Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: COASTAL

1. Default Re: COASTAL

137 pitches. I get it if the kid had no pro career in the balance. Robes become a better and better shepherd of the young men he's been given by the Lord.

Default Re: COASTAL

This whole pitch count thing has gotten completely out of hand. Guys used to throw 120-130 all the time.with WAY less arm injuries.

With proper rest before and after an outing, I would be seriously disappointed if we didn't throw a guy like that with a national title on the line.

Go ahead and read me the riot act, but there are MANY instances of teams winning CWS series titles using their ace as much as he can possibly go. And many of those guys went on to have very successful professional careers.

You can't watch or listen to a game these days without being inundated with a guys pitch count. And anyone would have an extremely hard time arguing that pitchers arm injuries aren't at an all time high.

Again, proper rest before and after the outing are key. I am completely disgusted by the coaches that run guys out there without proper rest, but the difference between 105-110 pitches and 125-130 is close to nil.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    This whole pitch count thing has gotten completely out of hand. Guys used to throw 120-130 all the time.with WAY less arm injuries.

With proper rest before and after an outing, I would be seriously disappointed if we didn't throw a guy like that with a national title on the line.

Go ahead and read me the riot act, but there are MANY instances of teams winning CWS series titles using their ace as much as he can possibly go. And many of those guys went on to have very successful professional careers.

You can't watch or listen to a game these days without being inundated with a guys pitch count. And anyone would have an extremely hard time arguing that pitchers arm injuries aren't at an all time high.

Again, proper rest before and after the outing are key. I am completely disgusted by the coaches that run guys out there without proper rest, but the difference between 105-110 pitches and 125-130 is close to nil.
    I completely agree plus. because of this kid's arm slot (or multiple slots) coming from the side as well as almost submarine, that is putting much less pressure on his shoulder. Same reason girls can throw hundreds of pitches in a softball weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Can you see Robe pitching a drafted kid 120 plus pitches.
    .if the kid can handle it I don't see an issue. We have had the fortune over past few years to NOT really have to push pitch counts due to depth. In the past we have let kids get to the 110-120 pitch mark.not often , but it has happen

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Guys, please don't use good logic to exonerate coaches from over-throwing arms. I want to use that ticket to bad mouth teams/coaches I don't like. and I can't have you ruining that with good logic.

Coastal up 7- 1 top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    These boys can ball.

7-3 CC
    Paez is their BT. He is good good.

8. Default Re: COASTAL

CC really racking up recruiting mojo.

WowChants to play for the Championship.

How about that.

Ha, no ranked team was left. Good for CC. TCU outfielders really stunk .

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Championship, the best 2 out of 3 or 1 game for all the marbles??

Z

13. Default Re: COASTAL

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    How about that.
    ---I was glad to hear the coach say that they messed up on the bases---could have scored some more---Deep hit ball---damn if you tag or go half way!!! lol

2 of 3

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Championship, the best 2 out of 3 or 1 game for all the marbles??

Z
    2 out of 3

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information