Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: The Building of Russo Park at Louisiana

Default Re: The Tigue in action at Russo Park (no video yet

I'm no construction expert, but if you have underground work to do on the site. Wouldn't you demo the stadium first to get full access to the entire foundation area. Do that foundation, electrical, plumbing, etc then start building?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    I'm no construction expert, but if you have underground work to do on the site. Wouldn't you demo the stadium first to get full access to the entire foundation area. Do that foundation, electrical, plumbing, etc then start building?
    Sounds like a question for resident construction expert, Helmut.

And I actually have some others, since I know nothing about an NTP: I'm assuming that is an issue here, us not having issued it yet. Is that correct? Or, e.g., is it possible that they are waiting for the foundation issues to be finished before issuing it? I'm just trying to determine if there are any other logical reasons ...... other than financing ..... that it wouldn't be issued? I'm not trying to impugn what others have said, just trying to get your opinion since you have so much experience in this area. Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajuns_fan View Post
    Sounds like a question for resident construction expert, Helmut.

And I actually have some others, since I know nothing about an NTP: I'm assuming that is an issue here, us not having issued it yet. Is that correct? Or, e.g., is it possible that they are waiting for the foundation issues to be finished before issuing it? I'm just trying to determine if there are any other logical reasons ...... other than financing ..... that it wouldn't be issued? I'm not trying to impugn what others have said, just trying to get your opinion since you have so much experience in this area. Thx.
    Foundation construction would take place after demolition. From what I can understand they did indeed have to relocate a major electric line and some distribution equipment prior to demolition. From What coach Robe said on his interview last week on the radio I understand this was finished about what is now about ten days ago. (if I remember correctly he said that they had disconnected the electricity from their offices late the week before and they had moved their offices into the Cox Building). There probably was some excavation being done to do this electric line relocation. I am speculating that he may have been confusing this with foundation work.

A notice to proceed is given regardless of what may or may not be encountered during the course of construction. Any item that may be discovered during the course of construction is handled by a change order and plan change.

Plain and simple not having a notice to proceed is a serious issue in this case.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Ok guys... I'm going to come clean on this. We discovered something at the Tigue just after the last game. Just as the Cajuns lost to Arizona with the final out... we heard a strange noise under the grandstand. As it turns out, we have had a Sasquatch living under the grandstand for several years now. That evening, a group of us decided to investigate that weird sound. It was dark, and all we had were flashlights. We heard some grunting and odd bodily noises coming from under a section of bleachers... a hairy smelly human thing was passed out drunk under the bleachers. After we got BandwagonKing a taxi ride home, we continued our search. That's when we came upon our Cajun Sasquatch. He's living in a borrow under the grandstands.

Apparently, after talking with him, he moved in under our grandstands many years ago. He migrated down from Nova Scotia... and when hearing there might be others of his kind in Acadiana, he made a home at the Tigue. He gave us a tour of his meager dwellings, and told us that "Robe and I deserve better than this". We all agreed. His simple little cave like dwelling is very modest. The only thing hanging on his wall is Yvette's plaque. He said it was a gift from "the one called Z".

Well, when we should have started the new Tigue, we realized we needed to include some modifications to accommodate a very loyal Cajuns baseball fan. He said his name was "Ugg"... but he preferred being called "Winston" (don't ask me). Anyhow, Winston is a really cool Squatch. And he loves Cajuns baseball. He claims he's cooked in the Cajun Cooking Club several times, unnoticed. And the whole reason for some of our plumbing/piping issues is that he's piped the drains off our beer taps into his cave. We decided he deserved his own fresh spigot... and we're going to work out a plan for him to pay off the costs. He thinks he can help our players with some power hitting advice. We'll have to see about that.

He also told us he likes to listen to Jay on an old radio he found. He said "AM sucks and so does Mr. Bitter". But although he likes Jay calling games... he said he thinks he's a cocky "ruksmug". I found out later what "ruksmug" meant when Winston went to the bathroom and said he just took a big ruksmug. Winston feels bad about some of the cracks in our foundation. He said some of those happened when he called into "that cocky ruksmugs" show... and was cut off. He said it takes longer for a Squatch to form his thoughts... and that Jay needed to "chill the booch out". He punched his ceiling after that ruksmug cut him off and went on one of those ruksmug "I know everything" diatribes.

Anyhow... I apologize for not coming forward with the facts sooner. Winston wrote Scott Farmer a letter telling him that he was a Leprechaun and that he'd buried a pot of gold on a unicorn farm up in Alaska. Now you know more than I should have told. I'm just glad to help explain some things.

5. Default Re: The Tigue in action at Russo Park (no video yet

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Ok guys... I'm going to come clean on this. We discovered something at the Tigue just after the last game. Just as the Cajuns lost to Arizona with the final out... we heard a strange noise under the grandstand. As it turns out, we have had a Sasquatch living under the grandstand for several years now. That evening, a group of us decided to investigate that weird sound. It was dark, and all we had were flashlights. We heard some grunting and odd bodily noises coming from under a section of bleachers... a hairy smelly human thing was passed out drunk under the bleachers. After we got BandwagonKing a taxi ride home, we continued our search. That's when we came upon our Cajun Sasquatch. He's living in a borrow under the grandstands.

Apparently, after talking with him, he moved in under our grandstands many years ago. He migrated down from Nova Scotia... and when hearing there might be others of his kind in Acadiana, he made a home at the Tigue. He gave us a tour of his meager dwellings, and told us that "Robe and I deserve better than this". We all agreed. His simple little cave like dwelling is very modest. The only thing hanging on his wall is Yvette's plaque. He said it was a gift from "the one called Z".

Well, when we should have started the new Tigue, we realized we needed to include some modifications to accommodate a very loyal Cajuns baseball fan. He said his name was "Ugg"... but he preferred being called "Winston" (don't ask me). Anyhow, Winston is a really cool Squatch. And he loves Cajuns baseball. He claims he's cooked in the Cajun Cooking Club several times, unnoticed. And the whole reason for some of our plumbing/piping issues is that he's piped the drains off our beer taps into his cave. We decided he deserved his own fresh spigot... and we're going to work out a plan for him to pay off the costs. He thinks he can help our players with some power hitting advice. We'll have to see about that.

He also told us he likes to listen to Jay on an old radio he found. He said "AM sucks and so does Mr. Bitter". But although he likes Jay calling games... he said he thinks he's a cocky "ruksmug". I found out later what "ruksmug" meant when Winston went to the bathroom and said he just took a big ruksmug. Winston feels bad about some of the cracks in our foundation. He said some of those happened when he called into "that cocky ruksmugs" show... and was cut off. He said it takes longer for a Squatch to form his thoughts... and that Jay needed to "chill the booch out". He punched his ceiling after that ruksmug cut him off and went on one of those ruksmug "I know everything" diatribes.

Anyhow... I apologize for not coming forward with the facts sooner. Winston wrote Scott Farmer a letter telling him that he was a Leprechaun and that he'd buried a pot of gold on a unicorn farm up in Alaska. Now you know more than I should have told. I'm just glad to help explain some things.
    ---So we have a home and home with ND and our game is in the SuperDome---Pot of gold for $10 mill deal!!! All the UL Catholic kids stun ND officials by pulling for the Cajuns!!! ND gives an extra mill to the Catholic Student center----Roy Henry out for the coin toss!!! lol

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---So we have a home and home with ND and our game is in the SuperDome---Pot of gold for $10 mill deal!!! All the UL Catholic kids stun ND officials by pulling for the Cajuns!!! ND gives an extra mill to the Catholic Student center

Roy Henry out for the coin toss!!! lol

If we sent Robe to talk with ND, we'd get that football game... and that giant check. Robe could, without a doubt, forge a deep relationship with ND.

PS Winston agrees.

UL Baseball Re: Tigue Moore Field at Russo Park 2017

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajuns_fan View Post
    They also have torn down the kiosk-thing in between the ticket booth and stadium....where they recently had the renderings of the stadium renovation. My first thought when seeing this: some will claim it is SF 'destroying the evidence.' I kid....I kid!
    Little History! The Kiosk-Thing or as I knew it, the Game Day Sponsor Board(GDSB). Twenty-One(21) years ago I was building my house as was my neighbor, and I had started helping out Robe on some projects. The GDSB was one of those projects! Todd Credeur(Rookie) as we knew him a Left handed pitcher from Acadiana High, that also pitched for USL and made it a ways in the Astro's organization, HIS father in law who was my architect DREW the plans to the GDSB, was able to get my brick layer to lay the bricks, Neighbors contractor put together the roof that was donated by Southern Structures, lumber and supplies by Doug Ashy, and the bricks donated by Mike Baker Bricks. Fun Times.

8. Default Re: Tigue Moore Field at Russo Park 2017

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    Little History! The Kiosk-Thing or as I knew it, the Game Day Sponsor Board(GDSB). Twenty-One(21) years ago I was building my house as was my neighbor, and I had started helping out Robe on some projects. The GDSB was one of those projects! Todd Credeur(Rookie) as we knew him a Left handed pitcher from Acadiana High, that also pitched for USL and made it a ways in the Astro's organization, HIS father in law who was my architect DREW the plans to the GDSB, was able to get my brick layer to lay the bricks, Neighbors contractor put together the roof that was donated by Southern Structures, lumber and supplies by Doug Ashy, and the bricks donated by Mike Baker Bricks. Fun Times.

--When we would have a football party, the usual suspects were rounded up---Herbie for some kegs I guess with some other distributers, Hot dogs from somebody I guess Freys, and buns I think from Boustany, And if girls wanted to come they had to pay $10---Kidding!!!-=---But thank the Lord for volunteers and the in-kind donations!!!

I didn't hear robe's interview. But, I don't think he would ever throw anyone under the bus...yet. But if he said two weeks...if u do another interview in two weeks and nothing has happen....the poo poo will hit the fan. He's not "lying". I'm sure it was coach speak

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Foundation construction would take place after demolition. From what I can understand they did indeed have to relocate a major electric line and some distribution equipment prior to demolition. From What coach Robe said on his interview last week on the radio I understand this was finished about what is now about ten days ago. (if I remember correctly he said that they had disconnected the electricity from their offices late the week before and they had moved their offices into the Cox Building). There probably was some excavation being done to do this electric line relocation. I am speculating that he may have been confusing this with foundation work.

A notice to proceed is given regardless of what may or may not be encountered during the course of construction. Any item that may be discovered during the course of construction is handled by a change order and plan change.

Plain and simple not having a notice to proceed is a serious issue in this case.
    Thanks for this...great info. Because you make a good point: what's being done now is not work on the foundation in the real sense. I think he meant it in a looser sense, though, more like just stuff that needed to be done before the demo begins.

Default Russo Park Construction Cam

I emailed The Lemoine co. last Thursday and asked if they could move the cam to give a better view of the project. Looks like today they added a cam. Geaux Cajuns!

Default Re: Russo Park Construction Cam

post the link

Strange, I get the two views on my PC, but still just get the old view on my phone. Hmm.

Will someone please explain the construction plan. The 1st & 3rd base seating is being left in place and the only elevated area of the structure is behind home plate. But, look at the rendering. Will this stadium look anything like the rendering? That didn't happen with the APC.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information