Thread: UL's Wright, Hoggins battle to back up McGuire

1. UL Football UL's Wright, Hoggins battle to back up McGuire

Outcome of No. 2 running back fight could impact use of senior starter in UL offense

Default Re: UL's Wright, Hoggins battle to back up McGuire

They finally moved our recruiting trailers. What are the gonna talk about on the Nech board?

Underated battle going on right now. Who can spell McGuire and be effective?

4. Default Re: UL's Wright, Hoggins battle to back up McGuire

Two completely different types of backs. Hoggins is very similar to Torrey Peirce and Wright is more like Alonzo. So it will be interesting on how the "O" changes based on who the backup RB is. I would like to see a little of both. Hoggins has showed flashes the little he has been in the games.

Speaking of Torrey Pierce, it is interesting to see that his brother Tariq, a player we were looking at in the recruiting process, signed with Southern. I would have thought we would have offered him as a preferred walkon. I know he was a little of an undersized LB. But, the reality is his brother was an undersized RB that ended up being one heck of a Cajun.

Personally, I see Ragas contributing by week 5. 4-5 touches per game. At 215 lbs, he could help wear teams down when we are leading and trying to eat time off the clock.

If he has 50 touches at years end and over 300 yards that's not bad for a freshman.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Two completely different types of backs. Hoggins is very similar to Torrey Peirce and Wright is more like Alonzo. So it will be interesting on how the "O" changes based on who the backup RB is. I would like to see a little of both. Hoggins has showed flashes the little he has been in the games.

Speaking of Torrey Pierce, it is interesting to see that his brother Tariq, a player we were looking at in the recruiting process, signed with Southern. I would have thought we would have offered him as a preferred walkon. I know he was a little of an undersized LB. But, the reality is his brother was an undersized RB that ended up being one heck of a Cajun.
    Fenroy would be a better comparison for wright both size and running style. I don't know if he'll be as good but is a very similar back. I also think Ragas is going to be a staple in the offense by mid season. His film is as good as any coming here not named McGuire and the dude is BIG at 220 lbs.

Thread Information