Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 . LastLast

Thread: TIGUE UPDATE?

Default Re: TIGUE UPDATE?

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajuns_fan View Post
    I've asked this question too: a temp tax, with a clear and definite timeframe, and only taxing hotel/tourist, seems to me a great solution. The case for non-fans can be made on the huge impact on revenue sports has. We get a LOT of what is needed this way.with non-locals footing the bill.
    During the press conference to reveal the facilities plan, I asked Dr. Savoie and Joey Dural of the possibility of a temporary hotel/motel tax, both said at the time it was something that could be done in the near future. I've been told recently by my local representative that is has no chance of happening now with the state and city budget problems.

Add a student fee to that hotel/motel sports tax and we could generate millions a year for athletics

3. Default Re: TIGUE UPDATE?

Students aren't placing a fee on themselves. They may pass one for future students

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    ok.so the obvious question is why did they start construction if their 14 mil short? Dont get me wrong, im happy the reno started but being that short has got to create some serious anxiety and uncertainty for Tony at a time when he needs to be focused on building a team.
    They could "undo" what they've done in 3-4 daysif it's going to happen these are things that need to be done anyway. What they have done in a week and a half would have been done in 2 days if that NTP was signed.

Whether the cost is $17 million or $21 million, if they only have $3 million, I can't imagine anybody in their right mind would issue a NTP. I don't even know of the the State or the UL system would allow this to happen.

Unless the NTP is ONLY for a smaller ($3 million worth) phase of the entire project.

IMHO, this would be pretty irresponsible.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Whether the cost is $17 million or $21 million, if they only have $3 million, I can't imagine anybody in their right mind would issue a NTP. I don't even know of the the State or the UL system would allow this to happen.

Unless the NTP is ONLY for a smaller ($3 million worth) phase of the entire project.

I totally agree The reason we only have 3 million is the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post

I have always wondered about the funding for this project. It always looked suspect to me. I also wonder if design fees were included in the $3 million. Architects and engineers don't work for nothing. It sure would be nice to see an audit.

When are we going to hear an update from SF?

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    He certainly does but he doesn't have the time HUD had. He needs his stadium to play in.
    Fabacher Field will be rocking Feb-2017. Geaux Cajuns!

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    When his underground bunker is complete

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    Since he had told me via email that we'd hear something this week, I just asked him that very same question. Stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajuns_fan View Post
    Since he had told me via email that we'd hear something this week, I just asked him that very same question. Stay tuned.
    Here is clarification I received from someone involved with the baseball program in an email this afternoon. I won't post the entire email, but the comments are from Coach Robichaux concerning the rumored donor and the cost of the entire project.

"The original budget for the project was $10 million, bricking the outside added an additional $3 million. Now budget looks to be $16-17 million."

" On the donor, gift was never $2 million, it was and is $250,000.The hold up has nothing to do with the separation of the RCAF from the UL Foundation. The hold up is the wording of the agreement. The current agreement calls for the money to go to RCAF if the baseball stadium does not get built. He is asking for, and getting, that it be specified that if the stadium does not get built the money goes to the baseball program. He is giving the money because of Coach Robe, not because of RCAF."

So it's been cleared up for all and the source spoke directly to Coach Robichaux today! As for Scott Farmer's press conference, nothing new on the timing.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Here is clarification I received from someone involved with the baseball program in an email this afternoon. I won't post the entire email, but the comments are from Coach Robichaux concerning the rumored donor and the cost of the entire project.

"The original budget for the project was $10 million, bricking the outside added an additional $3 million. Now budget looks to be $16-17 million."

" On the donor, gift was never $2 million, it was and is $250,000.The hold up has nothing to do with the separation of the RCAF from the UL Foundation. The hold up is the wording of the agreement. The current agreement calls for the money to go to RCAF if the baseball stadium does not get built. He is asking for, and getting, that it be specified that if the stadium does not get built the money goes to the baseball program. He is giving the money because of Coach Robe, not because of RCAF."

So it's been cleared up for all and the source spoke directly to Coach Robichaux today! As for Scott Farmer's press conference, nothing new on the timing.
    Okay, so the whole project is held up over $250,000?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post

Thanks Brian. Based on the new info, I would suppose the $21M number was based on the projected $4M number estimated for the new clubhouse?

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Okay, so the whole project is held up over $250,000?
    And why we worried about wording of it not getting built?

Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 . LastLast

Thread Information