Thread: UL's Osborne shaking off summer illness

1. UL Football UL's Osborne shaking off summer illness

Sophomore from Alabama could start at defensive end this season

Default Re: UL's Osborne shaking off summer illness

With more pieces helping him out, he could have a great year

With Dontrelle Allen not qualifying, that makes 5 incoming 2016 freshman that we wasted a spot on.

That's 5 of the 20 spots for 2016...all on the defensive side of the ball , expect another 5 to not pan out. That leaves 10 players of the 16 class. All 10 must contribute by 2018. That's a tall order.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    With Dontrelle Allen not qualifying, that makes 5 incoming 2016 freshman that we wasted a spot on.

That's 5 of the 20 spots for 2016...all on the defensive side of the ball , expect another 5 to not pan out. That leaves 10 players of the 16 class. All 10 must contribute by 2018. That's a tall order.
    Hud will just backfill with JUCO players

Biggest loss was Nic Wiggins. I hope we can get him back but P5s will be all over him if he comes out of juco.

Was chatting with my Southern Miss buddy, and this is what their what lead to their quick drop. And it is this recruiting issue that has lowered our overall talent level. Elijah can not do it on his own. Our coaches are not smarter than the competition. I hope they prove me wrong this year. I sure do hope soooooooo!

5 out of 17 freshman not qualifying - very Jerry Baldwin-like.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cajun1300 View Post
    5 out of 17 freshman not qualifying - very Jerry Baldwin-like.
    Except Jerry Baldwin didn't win 4 bowl games.. Hell, did he manage to win 4 games?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun1300 View Post
    5 out of 17 freshman not qualifying- very Jerry Baldwin-like.
    Not as bad, 12-15 not qualifiers in a class like Marshall had last season would be Baldwin like. The difference is this time they had backup plans with JC's. The problem with it now is that we are top heavy in upperclassmen at two positions, DB and LB. That means they will also have to add JC signees to the next class, which is why we have two JC commitments right now.

Like I've said earlier, this works for Kansas State and Louisiana Technical. It works if the guys that do make grades are high quality recruits. If they're not, you're headed for Baldwintown.

Concerning...it's tough to build a program that way. One bad JUCO class year and this thing comes falling down.

I personally think we had better talent back in 2012-2013. That was Bustle's recruits and Hud's first two classes. I am also thinking that we are missing Saunders and his Wayne County connect. We were getting P5 talent to UL.

Not sure is the SBC has gotten better since 2012 or has our talent taken a dip since Saunders left two years ago?

Thoughts?

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Not sure is the SBC has gotten better since 2012 or has our talent taken a dip since Saunders left two years ago?

Thoughts?
    That's a very good question that I was wondering as well. Does Appy State, GA Southern and Arky State have better talent now than 2012 WKU, MTSU, UNT and Arky State?

Do the Cajuns have less NFL prospects on the current roster or was last year just a dip?

Concerning...it's tough to build a program that way. One bad JUCO class year and this thing comes falling down.

I personally think we had better talent back in 2012-2013. That was Bustle's recruits and Hud's first two classes. I am also thinking that we are missing Saunders and his Wayne County connect. We were getting P5 talent to UL.

Thoughts?
    We had a talent gap on the o line due to transfers and attrition. It should have been addressed with juco a but was not. I think this year our young talent on the o line will start to show up and other than Gordon they will all be back in 2017. We will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by RedCajun View Post
    That's a very good question that I was wondering as well. Does Appy State, GA Southern and Arky State have better talent now than 2012 WKU, MTSU, UNT and Arky State?

Do the Cajuns have less NFL prospects on the current roster or was last year just a dip?
    We lost 17 players that played from 2014- 2015 .. you expect those drops coaching did not help

15. Default Re: UL's Osborne shaking off summer illness

The NCAA mandates an average loss of 8 players a year.

Thread Information