Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Facility ratings

1. Default Facility ratings

---Oh I needed to add the IPF--that is a real jewel for our athletics program---I forgot Tulane's baseball along with USA's are very nice!

Default Re: Facility ratings

Our APC is pretty fantastic, while Cajun Field is a dump in relative terms. Once the Tigue and Cajundome are done, both basketball teams and our spring sports will all have very nice facilities. I don't know what that means rankings wise or where we fit in with other schools, but nice facilities that anybody not in a P5 conference would be proud to play in. But I know that our football stadium - even with the new endzone and upgraded video board - is in dire need of some TLC and serious cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Just wondering about our standards in facilities as compared to the schools in our area (or all G5s) and who has better facilities---- Performance Centers I would think we have the best---in FB I would think Memphis, Houston, and S Miss have better stadia--MBB & WBB I think the new Dome look would be right behind Memphis (Now the locker room deal I think we are way behind some)---Baseball will be as good as any other---Softball as good as any other -----Not having seen many or all, I wonder what you guys think about UL as compared to all the G-5s???
    Well, the stadium isn't up to par by a long shot, we don't own a basketball arena, softball is first class and baseball will be as well unless t joe and Farmer screw it up.

Middle of the road Sun Belt. Lower G5.

When is the stadium getting an upgrade and what is the price?

Quote Originally Posted by Alum78 View Post
    $55 mill and when Emperor Fubar is taken out

Probably never. $50,000,000+

7. Default Re: Facility ratings

How bout those new dorms and Union Building?.pretty nice, not athletic complexes but still a nice selling tool

People who lack transparency, integrity and trust will never raise that kind of money.

9. Default Re: Facility ratings

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Probably never. $50,000,000+
    ---I was also wondering about seating capacity----Softball #1 ?---baseball will be #1?---basketball--top 3---FB top3!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    People who lack transparency, integrity and trust will never raise that kind of money.
    Lord, these fools will never get that. We would be better off just tearing out the pressbox and building whatever size one we can fit on the current structure and calling it good. We don't seem to have any ambition beyond the sun belt, so really why invest in any more football stadium than that?

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

We are going to have the best facilities in the Southland Conference, by far!!!

Z

12. Default Re: Facility ratings

Well, the stadium isn't up to par by a long shot, we don't own a basketball arena, softball is first class and baseball will be as well unless t joe and Farmer screw it up.

---I can't disprove it, but I don't think you are being objective---surprise!!! lol

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    We are going to have the best facilities in the Southland Conference, by far!!!

Z
    If Farmer is still the AD, we are not a shoe into the SLC

14. Default Re: Facility ratings

UL does own a very nice basketball arena, it is currently being remodeled.

The problem is UL has completely relinquished control to the point where they are sometimes treated like a cheap tenant.

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---I can't disprove it, but I don't think you are being objective---surprise!!! lol
    He's being totally objective. You're the one believing pie in the sky based on hope not actions.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information