Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . LastLast

Thread: The Building of Russo Park at Louisiana

Default Re: Russo Park Construction Cam

It will look exactly like the rendering. They will build the parts behind the existing metal bleachers after the grandstand steel is up

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    I emailed The Lemoine co. last Thursday and asked if they could move the cam to give a better view of the project. Looks like today they added a cam. Geaux Cajuns!
    Good work!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Will someone please explain the construction plan. The 1st & 3rd base seating is being left in place and the only elevated area of the structure is behind home plate. But, look at the rendering. Will this stadium look anything like the rendering? That didn't happen with the APC.
    Yes it did.it looks exactly like the final APC rendering.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    It will look exactly like the rendering. They will build the parts behind the existing metal bleachers after the grandstand steel is up
    Just to add to this, based on the last schedule posted here, they aren't supposed to start doing structural steel for the 3rd base platform until December 23. 1st base side will lag a few weeks behind, with a January 16 estimated start date

5. UL Baseball What Project is next for Russo Park?

“We need to reengage conversations about a baseball clubhouse and office space for our coaches to be incorporated in Russo Park,” Maggard told The Daily Advertiser.

Default Re: What Project is next for Russo Park?

How bout a new outfield fence?

A biergarten in the outfield would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    A biergarten in the outfield would be nice
    Since the current stadium sells beer, I think it would be better to add decks of various sizes for rent in the outfield. Package meals/drinks in with the cost of the deck rental with options from a few local restaurants providing the meals of various cuisines with baseball getting a percentage of the food/drink sales. Just throwing it out there. You could possibly add an exterior access bathroom to the new club house building planned for the right field corner off of Reinhardt to handle those needs so you don't have to deal with portable restrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Since the current stadium sells beer, I think it would be better to add decks of various sizes for rent in the outfield. Package meals/drinks in with the cost of the deck rental with options from a few local restaurants providing the meals of various cuisines with baseball getting a percentage of the food/drink sales. Just throwing it out there. You could possibly add an exterior access bathroom to the new club house building planned for the right field corner off of Reinhardt to handle those needs so you don't have to deal with portable restrooms.
    That would be a good idea.

Definitely a party deck with a food/drink combo with a rental cost would be a great idea for company or private parties. Easy $$$$

Definitely a party deck with a food/drink combo with a rental cost would be a great idea for company or private parties. Easy $$$$
    You guys are thinking too big! I think we can build that deck ourselves, just go to Home Depot purchase some cheap Yellow Pine and a few lawn chairs and you've yourself a nice deck!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    You guys are thinking too big! I think we can build that deck ourselves, just go to Home Depot purchase some cheap Yellow Pine and a few lawn chairs and you've yourself a nice deck!
    I bet a local builder or patio center would build something pretty amazing if they had naming rights to it.

Outfield decks would be for the fans just like must of the renovations to date have been. Now it is time to do something directly for coaches and players. Clubhouse and offices would do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Outfield decks would be for the fans just like must of the renovations to date have been. Now it is time to do something directly for coaches and players. Clubhouse and offices would do that.
    It's not an either/or. I agree the clubhouse needs are larger and more immediate, but that money was purported to be 100% donated by former players. My comment about putting exterior men's/women's bathrooms would just simplify the party deck construction at a later time. They basically did that on the locker room at Lamson park to allow bathroom access for the outfield bleachers.

How about an extra bathroom?

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    How bout a new outfield fence?
    I heard, but have not confirmed, this is in the works.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . LastLast

Thread Information