Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Soccer 2016

1. UL Volleyball Re: Soccer Falls To Arkansas State, 1-0

Of course thy did, but it doesn't matter. We are happy running in the shallows.

Default Re: Soccer Falls To Arkansas State, 1-0

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Of course thy did, but it doesn't matter. We are happy running in the shallows.
    Did you read the article? AState scored on a free kick. We had more shots on goal. Why don't you say Farmer lost the game for us. It would make about as much sense as what you stated.
    Your negativity has no bounds at this point.

4. Default Re: Soccer Falls To Arkansas State, 1-0

You're absolutely correct it's FarmerBROWN at fault. This coach good years are when he's not in the basement of the SBC. He's the poster child of our coaches. Don't embarrass us too many times and you've got a lifetime gig.

You don't want to even look at how bad the volleyball records are under the current coach. But she's a great person.

Lol. Is he reponsible for climate change to? You know, with all the hot air he spews. Face it. UL has a tough time with the country club sports. Parents struggle sending their kid to UL after they have shelled out 10's of thousands on coaches and travel in HS. Most would rather they just be a student at LSU than play soccer or volleyball at UL.
    Not saying the coach get a free pass. They shouldn't, but it is extremely difficult to find LA kids who 1) are good enough to play D1 and 2) Are interested in playing at UL.

6. Default Re: Soccer Falls To Arkansas State, 1-0

Sounds like a whole lot of excuses from Metry. You been too closely aligned with Little Mike Yenni. What was his excuse? Too old to sexting too young to not give way to carnal desires with a minor. But it's legal in Louisiana.

Can I get your name first on the recall?

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    AState scored on a free kick. We had more shots on goal.
    Actually AState had more shots on goal while we had more total shots. You are correct that ASU scored on a free kick but are you sure you aren't thinking they scored on a penalty kick? Free kicks happen all the time in soccer.

8. Default

Lol. Is he reponsible for climate change to? You know, with all the hot air he spews. Face it. UL has a tough time with the country club sports. Parents struggle sending their kid to UL after they have shelled out 10's of thousands on coaches and travel in HS. Most would rather they just be a student at LSU than play soccer or volleyball at UL.
    Not saying the coach get a free pass. They shouldn't, but it is extremely difficult to find LA kids who 1) are good enough to play D1 and 2) Are interested in playing at UL.
    Playing volleyball and soccer at UL makes the education free.

How many women's soccer games have you been to this year Express?

It's funny how the only time women's soccer gets mentioned around here is when we lose. People don't really care, they just want something else to whine about.

10. Default Re: Soccer Falls To Arkansas State, 1-0

None, but we should win.

I want all our sports to win. It's not a reflection on the players. The comment is about our AD and lackluster coaching. But I did buy a pair of volleyball and soccer to support the players.

How about you rebel of nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    None, but we should win.

I want all our sports to win. It's not a reflection on the players. The comment is about our AD and lackluster coaching. But I did buy a pair of volleyball and soccer to support the players.

How about you rebel if nothing?
    Personally, if I don't care enough to go to the games I'm not going to get upset about it if they lose.

We don't make women's soccer a priority. No schools at our level do. So I don't really expect us to win or lose. I'd rather see that money and effort spent on one of the sports everyone cares about.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    We don't make women's soccer a priority. No schools at our level do. So I don't really expect us to win or lose.
    So how do you explain all those other conference teams that beat us year in and year out? Guess it's just luck? We've had a losing conference record for all but three years in the past fifteen years!! Twelve under the current head coach.

And by the way who says it will take more money? And what effort? I have a vested interest in the game. We should strive to do better. I know Louisiana isn't loaded with soccer talent historically but it is getting better fast and apparently the talent we are getting out of Europe and the West Coast of the USA isn't as good as the talent that all our conference mates are able to find.

13. Default Re: Soccer Falls To Arkansas State, 1-0

Rebel is fine with whatever crap sandwich FarmerBROWN and t-jo serve up. You're paying a coach. Here's a novel idea don't suck.

Most would rather they just be a student at LSU than play soccer or volleyball at UL.
    Sadly, I can testify this to be a 100% factual statement. Given the opportunity to ride a bus around the southeastern part of the country on fall afternoons while your friends are tailgating wherever just does not appeal to most female college students. If you have the grades, take the Tops stipend and party on. That tends to be a trait of soccer players; they are good in the classroom too.

Most of the higher level players in the state have seen the upper level payers in the region and in some cases the nation playing travel ball. Even for the corn dogs, it's a hard sell in Louisiana.

15. Default Re: Soccer Falls To Arkansas State, 1-0

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    It's funny how the only time women's soccer gets mentioned around here is when we lose.
    It only seems that way.

NewsCopy posts the games win, lose or draw.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information