Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Building of Russo Park at Louisiana

Default Re: Cajundome 'a giant mess' as renovations continue

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Why won't KLFY do the same news report on the progress of the Tigue?
    What progress?

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    What progress?
    Maybe the progress that Robe talked about during his interview this week? Maybe when it's more than just electrical and foundation work, and the demo starts in about ~2 weeks (as per Robe), we will see more?

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajuns_fan View Post
    Maybe the progress that Robe talked about during his interview this week? Maybe when it's more than just electrical and foundation work, and the demo starts in about ~2 weeks (as per Robe), we will see more?
    Go pass by the old academy on johnston and you will see what lemoine looks like when they have their money in hand...they started Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Go pass by the old academy on johnston and you will see what lemoine looks like when they have their money in hand...they started Tuesday.
    Won't we see that at the Tigue, in about two weeks, after the foundation/electrical work is completed, like Robe just said? I'm sorry, I listened to his interview a couple of times and his words just do not match what I'm hearing here.....and I don't think he would have lied to us to the degree needed if things were as nearly as bleak as some are saying. What am I missing here?
    Not saying that there weren't some real blunders done, and I agree that we need to both push for full information and hold everyone who has erred to be held accountable.

5. Default Re: Cajundome 'a giant mess' as renovations continue

The old Woolco, Wal Mart, Mr. Gatti's Academy?

Funny you say that. I go by the Tigue this afternoon around 4:30 and nothing going on. Drove past the location you talk about and they are going at it. Makes you wonder what the difference is between the two? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The old Woolco, Wal Mart, Mr. Gatti's Academy?
    yep....that part of the strip mall is coming down.

The demolition permit for the old Academy was approved on 6/27/16 or about two weeks ago. I know they have been working there for about three weeks. You can't just move on to a site and start demolition especially when there are active water, sewer, gas telephone and electric lines on site and connected to the structure. So I don't think we can say that they would have started demolition at the baseball stadium any sooner than about three weeks after the last game. It is my understanding that they had to move a major electric line and load distribution equipment prior to demolition. Granted, I think we all can agree that there appears to be problems with the administration of the contract and financing but I don't think anybody here can say how far the project is behind schedule without actually seeing the schedule. Not only that, without knowing what the length of the critical path is it's hard to say how far the job will extend into next spring.

I think a few questions need to be answered.

Has a notice to proceed been issued? yes/no.
    What is the contract time in calendar days?
    What is the length of the critical path in calendar days?
    Is there an up charge for running double shifts?
    Have equipment or materials on the critical path been ordered?

Until the above questions are answered everything is pure speculation.

Won't we see that at the Tigue, in about two weeks, after the foundation/electrical work is completed, like Robe just said? I'm sorry, I listened to his interview a couple of times and his words just do not match what I'm hearing here.....and I don't think he would have lied to us to the degree needed if things were as nearly as bleak as some are saying. What am I missing here?
    Not saying that there weren't some real blunders done, and I agree that we need to both push for full information and hold everyone who has erred to be held accountable.
    No one here has stated that this renovation would not be done.....believe me, you are going to know when Lemoine has an NTP in hand

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    The demolition permit for the old Academy was approved on 6/27/16 or about two weeks ago. I know they have been working there for about three weeks. You can't just move on to a site and start demolition especially when there are active water, sewer, gas telephone and electric lines on site and connected to the structure. So I don't think we can say that they would have started demolition at the baseball stadium any sooner than about three weeks after the last game. It is my understanding that they had to move a major electric line and load distribution equipment prior to demolition. Granted, I think we all can agree that there appears to be problems with the administration of the contract and financing but I don't think anybody here can say how far the project is behind schedule without actually seeing the schedule. Not only that, without knowing what the length of the critical path is it's hard to say how far the job will extend into next spring.

It isn't speculation. It's a fact this project is way behind the projected schedule line. FACT. It is also a fact that the UL admin isn't talking to ANYBODY.

I'm not guessing or speculating. Can they make up the time. I seriously doubt it but who knows. We still don't know a real start date (NTP).

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    It isn't speculation. It's a fact this project is way behind the projected schedule line. FACT. It is also a fact that the UL admin isn't talking to ANYBODY.

I'm not guessing or speculating. Can they make up the time. I seriously doubt it but who knows. We still don't know a real start date (NTP).
    Again, I have no connections and am not saying things weren't mishandled. But I heard Robe talk and he blamed the delay on them and the foundation/electrical work. Was he not telling the truth, or leaving some (really important) info out? I'm just trying to make sense of all this....

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post

I'm not saying things weren't mishandled. What I am saying is when it is said that the project is "way behind schedule" my initial thought is how much and can it be made up. That's why I aked the questions above and I will ask again

What is the contract time in calendar days? (I need a number)
    What is the length of the critical path in calendar days? (I need a number)
    Is there an up charge for running double shifts? (Yes/no)
    Have equipment or materials on the critical path been ordered? (yes/no)

TECHNICALLY if the notice to proceed has not been signed then the contractor is not behind schedule because the contract time has not started. Typically the way it goes is a contract is awarded, Bonds insurance certificates and other documents are submitted, a notice to proceed is issued. The contractor has ten days to start then the contract time starts ticking. This order of things to do may be altered if this is a "Design Build" project. Again TYPICALLY in large construction projects there are certain things that an owner and contractor are responsible for. The owner, among other things has to supply a site for work (done) and FINANCING (meh not so much -----maybe I don't know for sure but it appears that way). I don't know if the "Ragin Cajun Facilities" could be considered in 'Breach of Contract" for not providing adequate financing. That would be something for Lemoine to do but I doubt they would do that.

I have been doing major construction work since 1976. I really like to deal in absolutes. (Not I heard this or that. That is speculation and providing an opinion based on rumor) Unfortunately we are not privy to absolute and hard information (by design). It has always been an aggravation to me that everything in the athletic department for a long time has been deemed "Top Secret". I have said that the administration at the athletic department was trained by the CIA.

I am also OF THE OPINION that there was a similar issue with the softball renovation project. I don't know that for a FACT but just have a feeling that that was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    -----Helmut, over a year ago I was at a meeting for naming some facilities ---- it was at a suite in the C-Dome and they were putting down some type of foundation in anticipation of the eventual Dome project---Guess being able to do this helped to speed up that project---could have been some type of pipes---Are you familiar with this project and what that advanced work could have been???
    Possible but I don't know for sure.

Again, I have no connections and am not saying things weren't mishandled. But I heard Robe talk and he blamed the delay on them and the foundation/electrical work. Was he not telling the truth, or leaving some (really important) info out? I'm just trying to make sense of all this....
    I live on congress, they have a couple guys in the morning and are home after lunch, if lemoine had their money you would know it. Again, what would you expect the man to say about his bosses publicly on a radio interview?

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post

They have been there a couple weeks emptying the building out also. They just started demo this week. The tigue has been empty.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information