Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: COASTAL

1. Default Re: COASTAL

Fair point, i guess it comes down to philosopy, is seeding a summary of the past or a prediction of future, so i dont know which is best. But it is clear that rpi is silly, and is a self licking ice cream cone.howeverback to your questionyes.if we were number one and lost, i honestly dont think we would ever be given that chance again.

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    Fair point, i guess it comes down to philosopy, is seeding a summary of the past or a prediction of future, so i dont know which is best. But it is clear that rpi is silly, and is a self licking ice cream cone.howeverback to your questionyes.if we were number one and lost, i honestly dont think we would ever be given that chance again.
    You are seeded by what you have done, as it should be. The RPI is a mathematical formula that everyone can see. You think we should let humans do it? Because we know how that will turn out. I didn't ask if you thought we would ever get it againIf we were rewarded the number one seed but lost in Omaha would you be calling for the committee to change their procedure because we didn't win it all?Rpi and seeding is simply a starting point, you still have to go out there and do it.

3. Default Re: COASTAL

Cool, but humans are still doing it. And yes, they would change, but they dont aleays even stick to their own processEven with rpi, coastal was 12 th but didnt host. Look at basketball the big boys didnt get what they needed out of rpi so they went to bpi to help their cause. Ridiculous

Cool, but humans are still doing it. And yes, they would change, but they dont aleays even stick to their own processEven with rpi, coastal was 12 th but didnt host. Look at basketball the big boys didnt get what they needed out of rpi so they went to bpi to help their cause. Ridiculous
    Their stupid formula got us a host because if it was humans we don't sniff a host spot. At least the rankings aren't hiding in a room somewhere. The RPI is a formula that everyone can see, schedule for and manipulate the way they choose. It's not perfect but about as close as you can get, or we could go back to when SEC teams didn't have to leave their own ballpark except for conference games. Humans picked the host sites. Not the RPI.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: COASTAL

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Their stupid formula got us a host because if it was humans we don't sniff a host spot. At least the rankings aren't hiding in a room somewhere. The RPI is a formula that everyone can see, schedule for and manipulate the way they choose. It's not perfect but about as close as you can get, or we could go back to when SEC teams didn't have to leave their own ballpark except for conference games. Humans picked the host sites. Not the RPI.
    It's about as fair as it's going to get. Baseball has a lot of parity up and down the ladder. Once you get into super regionals and beyond, everyone has the assets. This CWS is not doing anything but proving that case.

6. Default Re: COASTAL

Right now Florida losing to TT 2/0. IMO a Gator loss puts Coastal in a very enviable position. Yes they still get TCU tonight but I'm thinking they might have a real shot at bringing home a national title. That's good for the SBC and UL.

7. Default Re: COASTAL

Will sunbelt get the credit if they arent here yet? They never mentioned sunbelt when denver won hockey while in sunbelt

8. Default Re: COASTAL

No, but the team would carry the credit. It's a good thing to have.

Florida threatening to get back in game runners at first and second no outs. Batter just moved them to second and third and one out.

Will sunbelt get the credit if they arent here yet? They never mentioned sunbelt when denver won hockey while in sunbelt
    They would be called the defending national champion all year next year while playing in the SBC. A lot of ball left. A LOT.

10. Default Re: COASTAL

Fla down to their last three outs.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    They would be called the defending national champion all year next year while playing in the SBC. A lot of ball left. A LOT.
    CC has as much left as anyone. I'm thinking the Gators had enough pitching to knock them out, but can't crack red raiders pitching today

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    CC has as much left as anyone. I'm thinking the Gators had enough pitching to knock them out, but can't crack red raiders pitching today
    So does TCU and this is their 3rd straight trip to Omaha. They will not be an easy out. I'm not saying they can't but there is a lot of ball left. Whoever wins between them will be in the driver seat.1 win don't put you in that seat IMO.

Default Re: COASTAL

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Fl 2 run jack. Bottom 9th. No one out. 3-2 TT

14. Default Re: COASTAL

Unless it backfires and the pundits say they were national champs last year, but now get swept by sunbelt teams in the new tigue, how did they fall so fast? A warning for others to not join, lol

Unless it backfires and the pundits say they were national champs last year, but now get swept by sunbelt teams in the new tigue, how did they fall so fast? A warning for others to not join, lol
    They would still be defending national champs in the SBC

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information