Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Summer Beer Thread - 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Someone had to already be drunk when that brew combo (idea)was concocted
    Especially to go and figure out which of the goats was horny enough to mix into the brew.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Summer Beer Thread - 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Someone had to already be drunk when that brew combo (idea)was concocted
    Agreed and a bit gimmicky but I enjoyed the results!

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Especially to go and figure out which of the goats was horny enough to mix into the brew.
    Pretty sure thats ALL the goats.

4. Default Re: Summer Beer Thread - 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    Pretty sure thats ALL the goats.
    ------A friend is the daughter of former Tulane great RB Eddie Price and I remember as a kid his doing commercials for Regal Beer in NO---Well the discussion turned to all the old time beers from NO and what is gone (Falstaff, Regal, Gobel, Jax, Dixie, Etc)-----Now it is like a new beer a day----timing I guess!!!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

--A friend is the daughter of former Tulane great RB Eddie Price and I remember as a kid his doing commercials for Regal Beer in NO---Well the discussion turned to all the old time beers from NO and what is gone (Falstaff, Regal, Gobel, Jax, Dixie, Etc)

-Now it is like a new beer a day

timing I guess!!!

It is interesting that we had so few beers in the past, and the difference in those beers wasn't that much (taste wise). But different people preferred different ones. They drank "their brand", whether by taste or price (or both). But now, as much as I like the new selections, some of my buddies and me laugh at the obsession with trying out and conversing about the flavor a day beer products. One guy I know can't tell you a beer he doesn't "love", and he races to be the first to sample the latest name pumped out by the "beer complex". As much as I'm enjoying this "new beer every day" phase, I'm also not failing to see the humor in the beer complex messing with everyone - with the names - and the next "flavor" of the day. It's about equivalent to women and candle scents. I guess we'll eventually get back to sticking with what we really like, a single dependable beer flavor. but it may not end until .

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    It is interesting that we had so few beers in the past, and the difference in those beers wasn't that much (taste wise). But different people preferred different ones. They drank "their brand", whether by taste or price (or both). But now, as much as I like the new selections, some of my buddies and me laugh at the obsession with trying out and conversing about the flavor a day beer products. One guy I know can't tell you a beer he doesn't "love", and he races to be the first to sample the latest name pumped out by the "beer complex". As much as I'm enjoying this "new beer every day" phase, I'm also not failing to see the humor in the beer complex messing with everyone - with the names - and the next "flavor" of the day. It's about equivalent to women and candle scents. I guess we'll eventually get back to sticking with what we really like, a single dependable beer flavor. but it may not end until .
    ATM beer?? Yum!

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    It is interesting that we had so few beers in the past, and the difference in those beers wasn't that much (taste wise). But different people preferred different ones. They drank "their brand", whether by taste or price (or both). But now, as much as I like the new selections, some of my buddies and me laugh at the obsession with trying out and conversing about the flavor a day beer products. One guy I know can't tell you a beer he doesn't "love", and he races to be the first to sample the latest name pumped out by the "beer complex". As much as I'm enjoying this "new beer every day" phase, I'm also not failing to see the humor in the beer complex messing with everyone - with the names - and the next "flavor" of the day. It's about equivalent to women and candle scents. I guess we'll eventually get back to sticking with what we really like, a single dependable beer flavor. but it may not end until they .
    I like having a new craft brewery with their version of stuff popping up. Some are crap, so after one or two tries you write them off. Some of decent, but if they're priced above something you already like the same, then so long. Others, like Parish in Broussard, pump out really good stuff.

Eventually, the craft bubble will reduce a bit to where you have to produce GOOD craft beer to stay on the shelves, rather than just be a new brewery.

As for the beers themselves, I have my styles that I enjoy, like IPAs and stouts. Wheats and lagers are ok, and refreshing after pushing the mower. I can't get into the sour trend, though. If a beer tastes like sour gummy worms (which I like as a candy) I don't want it.

Just as soon give me a wine cooler and have me pee sitting down.

I like having a new craft brewery with their version of stuff popping up. Some are crap, so after one or two tries you write them off. Some of decent, but if they're priced above something you already like the same, then so long. Others, like Parish in Broussard, pump out really good stuff.

Eventually, the craft bubble will reduce a bit to where you have to produce GOOD craft beer to stay on the shelves, rather than just be a new brewery.

As for the beers themselves, I have my styles that I enjoy, like IPAs and stouts. Wheats and lagers are ok, and refreshing after pushing the mower. I can't get into the sour trend, though. If a beer tastes like sour gummy worms (which I like as a candy) I don't want it.

Just as soon give me a wine cooler and have me pee sitting down.
    I enjoy having a wide selections of beers to choose from. The imports are much more widely available now than in years past and its nice to try beers from Belgium, Germany, Japan, etc. The domestic craft brews are also good because one can try a brewmaster's personal interpretation of a particular style. The best is to go to a brewery's taproom. They usually have different styles on tap that they dont make enough of to bottle. I friend of mine goes to Parish every time they tap a keg of Strawberry Canebrake. Now Canebrake is a go to for me but I'm not of fan of the strawberry. They also tap The Fuzz, a vanilla peach wheat, occasionally and its pretty good. Drinking beer can be so much more than drinking Coors Light(aka, water in a can) but I also have buds who will only have BL or Michelob and thats cool too.
    BTW no sours for me but I wont say never. Stouts and porters are new to me and they are all I want to drink now

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Ballast Point, big eye IPA. Excellent

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    NuNu's has Mudbug from Thibodeaux in cans now. The Cafe au Lait stout is a good one but I like it better on draft. The White Boot blonde is good too. Very clean.
    JUst had a cafe au lait i picked up from NU Nus Great stuff. Its like grown up chocolate soldier !!

Heading to Lafayette tomorrow and was planning on going to the Bayou Tech Brewery this weekend.any suggestions/tips while we are there.

Ragin Cajun Ale and their mardi gras beer are great

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Heading to Lafayette tomorrow and was planning on going to the Bayou Tech Brewery this weekend.any suggestions/tips while we are there.
    Bayou Teche's best beers:
    Meil Savuage (whiskey barrel aged honey ale)
    Coteau Rodeir (sp?, ale aged in wine barrels)
    Cocodrie (Tripel/Belgian IPA)
    Loup Garou (stout)

If you don't see any of the above on draft in their taproom, ask one of their people. They'll try to find some bombers if they have any available.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    The Loup Garou is great. With a little kick.

Bayou Teche's best beers:
    Meil Savuage (whiskey barrel aged honey ale)
    Coteau Rodeir (sp?, ale aged in wine barrels)
    Cocodrie (Tripel/Belgian IPA)
    Loup Garou (stout)

If you don't see any of the above on draft in their taproom, ask one of their people. They'll try to find some bombers if they have any available.
    Thanks!!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information