Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 . LastLast

Thread: TIGUE UPDATE?

1. Default Re: TIGUE UPDATE?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    I wouldn't say he's inept. Incompetent at times (ie. failing to secure our 3rd tier rights), yes. But he is good at what he is here for, keeping the status quo and feed everyone else bs to keep the boat from rocking. It's evident by the number of people that come to his aid that he was better than the best used car salesmen.

But we are Ragin Cajuns not Troy or La Tech. We don't need a used car salesmen to feed us BS. There is a huge and loyal fan base that need someone with vision. Someone with Elon Musk qualities that can take on the system. We want someone to make us a Tesla. Not someone that's gonna repackage us as a Kia and try to sell us as a cheaper BMW alternative.
    BOOM

Default Re: TIGUE UPDATE?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    keeping the status quo and feed everyone else bs to keep the boat from rocking.
    what boat? who is it that we're kowtowing to?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    17 million we are just 14 mill short
    But we need $21M for everything that Robe wanted to actually do. But, yes $14M short as of what was approved.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    But we need $21M for everything that Robe wanted to actually do. But, yes $14M short as of what was approved.
    Does Robe have it in him to do what Hud did when the APC was slashed and gashed? Because if not, he better be ready to have this thing look nothing like what he envisioned.

5. Default Re: TIGUE UPDATE?

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Does Robe have it in him to do what Hud did when the APC was slashed and gashed? Because if not, he better be ready to have this thing look nothing like what he envisioned.
    I'd be much more scared of Tony Robichaux then Mark Hudspeth.

6. Default Re: TIGUE UPDATE?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    ---Speaking of needing a salesperson----I thought the taxing plan for the airport worked our great as it started and stopped when it was suppose to---If we could kick in the remaining athletic parts with a temp tax it would be great----Get the Baseball, FB, and start on the Cajun business/residential sites going---BTW anybody know the amount that the airport got???

He certainly does but he doesn't have the time HUD had. He needs his stadium to play in.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    He certainly does but he doesn't have the time HUD had. He needs his stadium to play in.
    That's what scares me.

9. Default Re: TIGUE UPDATE?

What? You mean not let anyone in?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I'd be much more scared of Tony Robichaux then Mark Hudspeth.
    This.

ok.so the obvious question is why did they start construction if their 14 mil short? Dont get me wrong, im happy the reno started but being that short has got to create some serious anxiety and uncertainty for Tony at a time when he needs to be focused on building a team.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    ok.so the obvious question is why did they start construction if their 14 mil short? Dont get me wrong, im happy the reno started but being that short has got to create some serious anxiety and uncertainty for Tony at a time when he needs to be focused on building a team.
    That's what we have an AD, and an RCAF fundraiser for. Or.that's what we should have them for.

You can pay for it other ways such as a state loan or bonds Just sucks we have to do it that way

There is always preliminary work that can started before you get final approval before getting a NTP. Sort of like dirt work or tearing down fencing or old sheds before you start building a house.

Once all of the final plans have been submitted and approved then I would expect them to start the actual demo work.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---Speaking of needing a salesperson----I thought the taxing plan for the airport worked our great as it started and stopped when it was suppose to---If we could kick in the remaining athletic parts with a temp tax it would be great----Get the Baseball, FB, and start on the Cajun business/residential sites going---BTW anybody know the amount that the airport got???
    I've asked this question too: a temp tax, with a clear and definite timeframe, and only taxing hotel/tourist, seems to me a great solution. The case for non-fans can be made on the huge impact on revenue sports has. We get a LOT of what is needed this way.with non-locals footing the bill.

Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 . LastLast

Thread Information