Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Louisiana Announces Staff Promotions

1. People 2016 Louisiana Announces Staff Promotions

Louisiana Director of Athletics Scott Farmer announced on Thursday the promotion of three department members in advance of the 2016-17 academic year.

Farmer announced that Dr. Jessica Leger has been named Deputy Director of Athletics/SWA, Tom Burke was named Assistant Director of Athletics for Compliance and Christy Alford was named Director of the Student-Athlete Academic Center.

Default Re: Louisiana Announces Staff Promotions

"Jessica is an extremely organized individual that has proven to be able to accomplish tasks and see the big picture of college athletics," Farmer said. "She will be invaluable as she takes some of the day-to-day operations of the department off of me."

Code for"now I get to spend more time at the Corner Bar."

3. Default Re: Louisiana Announces Staff Promotions

What everyone seems to miss in this, is this is the chief example of the UL athletic department. When people like Jessica Leger are in high places of power, you have ineptitude. More of the good 'ole boy network at hand.

*These statements are those of the poster and do not reflect the views or opinions of Ragin Pagin, its members, or its host

Cajunjeb is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun_in_NM View Post
    What everyone seems to miss in this, is this is the chief example of the UL athletic department. When people like Jessica Leger are in high places of power, you have ineptitude. More of the good 'ole boy network at hand.

*These statements are those of the poster and do not reflect the views or opinions of Ragin Pagin, its members, or its host
    I think I am missing what you are trying to say. Why is Leger being promoted a sign of ineptitude? Are you saying she is inept or is it that Farmer is giving up responsibilities a sign of ineptitude in him?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    "Jessica is an extremely organized individual that has proven to be able to accomplish tasks and see the big picture of college athletics," Farmer said. "She will be invaluable as she takes some of the day-to-day operations of the department off of me."

Code for"now I get to spend more time at the Corner Bar."
    My god.I work with someone just like Farmer. Always delegating their responsibilities downward to their subordinates, and automating or subcontracting out what they are supposed to be doing. All the while, they look like they are working and doing this and that, and they are completely incompetent and make everyone else who isn't in their department work that much harder to make up for their lack of ability. And their supervisor will hear nothing about problems with said person, and will bend over backwards for said person. I see the same relationship between Farmer and Savoie. I see it every day.and it makes me ill.

6. Default Re: Louisiana Announces Staff Promotions

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunjeb View Post
    I think I am missing what you are trying to say. Why is Leger being promoted a sign of ineptitude? Are you saying she is inept or is it that Farmer is giving up responsibilities a sign of ineptitude in him?
    I apologize for the lack of clarity. Mrs. Leger is a great woman, but a poor fit in this line of work. As an assistant athletic director, many strengths are needed that she does not have. This IS NOT a strike upon her, it just isn't her main strength. But, since she is born into the network and involved in the network from birth, here she is being promoted. This is being orchestrated by a man brought into the network to do what he always does.keep the network alive and well.

Long Live The Good 'Ole Boy Network!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    My god.I work with someone just like Farmer. Always delegating their responsibilities downward to their subordinates, and automating or subcontracting out what they are supposed to be doing. All the while, they look like they are working and doing this and that, and they are completely incompetent and make everyone else who isn't in their department work that much harder to make up for their lack of ability. And their supervisor will hear nothing about problems with said person, and will bend over backwards for said person. I see the same relationship between Farmer and Savoie. I see it every day.and it makes me ill.
    I wonder if the moves were made by the administration to reduce his "footprint" in the athletics department because of highly visible missteps or to start the process to move him out completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun_in_NM View Post
    I apologize for the lack of clarity. Mrs. Leger is a great woman, but a poor fit in this line of work. As an assistant athletic director, many strengths are needed that she does not have. This IS NOT a strike upon her, it just isn't her main strength. But, since she is born into the network and involved in the network from birth, here she is being promoted. This is being orchestrated by a man brought into the network to do what he always does.keep the network alive and well.

Long Live The Good 'Ole Boy Network!!!

No apologizes needed.

I think it's a move to phase Farmer out.

No apologizes needed.

We couldn't be so lucky

I wonder if the moves were made by the administration to reduce his "footprint" in the athletics department because of highly visible missteps or to start the process to move him out completely.
    From experience, it's only to further insulate him from looking inept.

11. Default Re: Louisiana Announces Staff Promotions

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    ----The Peter Principal is accurate at certain times but obviously not all the time---the American formula that works at times is busting your butt and doing a great job and work one's way up---She, no doubt has done a fabulous job with academics and has paid her way with both academic and empirical knowledge of her duties---Always have loved the intrinsic motivation angle but with caution to it's comparisons with ability---Time will tell!!!

12. Default

No apologizes needed.

Jeb is on to something

Farmer is going to be busy doing other things in the coming months None of them are Atheltic related and all of them are potentially bad for him, good for the anti-Farmer faction.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

The Peter Principal is accurate at certain times but obviously not all the time---the American formula that works at times is busting your butt and doing a great job and work one's way up---She, no doubt has done a fabulous job with academics and has paid her way with both academic and empirical knowledge of her duties---Always have loved the intrinsic motivation angle but with caution to it's comparisons with ability---Time will tell!!!

I feel an ad hominem coming on

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Jeb is on to something

Farmer is going to be busy doing other things in the coming months None of them are Atheltic related and all of them are potentially bad for him, good for the anti-Farmer faction.
    FINGERS CROSSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I feel an ad hominem coming on
    A little boomerlove on a Friday morning

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information