Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 . LastLast

Thread: TIGUE UPDATE?

1. Default Re: TIGUE UPDATE?

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    FWIW I was at the print shop today at noon and saw two sets of plans marked Volume I and Volume II for Bernhard Mechanical. Don't know what it means just FWIW.
    ---Took a ride past and saw a machine kind of digging around some I think recently pour concrete underground stuff

Saw 2 workers moving barricades by the Lem. office!!------BTW VOL I is for the work now being done and the VOL II for their next electrical job---obviously kidding but sure hope you can keep us informed as you did for the Dorms and APC!!!!! TAHNKS!!!

Default Re: TIGUE UPDATE?

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajuns_fan View Post
    Based on the comments that J1M said he heard this weekend, that 1) there are still engineering issues to be worked out for the job, and 2) there is still discussion about the cost of the project -vs- the budget, couldn't these be the reasons why the NTP has not issued yet?

That would square with the two most important things that SF told me in his email: 1) that there are 'various reasons' that we are ~1 week behind, and 2) that there all donors are 'up to date."

Maybe the cost is the 'financial' reason behind the delay, as well as the engineering issues?

Don't shoot me.I'm just asking, lol. Just trying to get a handle on the different things people have heard.
    my money is on this.

Based on the comments that J1M said he heard this weekend, that 1) there are still engineering issues to be worked out for the job, and 2) there is still discussion about the cost of the project -vs- the budget, couldn't these be the reasons why the NTP has not issued yet?

That would square with the two most important things that SF told me in his email: 1) that there are 'various reasons' that we are ~1 week behind, and 2) that there all donors are 'up to date."

Maybe the cost is the 'financial' reason behind the delay, as well as the engineering issues?

Don't shoot me.I'm just asking, lol. Just trying to get a handle on the different things people have heard.
    don't forget this project was already pushed back 3 weeks at robes request. So these various issues has plenty of time to be worked out or have been known. If it were the normal issues that come up with every project. If it was normal, the people that are concerned with not having an NTP signed wouldn't be nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunologist View Post
    my money is on this.
    How much $?

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    How much $?
    Minus $2 million.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    don't forget this project was already pushed back 3 weeks at robes request. So these various issues has plenty of time to be worked out or have been known. If it were the normal issues that come up with every project. If it was normal, the people that are concerned with not having an NTP signed wouldn't be nervous.
    I don't understand: even though the project was alread delayed 3 weeks, do you disagree with what J1M heard that there still unresolved engineering issues that are causing further delay? And that the financial reasons could not be the containing issue of trying to tie down the final costs of the project?

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I don't understand: even though the project was alread delayed 3 weeks, do you disagree with what J1M heard that there still unresolved engineering issues that are causing further delay? And that the financial reasons could not be the containing issue of trying to tie down the final costs of the project?
    But what I said was also an unsubstantiated rumor. by definition on this site. Why is my post taken as believable and others not? Is it because mine kicks a few less people in the nutsack? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    But what I said was also an unsubstantiated rumor. by definition on this site. Why is my post taken as believable and others not? Is it because mine kicks a few less people in the nutsack? LOL
    I don't give your posts anymore credit than the othersexcept I happened to notice that what you heard tied into what I heard. And that both of them would explain other parts of the mystery.

If they really had the majority of money in hand as they claimed. When I say they. Scott Farmer and the administration said this to a group of people., then there would be no issues. If you have that money those issues can be solved along the way. If all you have is the money to demo it and no money to build anything after, I'd say that's a little bit more than an issue. I'm not speaking hypothetically here. I do think this thing will end up getting done but on what time line? Do you want this group to play all their home games on the road? At fabaucher? At what cost? Will their lying cause them to take money that was for something else and force them to use it here? You think these engineering issues popped up last Monday?

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I don't give your posts anymore credit than the othersexcept I happened to notice that what you heard tied into what I heard. And that both of them would explain other parts of the mystery.
    What?! My posts don't have more gravity than others? Did you notice all of my green dots?!

11. Default Re: TIGUE UPDATE?

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    What?! My posts don't have more gravity than others? Did you notice all of my green dots?!
    ----Calling Helmut----When the value of the leftovers after tearing down is figured---isn't the out of pocket cost cut down considerably??? Have no Idea!!!

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunologist View Post
    You and your name calling. lol You must have been beat up as a kid.
    Another witty burn from Cajun Apologist

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    To be fair it was more than just this Tigue thread. Several old threads were being bumped, and several cryptic threads were being started. It pretty much took over the site for days. There was a lot of folks having no clue what was going on and just wanted to chat lightly about sports. Not saying what M.A.T and C4L were doing by bringing all this to light was wrong, because it's not.but when they ask questions or wanted more info, they were called Farmer supporters and lovers. In my opinion that's not a good way to debate or discuss this.this probably annoyed some posters as well. I just stayed off for a few days, but that's just me.
    Sorry Jack. I've been at this long enough to know that majority of Cajun fans fall on one side or the other: for Farmer or totally against. Almost all of the ppl that are worth their salt are rigidly against the man (just ask them). I agree that it's not the best way to operate, but I've met a lot of these "objective supporters" of Farmer over the years and not shockingly, there's almost always a connection to Farmer. Calling a spade a spade.

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Smoking out the loose lips. All they want is a source, not more details, they want names. When they get names, loose lips are sealed.
    This 100000x

Most of these people are trying to catch the mole. Don't care who believes it. It's the damn truth.

Ok I am not an administration apologist, and as Cajun fans we have accepted mediocrity for years. This is where I fall when it comes to the Farmer issue. Y'all say that he is not trying to get us in a better conference, that he has problem in the past with Lotief's, that he had lied to donors and turn down big money.

Let's look at the other side of the coin. UL has rebuilt the softball field, got us a new indoor practice facility, with a brand new athletic performance complex, and is rebuilding our baseball field, along with the Cajun Dome, and has added seats to Cajun Field, and is planning to rebuild the pressbox and a brand new upper deck.

He has done more with UL in the past 10 then UL has done in the past 30.

Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 . LastLast

Thread Information