conference officials announced on Wednesday.

Default Re: Gametime, Television Set For Louisiana-South Alabama Game

Televise or broadcast? I wouldn't consider ESPN3 as televise since most homes wouldn't be able to receive it on their television sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    Televise and broadcast? I wouldn't consider ESPN3 as televise since most homes wouldn't be able to receive it on their television sets.
    Most homes have a streaming device or a smart TV. Many don't, but most do.

4. Default Re: Gametime, Television Set For Louisiana-South Alabama Game

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post

Kickoff for the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Sept. 17 home contest against South Alabama has been set for 6 p.m., University and Sun Belt Conference officials announced on Wednesday.

--I know that we don't have the prettiest stadium in the G-5s

but that photo is pretty damn impressive and I think draws more interest from recruits than half packed new ones like N Tex, and the Florida guys and yes even the LTUR's recently downsized one along with Tulane's!!!--also notice the people standing and think if they would have occupied some of the small empty areas!!!

I not so sure. Many people do have a way to steam but not many know how to use it. Bought my mom a roku so she could watch her Thai Tv station. She can't figure out how to even turn it on. Been to many houses to set up youtube karaoke (yes it's a thing) on their not so smart tv, the stream lags or TV freezes up so often it's basicly unusable. I've brought my Chromecast to people's house just to be able to watch the regionals this past spring and ended up set up one for them because people don't know how to connect to their own wifi. Most people won't even bother unless someone else does it for them.

The technological literacy level of the general public is that of a first grader. take Boomer for example. He's been on this board since the beginning and he still can't reply properly. There are more Boomers than there are you and I. That's why apple does so well. They take technology that's already out there and make it so 1st graders can use it.

Semantics I guess. I still would have used broadcast instead of televised. While the stream available in most homes, it will stay on the computer and Ipads and not on their television.

*oh shizz, I just reached 1K with this post. Turb do I get anything? Maybe my name on a plaque between Blu ballz and another South Arkanian troll.

Semantics I guess. I still would have used broadcast instead of televised. While the stream available in most homes, it will stay on the computer and Ipads and not on their television.
    I would rather it on tv as well, but moving another home game in September up to 2:30 to be on this ASN network in my opinion is not worth it. I actually support our admins decision on this one. jmo.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Most homes have a streaming device or a smart TV. Many don't, but most do.
    True and I think the shakeup in cable/streaming is going to explode over the next 3-5 years.

http://variety.com/2016/digital/news.es-1201759267/

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    I would rather it on tv as well, but moving another home game in September up to 2:30 to be on this ASN network in my opinion is not worth it. I actually support our admins decision on this one. jmo.
    I'm with you on that. ASN should never have a say in what time or even what date we have our home games on. It's not worth it to lose about 10,000 in attendance and at least $150K in revenue just to be on in Nacogdoches, Tx.

I'm with you on that. ASN should never have a say in what time or even what date we have our home games on. It's not worth it to lose about 10,000 in attendance and at least $150K in revenue just to be on in Nacogdoches, Tx.
    That's what happens when you sign away your broadcasting rights

and you have to subscribe to the TV version of SeCpn to get the internet version of ESPN3

Televise or broadcast? I wouldn't consider ESPN3 as televise since most homes wouldn't be able to receive it on their television sets.
    Why wouldn't you? With roku I watch it on my TV like I would with a dish or cable.

I'm with you on that. ASN should never have a say in what time or even what date we have our home games on.
    but it is ok for SeCPN to do the same??? double standard, or more of that alleged "good business"

Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    Why wouldn't you? With roku I watch it on my TV like I would with a dish or cable.
    I just think its misleading to say Televised. The average person (casual fan) would hear that and would ask their server at a Chili's or Hooters to turn on the game for them. It's televised, right?

Streaming is a great option. But they a have a ways to go before everyone turns into cord cutters. SmartTV was a great idea but poorly implemented. We don't even it and we have two Samsungs and Vizio. Roku is a good product but the lack of content/channels was issue for me. I have 3 just collecting dust. AppleTV is a great product but at $150/200 only Apple fanboys will make that investment. Right now I'm using Chromecast but they could add more memory for buffering issues at houses with slower/inconsistent connections and maybe add subscription channels. Sling TV looks really promising only $20 and I'd get most of my cable channels but you can only log into one Sling at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post

but it is ok for SeCPN to do the same??? double standard, or more of that alleged "good business"
    I don't agree with it but I understand the argument of it being on National TV. Take the OK State game from a couple of years ago. Moved to Friday and had to give away tickets just to get a decent crowd there. But at least it was on ESPN and a couple of bars in Schaumburg, Il and Camden, NJ left it on maybe a few people watched it. Whether or not it was worth it is up to debate. ASN moving our games, not even debatable.

I just think its misleading to say Televised. The average person (casual fan) would hear that and would ask their server at a Chili's or Hooters to turn on the game for them. It's televised, right?

Streaming is a great option. But they a have a ways to go before everyone turns into cord cutters. SmartTV was a great idea but poorly implemented. We don't even it and we have two Samsungs and Vizio. Roku is a good product but the lack of content/channels was issue for me. I have 3 just collecting dust. AppleTV is a great product but at $150/200 only Apple fanboys will make that investment. Right now I'm using Chromecast but they could add more memory for buffering issues at houses with slower/inconsistent connections and maybe add subscription channels. Sling TV looks really promising only $20 and I'd get most of my cable channels but you can only log into one Sling at a time.
    I'm pretty sure a Roku can stream everything an Apple TV can plus more. I have two and use them daily on the same tv.

I've been watching the Olympics with it. Have each on a different input. I'll put two different things on and just switch between the inputs on the TV.

And fyi, Roku is never supposed to be turned off. So no one should ever have to figure out how to turn it on. They don't have power buttons for that reason. Just switch input on TV, grab Roku remote and go.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information