Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Zona

1. Default Zona

Good luckup 3-0 in 3rd

Default Re: Zona

I am pulling for Arizona to win it all.

While it won't ease the sting of losing to them, it does not sound that bad to say we were eliminated by the national champions in both softball (Oklahoma) and baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post

While it won't ease the sting of losing to them, it does not sound that bad to say we were eliminated by the national champions in both softball (Oklahoma) and baseball.
    Can we claim 2nd place?

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post

I agree it won't ease the sting but hopefully it shows the returning guys what is possible when you play together and you are a gritty team.

5-1 Zona.could be 6-1 if they ran the bases a little faster.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    5-1 Zona.could be 6-1 if they ran the bases a little faster.
    Miami base hit in any game.2nd baseman behind 2nd basedouble play
    We had a few like that

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Miami base hit in any game.2nd baseman behind 2nd basedouble play
    We had a few like that
    Matijevic still looks like a running back!!!

Arizona wins 5 to 1

Like I said Arizona has some athletes they will go into the finals.

10. UL Baseball Arizona, Oklahoma State Get Wins at CWS

Outstanding pitching was the story in day one of the College World Series at T. D. Ameritrade Park in Omaha NE Saturday.

Oklahoma State's Thomas Hatch outdueled UC Santa Barbara's Shane Bieber as the Cowboys edged the Gauchos 1-0, and Arizona's Nathan Bannister handcuffed Miami in the nightcap as the Wildcats defeated the Hurricanes 5-1.

Oh what could have been. I know I know but that is how I am going to view it

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    Oh what could have been. I know I know but that is how I am going to view it
    I underestimated Arizona when we played them in that first game in the regionals. When we lost the two straight to them, I thought it proved something about the limits of our team this year. Once they beat Miss State, at State in the supers. and seeing them play Miami. I decided we were simply up against a much better program "too early" in the postseason. Much like our softball team, having to face Oklahoma in the supers probably made us appear to not be WCWS material. Simply not true.

I don't care how others see it. but for me. there's a lot to be said when the team that took you out early makes such powerful showings against the expected cream of the crop deep into the post. I let coaches and players say that there aren't "good losses". As a fan, there certainly are. Just like playing a P5 in football and giving them a close game, even if it's a loss, is infinitely better to me than getting stomped and thoroughly dominated.

13. Default Re: Zona

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I underestimated Arizona when we played them in that first game in the regionals. When we lost the two straight to them, I thought it proved something about the limits of our team this year. Once they beat Miss State, at State in the supers. and seeing them play Miami. I decided we were simply up against a much better program "too early" in the postseason. Much like our softball team, having to face Oklahoma in the supers probably made us appear to not be WCWS material. Simply not true.

I don't care how others see it. but for me. there's a lot to be said when the team that took you out early makes such powerful showings against the expected cream of the crop deep into the post. I let coaches and players say that there aren't "good losses". As a fan, there certainly are. Just like playing a P5 in football and giving them a close game, even if it's a loss, is infinitely better to me than getting stomped and thoroughly dominated.
    Hear Here!

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post

Agree 100% No "good" losses but I would rather see the team that we handled in one game and then contended with for two others, win it all. Seeing Arizona beating SEC and ACC teams gives an idea of where the 2016 Cajuns were in relation.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Matijevic still looks like a running back!!!
    You should see his father. I had the chance to talk to him a little while. Great guy, down to earth, and very complimentary of our program and fans. He's built like a brick house as he's a firefighter in the Pittsburgh area. Said his son was the first player from the state of Pennsylvania to receive a baseball scholarship to Arizona since Terry Francona. He also stated that his son told him that he wish he would have visited the south before committing out west. Said he loved our atmosphere!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information