Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Facility ratings

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    So, the inability to host a home NIT or WNIT game, and the inability to host a holiday tournament, and the aggravation of our fans being inconvenienced by non-UL activities during UL events are inconsequential to you?
    Boomer the IPC was on the Fossils watch.
    Hud carried the ball across the finish line on APC. Farmer was satisfied with a field goal attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---still waiting on the schools with better overall facilities---Your non mentions of the IPF and the APC are like the DNC's not mentioning ISIS!
    Troy, Houston, USM, WKU, and UNT are all better than us.

3. Default Re: Facility ratings

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Troy, Houston, USM, WKU, and UNT are all better than us.
    Why??? --their IPF, basketball arena, baseball and softball??? I have never seen any and that is why I ask but USA's baseball and Tulane's are very nice!!! I think only Houston has more capacity in FB and we are larger than the rest!!! Asking as this is good conversation!!!

4. Default Re: Facility ratings

Boomer size doesn't make you better. Surely your wife has reassured you of that.

5. Default Re: Facility ratings

Boomer in facilities you're graded in descending order nationally.
    Football
    Basketball
    Track and field
    Baseball
    Softball
    Tennis
    Soccer
    Lacrosse

I may be inaccurate, but first and second are 90% of your perception to others.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Boomer in facilities you're graded in descending order nationally.
    Football
    Basketball
    Track and field
    Baseball
    Softball
    Tennis
    Soccer
    Lacrosse

I may be inaccurate, but first and second are 90% of your perception to others.
    I think baseball is quickly becoming 3rd if not there already. College baseball is growing at a fast pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Why??? --their IPF, basketball arena, baseball and softball??? I have never seen any and that is why I ask but USA's baseball and Tulane's are very nice!!! I think only Houston has more capacity in FB and we are larger than the rest!!! Asking as this is good conversation!!!
    Troy: Football and basketball better. Baseball is nice, not better.

UNT: football is awesome, basketball is as good.

Houston: needs no explanation.

USM: football much nicer, basketball on par, baseball on par.

WKU: football nicer, basketball nicer (even after reno)

Default Re: Facility ratings

Here is a qute from the Cajun Dome website under the "about us" tab.

"The CAJUNDOME was built by the State of Louisiana, funded by the City of Lafayette, and owned by the University of Louisiana . at Lafayette. On a daily basis the facility interacts with individuals in each of these three governmental entities."

We own the land not the dome. I'm reasonably sure that's correct.

I would disagree on your softball statement. Lamson is nicer with a larger capacity than almost all of the SEC facilities. I think only Alabama's seats more. Our capacity is more than double that of BR, Auburn & Florida I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    True, as long as their games don't conflict with any other event. But it is no nicer than several others in the Sun Belt. Take a look at Troy's facility, or stAte's or Little Rock's.
    or UT Arlington

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    or UT Arlington
    Thanks. I mentioned them in a subsequent post. I would LOVE to have an arena like theirs or Troy's.

12. Default Re: Facility ratings

Boomer size doesn't make you better. Surely your wife has reassured you of that.
    ---when in the different coverage of the schools they show the capacity/attendance and possibly a photo of the stadium----our Southern game of a packed Cajun Field is very impressive---agree???

13. UL Football Re: Facility ratings

Boomer I'm happy with the fans in the seats, but that does not make the stadium anything but a forty plus year old relic. It is in serious need of complete refurbishment. We are so freaking far behind it cannot be pushed under the rug any further.

Look the stadium for USA is old as fick and it's terrible too. Plenty of seats does not make something nice.

14. Default Re: Facility ratings

Boomer I'm happy with the fans in the seats, but that does not make the stadium anything but a forty plus year old relic. It is in serious need of complete refurbishment. We are so freaking far behind it cannot be pushed under the rug any further.

Look the stadium for USA is old as fick and it's terrible too. Plenty of seats does not make something nice.
    ----you can't see the forest----ah the stadium for the fans!!! lol and yes the stadium as I stated is one of the largest but far from stuff needed in the G-5s---Gawd I hate that reference!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information