Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: National Championship Coastal vs Arizona

1. Default Re: National Championship Coastal vs Arizona

Classless Jay Johnson showing his ___ again.
    Complaining about the umpires
    Unbelievable.

2. Default Re: National Championship Coastal vs Arizona

Asked about Bannister and his over use. He didn't say much but said if the Red Sox didn't want to pay him what he's worth (he was drafted in the 4th round I think), he'd be happy to have Bannister back.

What a freakin tool.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Classless Jay Johnson showing his ___ again.
    Complaining about the umpires
    Unbelievable.
    What? Did they shine a mirror in his SS's eyes or something?

4. Default Re: National Championship Coastal vs Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    What? Did they shine a mirror in his SS's eyes or something?
    Mostly complained about the play at the plate early in the game. I think it was a squeeze attempt.

Mostly complained about the play at the plate early in the game. I think it was a squeeze attempt.
    That's chicken ___. No tomorrow no more games, tip your cap to the other team and go out gracefully. It's not like you are trying to make a point to the crew who is calling your game the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    He gave them rest unlike Arizona.rest is more important than high pitch counts in an outing. Bannister threw like 220 pitches in 3 days at our regional and it may have cost them a title
    I fully believe had they not thrown Bannister the Cajuns would have advanced. I don't agree with his call.but it was his last bullet.

In essence.it gave him his only shot at that National Championship. The better team won today.rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I fully believe had they not thrown Bannister the Cajuns would have advanced. I don't agree with his call.but it was his last bullet.

In essence.it gave him his only shot at that National Championship. The better team won today.rightfully so.
    If we dont get delayed he probably doesn't throw him although I wouldn't put it past him

Default Re: National Championship Coastal vs Arizona

It's funny what a day makes sometimes. We had a day delay that probably hurt us. A day delay prob won a national championship for coastal.

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    It's funny what a day makes sometimes. We had a day delay that probably hurt us. A day delay prob won a national championship for coastal.
    IMO Coastal would have still won yesterday, but the pitching order would have changed.
    It feels good to be relevant in a national tournament.

10. Default Re: National Championship Coastal vs Arizona

SunBelt better soak this up Getting extremely good publicity on the heels of the Chants championship. Timing couldn't have been better I'm not SBC supporter, but they look pretty smart this morning

SunBelt better soak this up Getting extremely good publicity on the heels of the Chants championship. Timing couldn't have been better I'm not SBC supporter, but they look pretty smart this morning
    I will probably get crucified for this but I've always said it from day one that this was a good addition for the "conference".every addition so far since the mass exodus actually has turned out to be pretty good.

Again, just strictly speaking about the conference point of view not necessarily who we want to be associated with.

Default Re: final game ccu vs zona 12:00 noon Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Coach Gilmore seems like a good egg. Could have moved on from his alma mater many years ago, but stayed with his program and built it up. Very Robe-like.

Fun battles to come in the future.
    There are tons of similarities between our programs. Glad to have them in the Sun Belt. I hope we host them next year. Our fans would show them the true respect they earned this year.

Then we sweep them and drink together after each game.

High chopper he thought he could score on. He was 100% out, the ump nailed the call at the plate.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    The 2nd baseman did.
    OUCH

Default Re: final game ccu vs zona 12:00 noon Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    There are tons of similarities between our programs. Glad to have them in the Sun Belt. I hope we host them next year. Our fans would show them the true respect they earned this year.

Then we sweep them and drink together after each game.
    We go to their place next season. I'm going to try to make that series.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information