Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 . LastLast

Thread: TIGUE UPDATE?

Default Re: TIGUE UPDATE?

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    I understand, but in your previous post you said "the hold up" was regarding the language for this particular donor's $250,000 donation. The post seemed to be regarding an email where Robe was talking about the project and what the hold up is. It didn't mention that there was only 3 million collected.
    He was speaking specifically to the rumored $2 million donation and why its was revoked, not the entire project.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Here is clarification I received from someone involved with the baseball program in an email this afternoon. I won't post the entire email, but the comments are from Coach Robichaux concerning the rumored donor and the cost of the entire project.

"The original budget for the project was $10 million, bricking the outside added an additional $3 million. Now budget looks to be $16-17 million."

" On the donor, gift was never $2 million, it was and is $250,000.The hold up has nothing to do with the separation of the RCAF from the UL Foundation. The hold up is the wording of the agreement. The current agreement calls for the money to go to RCAF if the baseball stadium does not get built. He is asking for, and getting, that it be specified that if the stadium does not get built the money goes to the baseball program. He is giving the money because of Coach Robe, not because of RCAF."

So it's been cleared up for all and the source spoke directly to Coach Robichaux today! As for Scott Farmer's press conference, nothing new on the timing.
    Did the "someone involved with the baseball program" have any doubts about the renovations moving forward? I would assume Robe and the donor have doubts if both are pushing for wording in the agreement to be changed, otherwise, should be a non-issue if the stadium will built as we all have been "promised".

Initial rumor was 2 million being pulled because of lack of separation. Coach Robe is simply clarifying the situation. No. was a lot less than 2 million and separation is not really the issue here.

He was speaking specifically to the rumored $2 million donation and why its was revoked, not the entire project.
    Got you, the word usage ("hold up") had me confused.

So the actual hold up is the lack of funds collected from pledged donors

Quote Originally Posted by CajunsWin View Post
    Did the "someone involved with the baseball program" have any doubts about the renovations moving forward? I would assume Robe and the donor have doubts if both are pushing for wording in the agreement to be changed, otherwise, should be a non-issue if the stadium will built as we all have been "promised".
    If he did, he didn't share it with me. It's unlikely Coach Robichaux is going to discuss it openly, but I'm still hearing the project will be completed. Of course no time table was shared.

Here is clarification I received from someone involved with the baseball program in an email this afternoon. I won't post the entire email, but the comments are from Coach Robichaux concerning the rumored donor and the cost of the entire project.

"The original budget for the project was $10 million, bricking the outside added an additional $3 million. Now budget looks to be $16-17 million."

" On the donor, gift was never $2 million, it was and is $250,000.The hold up has nothing to do with the separation of the RCAF from the UL Foundation. The hold up is the wording of the agreement. The current agreement calls for the money to go to RCAF if the baseball stadium does not get built. He is asking for, and getting, that it be specified that if the stadium does not get built the money goes to the baseball program. He is giving the money because of Coach Robe, not because of RCAF."

So it's been cleared up for all and the source spoke directly to Coach Robichaux today! As for Scott Farmer's press conference, nothing new on the timing.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

FWIW: I drove around the Tigue at around 2pm today. All the fencing around Lourdes Park is down. There were about 6-8 guys working on the electrical stuffcould've been more that I didn't see.

The most interesting thing to me is that there is now a tall construction fence blocking off Reinhardt Dr. It starts right before the ticket booth, going to the big oak across the street from the booth. In other words, everything from, and including the ticket booth (Cajun courts, the IPF/APC and the Cox building) is no longer accessible from Reinhardt.

Seems to me that this is pretty drastic, and they would not have done it if they felt there were any chance whatsoever that the full project would not be about ready to start.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajuns_fan View Post
    FWIW: I drove around the Tigue at around 2pm today. All the fencing around Lourdes Park is down. There were about 6-8 guys working on the electrical stuffcould've been more that I didn't see.

The most interesting thing to me is that there is now a tall construction fence blocking off Reinhardt Dr. It starts right before the ticket booth, going to the big oak across the street from the booth. In other words, everything from, and including the ticket booth (Cajun courts, the IPF/APC and the Cox building) is no longer accessible from Reinhardt.

Seems to me that this is pretty drastic, and they would not have done this if they felt there were any chance whatsoever that the full project would not be about ready to start.
    I am certainly happy to see the fence go up but there are kids camps going on at Cajun field and the tigueregardless of what is actually going on but Fir liability wise this should have been done when the first machine was fired up and electric work.

Plan B

So, the recent meetings allegedly held among the board and TJoe were in fact about money, but not about the donation that was being pulled? I assume they were meeting to discuss the increased cost? Would these things not have been ironed out well in advance of starting this project? Did we decide while the supers were being played that we wanted to add things to the project? Something doesn't add up.

Also,if what BJ is saying is true, there sure was a lot of misinformation put on this forum.

You guys are confusing AF.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I am certainly happy to see the fence go up but there are kids camps going on at Cajun field and the tigueregardless of what is actually going on but Fir liability wise this should have been done when the first machine was fired up and electric work.
    Well, everything done so far (tearing up the parking lot and kiosk, demo work on the Lourdes park) was blocked off before/during the work.so there wasn't a liability issue so far.

This new fencing would only be needed if the next, big part of the project (tearing down the grandstand, constructing a new one, etc.) was starting.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunStros View Post
    Also,if what BJ is saying is true, there sure was a lot of misinformation put on this forum.
    Yep.

Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 . LastLast

Thread Information