Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Building of Russo Park at Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I grew up with them, hate them! No value to your property, we can plant other species of trees.
    My fence is lined with them on my neighbors side...absolute worst

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I would build around the trees.
    I wouldn’t, besides them growing bigger and tearing up the deck, it would be covered with needles,sap and red bugs.

Default Re: What Project is next for Russo Park?

Quote Originally Posted by pasbon View Post
    How about finishing the inside of the stadium. The clear view of the concessions area looks second rate compared to the rest of the stadium. Did they run out of money? Certainly it wasn't designed that way, was it? Also, couldn't they come up with another $2k to replace the top metal on the dugouts?
    Yes, it was, and it's not changing. I'm guessing you probably don't attend anyway so I'm not overly concerned since it seems you're talking about TV viewing.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by pasbon View Post
    How about finishing the inside of the stadium. The clear view of the concessions area looks second rate compared to the rest of the stadium. Did they run out of money? Certainly it wasn't designed that way, was it? Also, couldn't they come up with another $2k to replace the top metal on the dugouts?
    Obvious troll is obvious.

Yes, it was, and it's not changing. I'm guessing you probably don't attend anyway so I'm not overly concerned since it seems you're talking about TV viewing.
    Green dot for you.

A proper padded outfield wall would look a lot nicer. The current fence with top to bottom ads butted up against each other is tacky as hell

You guys are thinking too big! I think we can build that deck ourselves, just go to Home Depot purchase some cheap Yellow Pine and a few lawn chairs and you've yourself a nice deck!

Good call. Replace some of those pine trees with a pine deck! Could the actual trees being taken out be used on the deck?!? (mostly joking about that)

It's not an either/or. I agree the clubhouse needs are larger and more immediate, but that money was purported to be 100% donated by former players. My comment about putting exterior men's/women's bathrooms would just simplify the party deck construction at a later time. They basically did that on the locker room at Lamson park to allow bathroom access for the outfield bleachers.
    Former players have donated but not 100% First time I've heard that.

9. Default Re: What Project is next for Russo Park?

How about removing the mcdonalds sponsorship on the foul poles?

I wouldn't mind adding some .300 hitters to the park.

11. Default Re: What Project is next for Russo Park?

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    This is probably the best suggestion, and with time would also assure that many, many, many $$$$ keep coming into the park.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    This, along with post #14.

Removing all the wall signs will remove a whole lot of revenue. Same goes for the McDonald’s on the foul poles. We will have to make up that money somewhere else in the stadium.

14. Default Re: What Project is next for Russo Park?

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    They need to get rid of all the tiny ones anyway and let the bigger ones grow...and I’m not a tree hugger or anything
    Pine trees are not long lived and either need to be alternated with younger Pine or alternated with Cypress

Oak trees grow wide and not tall so they are not a good outfield option

The tree tradition at the Tigue is a must.

You guys are thinking too big! I think we can build that deck ourselves, just go to Home Depot purchase some cheap Yellow Pine and a few lawn chairs and you've yourself a nice deck!
    We actually did this in our high school football stadium. We sell season passes for the area and raise over $4,500 a year for our strength & conditioning program. I can only imagine the amount of money that can be raised yearly at the Tigue.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information