Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Summer Beer Thread - 2016

Default Summer Beer Thread - 2016

This board needs an updated beer thread. Not that the issues raised last night aren't important. They are important, and quite infuriating if true.

But having said that, to lighten the mood some

Enjoying the New Mexico GOAT in this 100 plus degree weather.

ETA: I have no clue why picture from my phone post sideways.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Summer Beer Thread - 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    ETA: I have no clue why picture from my phone post sideways.
    too many? hee-hee smiles

I love beer. I drink cheap beer, dark beer, light beer, expensive beer, I've even put down a sour on a beer tour and a beer named Raspberry ____ Show in Seattle. I just don't like IPAs. I think they all taste the same and I think microbreweries make them because they can throw a bunch of hops in there and it'll last forever and they can call it an IPA.

I wish more microbreweries would get creative with other types of Pale Ales or just anything else in general but an India Pale Ale.

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    I think microbreweries make them because they can throw a bunch of hops in there and it'll last forever and they can call it an IPA.

I wish more microbreweries would get creative with other types of Pale Ales or just anything else in general but an India Pale Ale.
    Some have started getting more creative with Pale Ales.

But your statement about lasting forever.let an IPA sit for longer than 10-12 weeks after bottling, and it's actually a malt bomb. All the good hop flavor gone.

Lots of breweries put out IPAs with the trend wanting people to buy, but certain ones do them rights, and hopefully the free market will soon weed the bad ones out.

I'm a hop head. This Elevated IPA from LaCumbre, in my all-time Top 3.

More power to you if you love 'em but I've tried and I've tried and I just can't get myself to like them. Even if I did like them, I think it's lame that every microbrewery has like 6 different IPAs. I haven't been beer shopping in a while though so I don't know whats out there. My wife usually just picks me something up and she came home with some Canebrake, which I know not everyone loves but I think is a really good easy drinking summer beer.

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    More power to you if you love 'em but I've tried and I've tried and I just can't get myself to like them. Even if I did like them, I think it's lame that every microbrewery has like 6 different IPAs. I haven't been beer shopping in a while though so I don't know whats out there. My wife usually just picks me something up and she came home with some Canebrake, which I know not everyone loves but I think is a really good easy drinking summer beer.
    Canebrake, much like Ragin Cajun, is a great beer for hot, post yard laboring weather. Wish they sold both in cans.

Next beer. A stout for those who don't like IPAs.

Been traveling to Utah recently and have discovered Epic brewery, which I think moved to Colorado recently. If you see anything by Epic, buy it! Captain Crompton's pale ale is very good, their imperial red is good and my favorite was the big bad baptist, although not a summer beer

Also the jalepenos cream ale by Wasatch brewery is FANTASTIC and actually very refreshing

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Sorry boys, if you can beat this I wanna know about it.

11. Default Re: Summer Beer Thread - 2016

What do you guys think about the Cajun Brewing products? I've had Cajun Wit (maybe the only one available) at Pete's (at $6 a freaking beer -- C'mon Charlie!) and thought it was pretty decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Z I have the luxury of living 10 minutes from PARISH. OHHH the taste of any beer from them on tap Me , I'm partial to Southcoast

I guess I'll have to try Ghost in the Machine, everyone raves about it

That's a good one but I'll be honest, parish brewing routinely underwhelms me. This is my favorite of theirs

I despise most IPA's.let alone Double IPA's.this one is pretty damn good.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information