Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sun Belt to stage championship game

1. UL Football Sun Belt to stage championship game

UL — The Sun Belt Conference officially announced Wednesday that it unanimously approved a football conference championship game in 2018, making it the last of 10 FBS conferences to have one.

While the impending announcement of a title game was kn.

The rest of the story
    THE Advocate

Default Re: Sun Belt to stage championship game

There is no doubt it will be staged! Sorry, but I honestly see virtually zero positives from this announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    There is no doubt it will be staged! Sorry, but I honestly see virtually zero positives from this announcement.
    Reduces the chances they vote for a nine game schedule.

Maybe if you were P5 conference, it would be worth a few extra millions! We will probably lose money on this game and risk of hurting personnel going into possible post season!

5. Default Re: Sun Belt to stage championship game

tag line could be "we saved the best for last"!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan96 View Post
    Maybe if you were P5 conference, it would be worth a few extra millions! We will probably lose money on this game and risk of hurting personnel going into possible post season!
    Agree 100%!

This game poses so many scheduling issues its ridiculous. With all of the mid week TV games that our league plays, our season almost always extends to "Championship Weekend". Now we no longer have the luxury. So what happens now? (1) reduce bye week (2) play on short scheduled week

2 already bowl eligible teams will play in the Championship game (Game 13) and one will play 2 weeks later in NO Bowl (Game 14). By no means, does this have a positive impact on the players.

Agree 100%!

This game poses so many scheduling issues its ridiculous. With all of the mid week TV games that our league plays, our season almost always extends to "Championship Weekend". Now we no longer have the luxury. So what happens now? (1) reduce bye week (2) play on short scheduled week

2 already bowl eligible teams will play in the Championship game (Game 13) and one will play 2 weeks later in NO Bowl (Game 14). By no means, does this have a positive impact on the players.
    as a player i would have loved it, who doesnt want to play one more game. you play sports to play the game. hopefully we rule the belt and get to host it and have another great game for the players and fans at cajun field

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    as a player i would have loved it, who doesnt want to play one more game. you play sports to play the game. hopefully we rule the belt and get to host it and have another great game for the players and fans at cajun field
    Yes as a player, they all should love it. Also as a player, how many really think about the chances of getting hurt or quality of life after football. Very, very few think about those things.

In my opinion; administration, coaches, and the Sun Belt have a responsibility to these kids to to put them in extra harm. With the very limited (if any) positives of this championship game, this same group I just mentioned failed the players when it comes to their safety.

Yes as a player, they all should love it. Also as a player, how many really think about the chances of getting hurt or quality of life after football. Very, very few think about those things.

In my opinion; administration, coaches, and the Sun Belt have a responsibility to these kids to to put them in extra harm. With the very limited (if any) positives of this championship game, this same group I just mentioned failed the players when it comes to their safety.
    well then axe the NOLA bowl too then, because i dont see any difference.

well then axe the NOLA bowl too then, because i dont see any difference.
    You dont see a difference between the Sun Belt Championship game and the New Orleans Bowl? Really?

You dont see a difference between the Sun Belt Championship game and the New Orleans Bowl? Really?
    if your concern is safery, then no i dont. so safety is only important to you in some instance and not others. you cited safety of players. a bowl game is an extra game. if your saying an extra game on top of the bowl game is what causes the safety concern, then every conference with a championship game is unsafe. that all teams that make the playoffs in Div I, II, III are all unsafe.

12. Default Re: Sun Belt to stage championship game

I thought he meant fear that they get hurt and then might miss the bowl game. but I would think moot point, because title game would be more important

if your concern is safery, then no i dont. so safety is only important to you in some instance and not others. you cited safety of players. a bowl game is an extra game. if your saying an extra game on top of the bowl game is what causes the safety concern, then every conference with a championship game is unsafe. that all teams that make the playoffs in Div I, II, III are all unsafe.
    Player safety is just one of the cons to having the Sun Belt Championship game. We can discuss the cons to having this game until nausea. I have yet to hear any positive that outweighs any negative for having a championship game.

Player safety is just one of the cons to having the Sun Belt Championship game. We can discuss the cons to having this game until nausea. I have yet to hear any positive that outweighs any negative for having a championship game.
    A 13-0 SBC team has a better chance at access bowl than 12-0

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    A 13-0 SBC team has a better chance at access bowl than 12-0
    Not sure about that but it could be one. Strength of schedule will play into the decision I'm sure. A 12-0 SBC team with 3 quality wins over P5 schools should get them in. There is a 0.000342% chance of ever seeing a 13-0 SBC team.

Define quality wins as you wish.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information