Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: The Building of Russo Park at Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    So you want to take one of our crown jewels and have it look like a high school park on national TV when we start hosting regionals again? It's tacky. My solution would fix that: Block only the part you see from the center field camera. Move the concessions over to the side, and you'll see the game just fine. Not to mention the exposed support beams could use some facia to cover them up. That definitely looks like unfinished construction.

You don't have to bend over backwards for TV, but at least dress things up a bit.
    The only thing I think they should do is move the tempoary lemonade and kettle corn stands from behind home plate, otherwise, I think it looks good on TV. It's a unique look and should be a distraction for the visiting pitcher.

Default Re: What Project is next for Russo Park?

At the very least, dress things up a bit more. If you're going to leave it there, realize it's a TV set. You don't have to have it cluttered with vinyl signs.

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    The only thing I think they should do is move the tempoary lemonade and kettle corn stands from behind home plate, otherwise, I think it looks good on TV. It's a unique look and should be a distraction for the visiting pitcher.
    Exactly. That's the most offending part.

Also, install brick facia in front of the exposed beams to give it a more finished look.

Exactly. That's the most offending part.

Also, install brick facia in front of the exposed beams to give it a more finished look.
    I'll allow that.

You do understand that having a professional-looking product on TV is key to our athletic department's future growth, don't you?
    Yes I do. And every time we've been on Cox Sports this year, the announcers have raved over the appearance of Russo Park. Not once did they talk about this "distraction" behind home plate.

I’d like to see that high school stadium

7. Default Re: What Project is next for Russo Park?

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    Yes I do. And every time we've been on Cox Sports this year, the announcers have raved over the appearance of Russo Park. Not once did they talk about this "distraction" behind home plate.
    Well that's because they're watching it live in-person and not on TV. I've seen all of the games on TV this year and it does look bad with the lemonade stand and whatever other stands they have out there. It looks like a circus on tv because for every pitch the lemonade and popcorn stands are the only parts of the park that you see for the entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
    Well that's because they're watching it live in-person and not on TV. I've seen all of the games on TV this year and it does look bad with the lemonade stand and whatever other stands they have out there. It looks like a circus on tv because for every pitch the lemonade and popcorn stands are the only thing of the park that you see really.
    1. They walked around the stadium before their first game.
    2. They have monitors with the same camera feed as TV in their booth.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I'd like to see that high school stadium
    Has to be in Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
    Well that's because they're watching it live in-person and not on TV. I've seen all of the games on TV this year and it does look bad with the lemonade stand and whatever other stands they have out there. It looks like a circus on tv because for every pitch the lemonade and popcorn stands are the only parts of the park that you see for the entire game.
    Must not be too much of a distraction.you watched all the games.

If both teams pitchers can pitch with the “distraction” one would think watching from a recliner wouldn’t be all that difficultdoesn’t seem to bother the infielders with rockets coming at them

If it's going to stay, here's a real simple fix: Change the lighting. Soften it up a bit, and use LED lights so that it doesn't have a yellowish tint to it. If you want to keep this feature, then you have to keep TV in mind because this is the shot of Russo that everyone will see all over the country. Dress it up, so that it doesn't look cheap, but instead what baseball is all about: a family evening together. Why clutter up the space with cheap vinyl signs? How about a red background with the LOUISIANA logo as the backdrop behind the fans at the concessions? It would look great.

By the way, just to be clear, I think it's great for the fans. I just think the TV presentation could be a lot better.

It was designed that way for the convenience of the fan to be able to see onto the field while at concession. However it could also be a creative advertisement opportunity with the camera focused on that area every pitch.

They could put something to cover the back of the stairs, that i agree with. It needs to stay open because being able to see live action from concessions is very unique and great for the fans.

Do they make signs like the window tinting that is 1 sided?.anyone from Lowry’s Printing on this biotch?.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread Information