Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Zona

Default Re: Zona

Bannister had to leave the OSU game after 2-2/3 IP due to elbow pain. Hope it's nothing too serious. That guy is a workhorse and as we know was used too much at the Tigue.

2. Default Re: Zona

See my post on CC overuse of their ace. Worked out for them. Let's see if it works out for his career

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    See my post on CC overuse of their ace. Worked out for them. Let's see if it works out for his career
    Bannister had 5 starts and threw 449 pitches just in the postseason after logging most innings in all of D1. That's a whole different kinda overuse than letting a guy go 137 pitches in 1 game.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Bannister had 5 starts and threw 449 pitches just in the postseason after logging most innings in all of D1. That's a whole different kinda overuse than letting a guy go 137 pitches in 1 game.
    To add to that, his 137 weren't in "tight" situations.dude was in a rocking chair. My point is hew was pitching loose.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    No doubt.137 is a lot. Not the same caliber as Bannister, IMO.

Bingo

Just dreaming here, but how crazy would it be if we were in Zona's shoes and had a chance to face off with Coastal for the National Championship?! Our first series prior to conference play would be for all the marbles!

8. Default Re: Zona

Yeah, that's a nice fantasy.

Post season baseball will create many fantasies. I have been thinking for a while about if the team that knocked us out of playoffs meets the team that knocked out LSU, in the national championship finals. Who do you root for? Dam it could have been us.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunPride View Post
    Post season baseball will create many fantasies. I have been thinking for a while about if the team that knocked us out of playoffs meets the team that knocked out LSU, in the national championship finals. Who do you root for? Dam it could have been us.
    I debated this in my head, I wanted Arizona to win because we lost to Arizona, but if you think about it how often does a mid-major that is joining the Sunbelt ever make it to the National Championship game? It has never been done in Sunbelt history. Got to Geaux for Coastal! Bring home the Nationa Title!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    I debated this in my head, I wanted Arizona to win because we lost to Arizona, but if you think about it how often does a mid-major that is joining the Sunbelt ever make it to the National Championship game? It has never been done in Sunbelt history. Got to Geaux for Coastal! Bring home the Nationa Title!
    No brainer for me, gotta pull for coastal

same here

13. Default Re: Zona

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    same here
    ---I guess I have seen Zona play so much on TV and in person that I have developed a kind of respect/love for them----to think of our handling them the first time we played and coulda/shoulda in the last 2 games gives us natural bragging rights ----and, as has been pointed out, CC is a part of us now----I choose to pull for both and add the talking points for both---but what about TCU??? lol

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I'm ok with Zona winning. and I can see why we root for CC. We can identify with how it must be to be CC right now. I want that back for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I'm ok with Zona winning. and I can see why we root for CC. We can identify with how it must be to be CC right now. I want that back for us.
    It's crazy how much coastal Carolina and our programs mirror each other. Their coach has been their for 20 years. Turned down other offers because he loves it there. Great community etc.their team is almost a replica of the 2014 team. Lead the country in home runs but will lay down the squeeze. They play fearless and relentless. They never stop coming after you no matter the score. That's the edge we lost with Deggs that I hope we find in the offseason. Talbot is probably a better technical coach than deggs and they teach the same systemit's the mindset. That said I'd like to see Arizona and coastal in the finals and coastal win it all.will give our league that much more respect when they join.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information