Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Facility ratings

1. Default Re: Facility ratings

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    He's being totally objective. You're the one believing pie in the sky based on hope not actions.
    ----Like not knowing that we own the Dome??? Yea total objectivity---the correct answer would be that softball and baseball will be some of the finest facilities in the country and MBB and WBB will also have a fabulous facility to play in---the IPF and APC are the envy of all and IPF has been featured on national stages compared to top P-5ers----the T&F/soccer facilities are very nice and the only thing lacking is a newly done remodeled big stadium----So the list of schools that do have better facilities include????? Oh try and be objective as you name your list!!!

Default Re: Facility ratings

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    UL does own a very nice basketball arena, it is currently being remodeled.

The problem is UL has completely relinquished control to the point where they are sometimes treated like a cheap tenant.
    To draw a comparison from title law, UL is the naked owner of the dome, while the dome commission has usufruct. The naked owner can only use the property with the permission of and under the control of the usufructuary.

Although usufruct is a real right less than ownership, it is defacto ownership.

This is not a perfect analogy, but it is very close to the reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

Like not knowing that we own the Dome??? Yea total objectivity---the correct answer would be that softball and baseball will be some of the finest facilities in the country and MBB and WBB will also have a fabulous facility to play in---the IPF and APC are the envy of all and IPF has been featured on national stages compared to top P-5ers

the T&F/soccer facilities are very nice and the only thing lacking is a newly done remodeled big stadium

So the list of schools that do have better facilities include????? Oh try and be objective as you name your list!!!

We will have mid to lower level P5 facilities.but so will a load of other G5 level Universities

If we ever get the FB stadium done.it's a dump

5. Default Re: Facility ratings

We own the land not the dome. I'm reasonably sure that's correct.

Hud had to take the APC across the line not FarmrBROWN.
    It's a top tier G5 not in the land.

Softball. Not SEC quality, but better than most of the rest.

Baseball. Nice, not top drawer across the land. Definitely not SEC, ACC, Big XII nice.

Football the bottom of FBS.

Finally he was talking about the leaders leading instead of hiding in the bunkers. Meanwhile FarmerBROWN practicing his q & a for the BEV show a week away. No you won't get to have a q & a directly with your hero.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Facility ratings

Like not knowing that we own the Dome??? Yea total objectivity---the correct answer would be that softball and baseball will be some of the finest facilities in the country and MBB and WBB will also have a fabulous facility to play in---the IPF and APC are the envy of all and IPF has been featured on national stages compared to top P-5ers

the T&F/soccer facilities are very nice and the only thing lacking is a newly done remodeled big stadium

So the list of schools that do have better facilities include????? Oh try and be objective as you name your list!!!

See my explanation in a prior post of why I say we do not have constructive ownership of the dome.

Our track facility is mid level Texas high school, if you are talking about the competition venue. If you are talking locker rooms and office facilities, it is fair; MUCH better than it was, but not pie in the sky great.

The football stadium in general is a dump. We love it because it is our dump.

As I said before Lamson is top shelf, and if Savoie and Farmer get out of the way, the Tigue will be top shelf as well.

True, as long as their games don't conflict with any other event. But it is no nicer than several others in the Sun Belt. Take a look at Troy's facility, or stAte's or Little Rock's.

8. Default Re: Facility ratings

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    To draw a comparison from title law, UL is the naked owner of the dome, while the dome commission has usufruct. The naked owner can only use the property with the permission of and under the control of the usufructuary.

Although usufruct is a real right less than ownership, it is defacto ownership.

This is not a perfect analogy, but it is very close to the reality.
    ---and guess who reaps the advantage of all the renew doings of the DOME??? UL basketball---millions of bucks that we don't have to come up with---With the sound and and physical adds think about $30million-----I agree that there are some disadvantages,but the permissions of use are pretty damn good for the return----now get down and list those schools with better facilities!!!

9. Default Re: Facility ratings

He's done it, and that's just SBC.

Our football facility is bad by even SBC standards. USA getting new stadium, TXST already renovated. You got stAte years ahead. APPST renovation in progress. Troy same. Ga State getting Turner Field.

---and guess who reaps the advantage of all the renew doings of the DOME??? UL basketball---millions of bucks that we don't have to come up with---With the sound and and physical adds think about $30million

-I agree that there are some disadvantages,but the permissions of use are pretty damn good for the return

now get down and list those schools with better facilities!!!

Just listed 3 in the Sun Belt with better basketball facilities. Should have listed UTA as well.

---and guess who reaps the advantage of all the renew doings of the DOME??? UL basketball---millions of bucks that we don't have to come up with---With the sound and and physical adds think about $30million

-I agree that there are some disadvantages,but the permissions of use are pretty damn good for the return

now get down and list those schools with better facilities!!!

So, the inability to host a home NIT or WNIT game, and the inability to host a holiday tournament, and the aggravation of our fans being inconvenienced by non-UL activities during UL events are inconsequential to you?

12. Default Re: Facility ratings

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    We own the land not the dome. I'm reasonably sure that's correct.

Hud had to take the APC across the line not FarmrBROWN.
    It's a top tier G5 not in the land.

Softball. Not SEC quality, but better than most of the rest.

Baseball. Nice, not top drawer across the land. Definitely not SEC, ACC, Big XII nice.

Football the bottom of FBS.

Finally he was talking about the leaders leading instead of hiding in the bunkers. Meanwhile FarmerBROWN practicing his q & a for the BEV show a week away. No you won't get to have a q & a directly with your hero.
    ------Again not my hero (remember about adding things attributed to me that shouldn't be)----He has done some things well as the head of athletics and some things I am totally in disagreement with----As head we have seen a tremendous growth in facilities and improvements, outstanding academic performance, some great records in sports with post season performances and future plans in the making of more facility upgrades(any AD in the country would certainly claim credit as the top guy for this success)---- The conference situation as I have pointed out many times on here disgusts me!!! Unfortunately I don't know why or if we are making progress on this!!!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Boomer, I think we've made strides in facilities. But as you desire to rank our facilities against other athletic programs. please keep in mind that all of the other sports combined do not trump the condition of the football stadium. I think the APC is next in line, and for it we have a nice argument.

But. until and unless we renovate Cajun Field, stacking up other sports program facilities does not place us in the company of the "better facilitated institutions". It's not just the cost component of football stadiums that weight the argument. It's the "football drives the bus" argument. And although you can add up objective reasoning all day long. the humans involved are subjective. and the subjective argument is that he who rules with a top notch football stadium. rules.

14. Default Re: Facility ratings

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Just listed 3 in the Sun Belt with better basketball facilities. Should have listed UTA as well.
    ---still waiting on the schools with better overall facilities---Your non mentions of the IPF and the APC are like the DNC's not mentioning ISIS!

15. Default

--Again not my hero (remember about adding things attributed to me that shouldn't be)

He has done some things well as the head of athletics and some things I am totally in disagreement with

As head we have seen a tremendous growth in facilities and improvements, outstanding academic performance, some great records in sports with post season performances and future plans in the making of more facility upgrades(any AD in the country would certainly claim credit as the top guy for this success)

The conference situation as I have pointed out many times on here disgusts me!!! Unfortunately I don't know why or if we are making progress on this!!!

Boomer, I'll judge YOU on his hero status. It's MY opinion not yours that matters in MY post.

You've always passed on giving him or any ZuL boss a failing mark. As soon as FarmerBROWN lied to us on the first conference move he's dead to me. Just like when you catch your kid lying to you. He had to prove himself every time after that. Scott's continued to get caught in lies. So much so, he's been MIA all summer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information