Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ex-UL starter Nixon staying at quarterback for now

1. Default Re: Ex-UL starter Nixon staying at quarterback for now

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    They need to be in the same room.just doing different things.
    ---I remember and was surprised at the results in a post grad Kinesiology lab

I had always thought that muscle and bulk took away from flexibility but it was just the opposite---However it sure seems like it effected B-Way and Nixon into a funky delivery---then I think back with my Carl Malone conversation of his extensive weight training and his increased shooting percentage and wonder why the accuracy I think went down FOR OUR QBS---and yes a number of variables involved!!!

Default Re: Ex-UL starter Nixon staying at quarterback for now

Nixon is staying at QB because we will need a back up this year. I think Hud is preparing for if Davis losses the job and transfers before the start of the school year.

Why do people worry about a player transferring out because a new player adds competition.

Isn't competition what they are looking for?

If you can't handle competition I don't want you on my team anyway.

Note: This is not directed towards Jordan Davis; he is a competitor.

4. Default Re: Ex-UL starter Nixon staying at quarterback for now

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Why do people worry about a player transferring out because a new player adds competition.

Fear of competition would empty the SEC. It doesn't and that is why those places are talent graveyards.

Yogi Berra could have a field day with a situation. 'Good players don't sign with the Big-12 anymore. There's too much competition."

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post

You mean like Haack couldn't stand the pressure from the young talent coming up so he hit the road. I have heard speculation from inside the locker room that JD might go if he does not win the job. Now there is big talk of jennings getting 2 yrs here.

JD is good enough to play at any G5 school I don't blame him or would think any less of him if he decides to leave because an SEC talent just feel into ULs lap.

6. Default Re: Ex-UL starter Nixon staying at quarterback for now

Quote Originally Posted by Opie Taylor View Post
    You mean like Haack couldn't stand the pressure from the young talent coming up so he hit the road.
    Big Gigantic difference between talent competition and misuse of talent.

I don't see the problem with him being a QB, with Jennings he wont even run wildcat. Hell I can go to the team and be listed as a quarterback and never play the position like I said no big deal. The only thing that scares me if something happens where Jennings isn't on the team he would be our no 2. what ever happened to Dion Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Big Gigantic difference between talent competition and misuse of talent.
    Wasn't a good runner and proved to not be the passer we all thought. What did you want them to do with him?

9. Default Re: Ex-UL starter Nixon staying at quarterback for now

Wasn't a good runner and proved to not be the passer we all thought. What did you want them to do with him?
    Jake wasn't known for his wheels either but Stokley showed he knew the difference between Mitchell and Delhomme and used their strengths accordingly.

Haack was about as accurate as any QB UL has had in the last 5 years

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Jake wasn't known for his wheels either but Stokley showed he knew the difference between Mitchell and Delhomme and used their strengths accordingly.

Haack was about as accurate as any QB UL has had in the last 5 years
    T-Bine to mention Haack and Jake in the same breath is sacrilegious. I have watched every game he's played in and more practices than most and he has never been that impressive to me. I have never seen this above average QB every one on here makes him out to be.

I would be surprised if he is the starter at NWST.

11. Default Re: Ex-UL starter Nixon staying at quarterback for now

T-Bine to mention Haack and Jake in the same breath is sacrilegious. I have watched every game he's played in and more practices than most and he has never been that impressive to me. I have never seen this above average QB every one on here makes him out to be.

I would be surprised if he is the starter at NWST.
    I took a breath between paragraphs.

JD is good enough to play at any G5 school I don't blame him or would think any less of him if he decides to leave because an SEC talent just feel into ULs lap.
    You cant be serious. The JD that I have seen is not good enough to plat at UL. That is the reason why Jennings is here. Yes, JD has the athletic ability but I dont think he has grasped the offense like the coaches expected. he looks completely lost out there.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    You cant be serious. The JD that I have seen is not good enough to plat at UL. That is the reason why Jennings is here. Yes, JD has the athletic ability but I dont think he has grasped the offense like the coaches expected. he looks completely lost out there.
    Are you basing your opinion at all
    Off of a spring game with no o-line, no McGuire and an extremely vanilla offense.basically nothing like the offense we will be running in the fall? Because he didn't look anymore lost last year that a normal QB would getting his first reps. Why do people put so much stock in a glorified practice? Both sides know what the other side is doing.they practice against it everyday. He made mistakes against Troy bu I didn't think he looked lost.no more lost than the entire team
    Looked most of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    I had several one on one conversations with Jay Johnson this spring at baseball tournaments. At the time he was O coordinator at Minnesota so there was no coach speak. He said JD has the best talent of any QB we've had since he has been here. Our families have become close friends over the last 3 years and he wouldn't say that unless he truly felt it. I think I'll take coach Johnson's opinion over yours I just think he may know a little better for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Are you basing your opinion at all
    Off of a spring game with no o-line, no McGuire and an extremely vanilla offense.basically nothing like the offense we will be running in the fall? Because he didn't look anymore lost last year that a normal QB would getting his first reps. Why do people put so much stock in a glorified practice? Both sides know what the other side is doing.they practice against it everyday. He made mistakes against Troy bu I didn't think he looked lost.no more lost than the entire team
    Looked most of the year.
    He's not lost! He's no dummy, he knows the plays.

IMO, the game hasn't slowed down enough for him to make the proper reads and execute the offense. That's what I see. His talent is off the charts, so if he figures out of way to chill, he will be formidable.

Some guys have that ability from day 1, some need playing time, some need a lot of playing time and some never get it. The QB position is all about having the ability to process information under pressure to make the right decision, then letting your skill(s) do the rest.

My concern watching JD in the spring game was he still looked anxious. If you can't slow it down in a spring gamewell, that doesn't bode well.

If you look at the game AJ had against Bama in 2014, it's very impressive. He had only a handful of starts (true sophomore) under his belt and Bama kept him under pressure the whole freaking game. Sure, he missed some throws, but he had more than a handful of drops and that would have moved the chains. No.4 vs. no.15, national TV and they lose to Bama in OT. Not too shabby!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information