Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Jennings vs. Davis: UL's QB battle is on

Default Re: Jennings vs. Davis: UL's QB battle is on

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    You can't have jalen run everytime in short yardage and the starter has to also not just pass in those situations.they need to run short yardage as well. Can't be predictable about it.
    Or you could just stick with your top 2 QBs who are excellent dual threat guys.

See above post.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post

See above post.
    If only I was the head coach.but I'm not. We are discussing this based on what the head coach keeps saying that jalen will be used in short yardage.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I'm thinking Pick 6.

Both Davis and Jennings are very good runners. An option play works just as well as a QB draw. How many times we watched Broadway tuck it and run for the TD on the goal line?

There is no need for a goal line package for Nixon. The top 2 QBs are more than capable. If you need Nixon for his bulk and strength, there is a spot for him 3 feet behind the QB.
    I'm willing to see how this Nixon short yardage concept goes through Boise State and McNeese State. If it doesn't produce. we scrap it. It has to have some flexibility, including pass options, to work. But I imagine what they'll try to get Nixon to do is draw defenses offsides, look for very specific defensive sets to just barrel in behind his blocking, crash through a seam, or even roll out and throw. I don't want him coming right off the sidelines and throwing to the flats. but there's got to be medium to low risk passes he can read and complete based on the defense. He may be a much more effective throwing QB when he's been given far fewer options to think about and execute.

I think Nixon was kept at QB as an experienced back up to Davis before the Jennings thing happen now it too late to switch position. He is a Sr. leader on the team he will get a couple of carries but nothing to worry about. Its easier to give lip service and hold that insurance policy than let him walk as a Sr with no experience behind Jennings. JMO

See above post.
    It's 4th and 1, the game is on the line. Which QB do you want plowing ahead for that 1 yard?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    I think Nixon was kept at QB as an experienced back up to Davis before the Jennings thing happen now it too late to switch position. He is a Sr. leader on the team he will get a couple of carries but nothing to worry about. Its easier to give lip service and hold that insurance policy than let him walk as a Sr with no experience behind Jennings. JMO
    Exactly what I was thinking. We had Davis and Weaver. And now Davis and Jennings. If one of those guys goes down (which happens almost every year), I think Hud wants to have another QB available to be the back up to the back up.

And Hud will give Nixon a package of plays because the guy was the starting QB most of the season last year and is a Senior. And he may not be worth a damn as a running back, who knows? So 3rd QB is what he is.

That said, I would bet that if Jennings or Davis is playing well, we won't see much of the Nixon short yardage package.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking. We had Davis and Weaver. And now Davis and Jennings. If one of those guys goes down (which happens almost every year), I think Hud wants to have another QB available to be the back up to the back up.

And Hud will give Nixon a package of plays because the guy was the starting QB most of the season last year and is a Senior. And he may not be worth a damn as a running back, who knows? So 3rd QB is what he is.

That said, I would bet that if Jennings or Davis is playing well, we won't see much of the Nixon short yardage package.
    I would bet you'd be wrong. Neither Davis nor Jennings are built to plow through the line like Nixon. He'll have his role in the offense this season for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    I would bet you'd be wrong. Neither Davis nor Jennings are built to plow through the line like Nixon. He'll have his role in the offense this season for sure.
    Jennings is about 6'2 230 LB's right now.have you ever stood next to him in person?

I'm thinking Pick 6.

Both Davis and Jennings are very good runners. An option play works just as well as a QB draw. How many times we watched Broadway tuck it and run for the TD on the goal line?

There is no need for a goal line package for Nixon. The top 2 QBs are more than capable. If you need Nixon for his bulk and strength, there is a spot for him 3 feet behind the QB.
    Whether or not they have a goal line or short yardage package for Nixon is of little consequence to me. However, if they decide to do this, I'm just saying they need to make sure it is varied a bit as only having run plays for him when he's in there is a waste of time. We have to be able to present the threat of the pass and big play that way to make him effective.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    Two QB System

Translation: You don't really have a QB
    LSU had two outstanding quarterbacks with Stokley and Screen. They've done it several times. Charlie Mac didn't want to get caught without an experienced QB.

Under your thinking maybe Davis again in 2017 is inexperienced.

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Jennings is every bit as big as Nixon. So you may lose that bet.

I'm pretty sure that Jennings is every bit as big as Nixon. So you may lose that bet.
    Jordan Davis is 6-3 prolly around 215 he is the biggest QB on the roster

On the roster, Nixon is 6'2, 226. Davis is 6'3, 205, and Jennings is listed at 6'2, 216.

They're basically all the same size.

On the roster, Nixon is 6'2, 226. Davis is 6'3, 205, and Jennings is listed at 6'2, 216.

They're basically all the same size.
    10 pound differences on Athletes is a lot.20lbs is a whole lot. If you stand them all next to each other they are all different sizes and you would think Jennings is the heaviest.from looking at them.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    10 pound differences on Athletes is a lot.20lbs is a whole lot. If you stand them all next to each other they are all different sizes and you would think Jennings is the heaviest.from looking at them.
    I hate to break it to you Schools lie on rosters about Size all the time

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information