Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: UC Santa Barbra

Default UC Santa Barbra

Sends Miami home. 5-3 Miami 2 and BBQ .

Listening on Westwood One radio app.

2. Default Re: UC Santa Barbra

I love it. Chaos.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: UC Santa Barbra

Gaucho Nation!

My wife attended UCSB

Quote Originally Posted by CajunMarineBBK View Post
    My wife attended UCSB
    University of Cool Story Bro?

University California Santa Barbara

Zona pulls it out, final 3-0.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunMarineBBK View Post
    University California Santa Barbara

Arizona is a VERY good 2 seed.

10. Default Re: UC Santa Barbra

yep, how many are left? 3 or so? well definitely a lot less than 16, makes a lot of sense that Arizona or no west coast team was allowed to host.

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    yep, how many are left? 3 or so? well definitely a lot less than 16, makes a lot of sense that Arizona or no west coast team was allowed to host.
    While they had a good record, they finished 3rd in a conference in which the champion had a losing record. Again, you are quick to criticize. How do you suggest they do it? Let's throw out the scenario of them being able to see into the future.

12. Default Re: UC Santa Barbra

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Arizona is a VERY good 2 seed.
    They came out of the toughest regional in the country.

Just ask Sam Houston State.

13. Default Re: UC Santa Barbra

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    While they had a good record, they finished 3rd in a conference in which the champion had a losing record. Again, you are quick to criticize. How do you suggest they do it? Let's throw out the scenario of them being able to see into the future.
    I don't know, how about west regional, south regional, east regional, etc,etc,etc isnt that what other sports do? also the defense of the system still doesn't explain how coastal was sent on the road. seems like they can use the system when it benefits them and not use it when it doesn't.

P.S. there seems to be too much "inside baseball" why not more transparency, reminds me of soccer coverage how the announcers seem to want to exclude certain "new fans" who they don't deem to be "true fans". open the books, get rid of inside baseball tactics, publish the rules more prominently for all to see well in advance other examples - some stadiums couldn't play songs, then some could, some have to give tickets to visitors in prime section others don't, inconsistencies with uniforms, dugouts, locker rooms, you need lights to host but team was only scheduled day games anyhow when on road, etc,etc,etc

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    I don't know, how about west regional, south regional, east regional, etc,etc,etc isnt that what other sports do? also the defense of the system still doesn't explain how coastal was sent on the road. seems like they can use the system when it benefits them and not use it when it doesn't.

P.S. there seems to be too much "inside baseball" why not more transparency, reminds me of soccer coverage how the announcers seem to want to exclude certain "new fans" who they don't deem to be "true fans". open the books, get rid of inside baseball tactics, publish the rules more prominently for all to see well in advance other examples - some stadiums couldn't play songs, then some could, some have to give tickets to visitors in prime section others don't, inconsistencies with uniforms, dugouts, locker rooms, you need lights to host but team was only scheduled day games anyhow when on road, etc,etc,etc
    You have to bid to host first off, they also look at travel. Baseball prigrams don't have football money, they try to keep as many teams on a bus as possible. We hosted as a 2 seed in 2000 and ECU traveled as a 1. Again, if you only look at the results and want to say they got it wrong then why even play? Just hand the 1 seed the trophy. Also consider the fact it's not like they even have a couple days to do this. Conference tourneys end and they announce host sites 3 hours later. If we got 1 quality start out of Evan or Wyatt the committee looks pretty damn smart. But we didn't get that so that somehow makes the committee idiots? Coastal was down 3 runs in the 9th of a game that had been rain delayed 3 times. If Nc state doesn't totally collapse, guess what? Committee looks like geniuses. It's not perfect, nothing is but it's settled on the field between 64 teams. They don't just name 2 or 4 teams and say. Hereonly you guys have a chance. Everybody else go play for consolation. Hindsight is always 20/20. As far as all the other stuff about songs etc. We don't have any balls so do you really Expect is to rock the boat? Imagine our host site with no lights with the weather we had.

15. Default Re: UC Santa Barbra

good points but I disagree, there would be far more outcry in hoops if no 1-8's went to final four. I am happy there is more parity, if that leads to more success for the sport that would be great if the other sports learn form that. but I doubt they will, I think it is more just bad seeding.(or purposeful seeding)

more transparency is needed. how about publishing the bid process and the past winning bids

or think outside the box, any time someone says "have to" that is an opportunity to take a look at it and see do we really "have to"

too much "inside baseball", although many seem to like that because they are in the know! a common theme in some of the other threads on here about rcaf/adminstration the rules seem to be rumors, look at the thread about no music or different music, then centerfield was played anyway. some teams get to use the locker rooms some don't? some designated road teams still wear home uniforms, tickets, etc,etc too many inconsistencies.

these are first steps I suppose before we get into seeding, etc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information