Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: UC Santa Barbra

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    good points but I disagree, there would be far more outcry in hoops if no 1-8's went to final four. I am happy there is more parity, if that leads to more success for the sport that would be great if the other sports learn form that. but I doubt they will, I think it is more just bad seeding.(or purposeful seeding)

more transparency is needed. how about publishing the bid process and the past winning bids

or think outside the box, any time someone says "have to" that is an opportunity to take a look at it and see do we really "have to"

too much "inside baseball", although many seem to like that because they are in the know! a common theme in some of the other threads on here about rcaf/adminstration the rules seem to be rumors, look at the thread about no music or different music, then centerfield was played anyway. some teams get to use the locker rooms some don't? some designated road teams still wear home uniforms, tickets, etc,etc too many inconsistencies.

these are first steps I suppose before we get into seeding, etc.
    Does basketball split 11.7 scholarships between 35 guys? Basketball tourney is all on neutral courts. It's a different game. Throw out a suggestion of a better way. The pitcher On our team selects the uniform. What does it matter if nick Lee likes gray? Places like Mississippi state have suites from past 3rd to past 1st. I'd say anything in Front of those are prime seats. You are all over the place with your points. Everyone plays music at the 7th inning stretch does it really matter what song it is? What does this have anything to do with seeding and hosting? I know you really want to prove that their is conspiracy at every turn but I can't think of one college sport that does it better than baseball.

Default Re: UC Santa Barbra

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Does basketball split 11.7 scholarships between 35 guys? Basketball tourney is all on neutral courts. It's a different game. Throw out a suggestion of a better way. The pitcher On our team selects the uniform. What does it matter if nick Lee likes gray? Places like Mississippi state have suites from past 3rd to past 1st. I'd say anything in Front of those are prime seats. You are all over the place with your points. Everyone plays music at the 7th inning stretch does it really matter what song it is? What does this have anything to do with seeding and hosting? I know you really want to prove that their is conspiracy at every turn but I can't think of one college sport that does it better than baseball.
    +1 well probably +10

3. Default Re: UC Santa Barbra

great points about baseball doing better than other sports, but still needs to improve if it wants to go to next level and get those same paydays transparency, consistency and equal application of all rules is still needed. how can anyone be against that?
    (isn't that the same thing you are demanding from the rcaf and farmer, lol)
    the specifics of each item is not the important piece, it is the publication and availability of the information. I guess you like "inside baseball" so be it.

great points about baseball doing better than other sports, but still needs to improve if it wants to go to next level and get those same paydays transparency, consistency and equal application of all rules is still needed. how can anyone be against that?
    the specifics of each item is not the important piece, it is the publication and availability of the information. I guess you like "inside baseball" so be it.
    You went from Arizona and coastal getting Screwed out of hosting to the color of teams uniforms. Gray is traditionally been road but it's not a rule. Home team picks and visitor responds, just like in every sport. This was when teams had only 2 uniforms. Now they all have 7. Exposure will grow the game not the color of uniforms, not walk out songs, not 7th inning stretch music selection.

5. Default Re: UC Santa Barbra

great!

Why, why, why, why, why would you want to go to the "next level"? IMO that is what is wrong with the "major" college sports now, TOO MUCH MONEY AND GREED!

We were able to host a regional because of the fairness of the rules now in baseball. It is not perfect, nothing is, nothing ever will be. But it is so much better than football or basketball.

Get those paydays out of college sports or lose those sports.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Why, why, why, why, why would you want to go to the "next level"? IMO that is what is wrong with the "major" college sports now, TOO MUCH MONEY AND GREED!

We were able to host a regional because of the fairness of the rules now in baseball. It is not perfect, nothing is, nothing ever will be. But it is so much better than football or basketball.

Get those paydays out of college sports or lose those sports.
    Yeah it's kinda ironic he wants baseball to grow and become exactly what he despises. More it grows, more money and we start getting left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Yeah it's kinda ironic he wants baseball to grow and become exactly what he despises. More it grows, more money and we start getting left behind.
    I'm just surprised something about ESPN or the SEC hasn't been worked into any of his comments on this thread yet.

9. Default Re: UC Santa Barbra

sorry to disappoint, I will try harder next time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information