Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 . LastLast

Thread: TIGUE UPDATE?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Ok I am not an administration apologist, and as Cajun fans we have accepted mediocrity for years. This is where I fall when it comes to the Farmer issue. Y'all say that he is not trying to get us in a better conference, that he has problem in the past with Lotief's, that he had lied to donors and turn down big money.

Let's look at the other side of the coin. UL has rebuilt the softball field, got us a new indoor practice facility, with a brand new athletic performance complex, and is rebuilding our baseball field, along with the Cajun Dome, and has added seats to Cajun Field, and is planning to rebuild the pressbox and a brand new upper deck.

He has done more with UL in the past 10 then UL has done in the past 30.
    No, this is a misnomer. I'll let some one else explain the details, but to the casual fan, I do understand that perception.

Default Re: TIGUE UPDATE?

Let's look at the other side of the coin. UL has rebuilt the softball field, got us a new indoor practice facility, with a brand new athletic performance complex, and is rebuilding our baseball field, along with the Cajun Dome, and has added seats to Cajun Field, and is planning to rebuild the pressbox and a brand new upper deck.
    I will give everyone credit for what has been accomplished (which is quite a lot) over the past 8-10 years. I think credit should be given where the credit is due.

However, if the finances involving the Baseball stadium turn out to be true (and I have a feeling they are) then I can't see the additional improvements planned for Cajun Field taking place anytime in the near future, if at all. If we are having trouble financing a 10-15 million dollar project, I'm not sure how UL plans on addressing a 50-60 million dollar project!

I hate to be negative, but I don't have a warm and fuzzy feeling right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Sorry Jack. I've been at this long enough to know that majority of Cajun fans fall on one side or the other: for Farmer or totally against. Almost all of the ppl that are worth their salt are rigidly against the man (just ask them). I agree that it's not the best way to operate, but I've met a lot of these "objective supporters" of Farmer over the years and not shockingly, there's almost always a connection to Farmer. Calling a spade a spade.
    And this is where I disagree with you. I think there are a lot of folks on here who just don't know anything. They have no 'connections,' so only hear that type of discussion when they read it here.

---They also don't want to condemn anyone without having first hand knowledge of something, or evidence from a credible, known, source.

---Yes, they probably also want to believe the best in folks, first.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I will give everyone credit for what has been accomplished (which is quite a lot) over the past 8-10 years. I think credit should be given where the credit is due.

However, if the finances involving the Baseball stadium turn out to be true (and I have a feeling they are) then I can't see the additional improvements planned for Cajun Field taking place anytime in the near future, if at all. If we are having trouble financing a 10-15 million dollar project, I'm not sure how UL plans on addressing a 50-60 million dollar project!

I hate to be negative, but I don't have a warm and fuzzy feeling right now.
    I agree too: I think this whole Tigue issue is about to prove a lot of things. If there are really issues with donors I will have been lied to directly by SF. I will then firmly be on 'fire the sob' side. While I surely have my concerns about everything at this point, I don't know for sure. Yet.

Ok I am not an administration apologist, and as Cajun fans we have accepted mediocrity for years. This is where I fall when it comes to the Farmer issue. Y'all say that he is not trying to get us in a better conference, that he has problem in the past with Lotief's, that he had lied to donors and turn down big money.

He has done more with UL in the past 10 then UL has done in the past 30.
    Just being objective, you think he did that? Every important aspect of our AD's job has been subcontracted to third parties by our president. Mike lotief, Mark hudspeth,Robe and the city of lafayetre are the main reasons those things have been done in spite of donors not caring for the man. The long time supporters of those programs made that happen They have been here long before Farmer and will be here long after. Hopefully.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Just being objective, you think he did that? Every important aspect of our AD's job has been subcontracted to third parties by our president. Mike lotief, Mark hudspeth,Robe and the city of lafayetre are the main reasons those things have been done in spite of donors not caring for the man. The long time supporters of those programs made that happen They have been here long before Farmer and will be here long after. Hopefully.
    Not to mention the 30 years past due for upgrades part

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajuns_fan View Post
    I agree too: I think this whole Tigue issue is about to prove a lot of things. If there are really issues with donors I will have been lied to directly by SF. I will then firmly be on 'fire the sob' side. While I surely have my concerns about everything at this point, I don't know for sure. Yet.
    I have been lied to directly to my face the last time we were suppose to get a new stadium. Exactly 2 weeks before the supposed start date. Yessir construction will start after the last out There weren't even drawings when he told me that.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Not to mention the 30 years past due for upgrades part
    Yes at some point soon, Cajun field will be a safety hazard that needs to be dealt with.

I think there are a lot of folks on here who just don't know anything. They have no 'connections,' so only hear that type of discussion when they read it here.

---They also don't want to condemn anyone without having first hand knowledge of something, or evidence from a credible, known, source.

---Yes, they probably also want to believe the best in folks, first.
    +1000

It will be built, but I have a question for you. Does that alleviate Farmer from everything that has been said on here concerning his missteps with the Tigue Moore field project? There was $3 million in the fund Friday before last, according a RCAF member that is in the top 10 giving at this university and is also donating money to the project. According to him and several other high giving members, Dr. Savoie was not aware that most of the commitments were still out and had not been collected as of yet and until a recent project meeting Farmer hadn't come clean with the actual amount in the fund. In addition to that, the largest donor giving money had nothing to do with Scott Farmer, nor did former players that made commitments. They gave because of Coach Robichaux and through the efforts of Gerald Hebert, Harris and Stefni Lotief. Out of that group I have not heard of one large donation that Scott Farmer has secured.

So as CrazyCajun has stated, they are securing funds through another avenue and it will be paid back by the donations raised and collected. But there are a number of people that have been told that most of the funds have been raised through email communications or face to face meetings with Farmer. During the regional, Dugas and Stewart told ESPN that the project would be started after the season, meaning College World Series. Across the college baseball world watched that broadcast and were shown the drawings. This project will get done, no thanks to Scott Farmer.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    It will be built, but I have a question for you. Does that alleviate Farmer from everything that has been said on here concerning his missteps with the Tigue Moore field project?There was $3 million in the fund Friday before last, according a RCAF member that is in the top 10 giving at this university and is also donating money to the project. According to him and several other high giving members, Dr. Savoie was not aware that most of the commitments were still out and had not been collected as of yet and until a recent project meeting Farmer hadn't come clean with the actual amount in the fund. In addition to that, the largest donor giving money had nothing to do with Scott Farmer, nor did former players that made commitments. They gave because of Coach Robichaux and through the efforts of Gerald Hebert, Harris and Stefni Lotief. Out of that group I have not heard of one large donation that Scott Farmer has secured.

So as CrazyCajun has stated, they are securing funds through another avenue and it will be paid back by the donations raised and collected. But there are a number of people that have been told that most of the funds have been raised through email communications or face to face meetings with Farmer. During the regional, Dugas and Stewart told ESPN that the project would be started after the season, meaning College World Series. Across the college baseball world heard that broadcast and were shown the drawings. This project will get done, no thanks to Scott Farmer.

---Yes, as I clearly said: if these things are proved, publicy, to be true then I will support the 'get rid of Farmer' movement. This would be because he flat out told me:

"On Jun 18, 2016, at 9:42 AM, Scott Farmer wrote:

No financing has fallen through. All pledges for the baseball project are up to date."

---But unless/until that is proven to be incorrect, I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

I'm not worried about this. If there is an issue, I am sure the legislative auditor will be happy to tell us

---Yes, as I clearly said: if these things are proved, publicy, to be true then I will support the 'get rid of Farmer' movement. This would be because he flat out told me:

No financing has fallen through. All pledges for the baseball project are up to date."

---But unless/until that is proven to be incorrect, I will give him the benefit of the doubt.
    In other words " I tried my very best to totally phk this up but unfortunately. As usual the good people at this university and the president have found a way to bail my dumbass out.again. I will continue to try to make this process as difficult and painful as possible. Gauephx Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Another words " I tried my very best to totally phk this up but unfortunately. As usual the good people at this university and the president have found a way to bail my dumbass out.again. I will continue to try to make this process as difficult and painful as possible. Gauephx Cajuns
    Good lordyou just went yard

I'm not certain how it's going to be proven to you or anyone else. I certainly don't expect Coach Robichaux to come out and say anything negative about Farmer, or blame him for anything. I don't see Dr. Savoie coming out and making any kind of public statement on financing this project through another avenue, that would be political suicide in this climate. So once again, someone has to come behind and clean up Farmer's poop trail, and there will be no public record of it. But if you want proof of Farmer's fundraising efforts, read the Alden report and which individual is given the credit for raising over $75 million for this athletic department. You will not find Farmer's name, but that is the #1 responsibility for a athletic director.

Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 . LastLast

Thread Information