Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: Summer Beer Thread - 2016

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Summer Beer Thread - 2016

Alls I know boys, is with a fine stogie, its the shlit.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    I guess I'll have to try Ghost in the Machine, everyone raves about it
    I aint no beer connie-sewer, but this stuff, I can down endlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    I despise most IPA's.let alone Double IPA's.this one is pretty damn good.
    I have a 4 year old bottle thanks to a guy that works there dating my step daughter. I'm saving it for a legit d1 win in football( Georgia , boise, etc or trip to OMAHA .

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Z I have the luxury of living 10 minutes from PARISH. OHHH the taste of any beer from them on tap Me , I'm partial to Southcoast
    walk there, walk your buzz off heading home!

Quote Originally Posted by DocCajun View Post
    That's a good one but I'll be honest, parish brewing routinely underwhelms me. This is my favorite of theirs
    Beer snob

I thought Cajun Wit was good and enjoyed it. Parish has terrific beer, ghost, Envie pale ale, the barley wine and Neopolitan stout. I just tried Teche Brewings new DIPA and it was very good.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Parish's Serendipite' Stout is really good. Bought a couple of crowlers. They were out of the Reve coffee stout we had gone by to try. Waiting desperately for its return.
    Polygamy porter on nitro from Wasatch is nice

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Sorry boys, if you can beat this I wanna know about it.
    YES! It's funny hearing about NOLA and BR people searching high and low for Ghost when I can easily stock up at the brewery when there is a release

None the less, it is a very hot commodity

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    Parish's Serendipite' Stout is really good. Bought a couple of crowlers. They were out of the Reve coffee stout we had gone by to try. Waiting desperately for its return.
    Polygamy porter on nitro from Wasatch is nice
    Parish's new Opus Vert is a pretty good IPA as well. The first batch was only sold at the brewery but is supposed to become a regular

Envie, Opus, and GitM. Great lineup by parish. They have a coffee stout called Reve at the taproom which is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    I have a 4 year old bottle thanks to a guy that works there dating my step daughter. I'm saving it for a legit d1 win in football( Georgia , boise, etc or trip to OMAHA .
    A 4 year old bottle of Ghost??

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    I love beer. I drink cheap beer, dark beer, light beer, expensive beer, I've even put down a sour on a beer tour and a beer named Raspberry ____ Show in Seattle. I just don't like IPAs. I think they all taste the same and I think microbreweries make them because they can throw a bunch of hops in there and it'll last forever and they can call it an IPA.

I wish more microbreweries would get creative with other types of Pale Ales or just anything else in general but an India Pale Ale.
    Have you tried Ghost in the Machine from Parish?

Quote Originally Posted by RedCajun View Post
    Parish's new Opus Vert is a pretty good IPA as well. The first batch was only sold at the brewery but is supposed to become a regular
    My neighbor is a brewmaster at Parish. he keeps it all stocked in his fridge. I had Ghost and Opus side by side. My untrained palette I'll take Ghost always. IMHO!

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Sorry boys, if you can beat this I wanna know about it.
    I think their Grand Reserve is a better beer. Too much grapefruit in Ghost. BUT Ghost is a GOOD beer!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbuf View Post
    I think their Grand Reserve is a better beer. Too much grapefruit in Ghost. BUT Ghost is a GOOD beer!!
    Never had it. I'll have to put it on my list!! Thanks!

Z

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information