Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Regional Weather

Default Re: Regional Weather

These weather people and their satellites are garbage.

Here's my forecast:

Summer Weather to be expected
    Afternoon shower to be expected
    Butt sweat to be expected

Tis the season guys

I turn off the weather now when it comes onunless it's ginger zee or her stand in when she was out prego.

2. Default Re: Regional Weather

Quote Originally Posted by scotto_25 View Post

Here's my forecast:

Tis the season guys

I turn off the weather now when it comes onunless it's ginger zee or her stand in when she was out prego.
    Both outstanding

Remember if you are looking at the extended forecast for the day. That just means there is a 90% chance there will be rain that day, not that it will rain 90% of the day. Also they can not forecast what the weather will do tomorrow, how do you expect them to get 3 days from now?

Still praying for global warming.

Wasn't it supposed to rain a lot Thursday and Friday of the SB-C tournament? How'd that turn out?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    Wasn't it supposed to rain a lot Thursday and Friday of the SB-C tournament? How'd that turn out?
    To the forecasters credit, it did rain a ____ ton in Texas prior to last weekend. The rain was just mostly to the north and east of San Marcos, but didn't miss them by much. I drove through a deluge on the way there on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    To the forecasters credit, it did rain a ____ ton in Texas prior to last weekend. The rain was just mostly to the north and east of San Marcos, but didn't miss them by much. I drove through a deluge on the way there on Friday.
    And they are still dealing with it. Catastrophic level flooding. We can give the forecasters hell all we want but ultimately in this day and age they are more right than wrong. Bottom line is South Louisiana is going to see rain this weekend. Hopefully that small tiny area called the Tigue isn't one of them but I'd be more than happy with a few close storms that provide cloud cover and no rain.

Read something a while back that forecasts 3-5 days out are generally very good. It's the 5+ days out where the accuracy goes down.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Read something a while back that forecasts 3-5 days out are generally very good. It's the 5+ days out where the accuracy goes down.
    They'd call em fivecasts if they could get them accurate that far out. Heck Andre. forecasts are like foreskins. whether you got one or not. if it's meant to get wet. it's meant to get wet.

9. Default Re: Regional Weather

Quote Originally Posted by scotto_25 View Post

Here's my forecast:

Tis the season guys

---So how does the S/E wind effect the ball??? What kind of wind action would be best for the Cajuns???

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---So how does the S/E wind effect the ball??? What kind of wind action would be best for the Cajuns???
    Cajun pitchers use the "UL" hand sign to grasp the ball. and they give it the old Southwestern spin. It results in a Cajun SLIder.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Cajun pitchers use the "UL" hand sign to grasp the ball. and they give it the old Southwestern spin. It results in a Cajun SLIder.
    I see what you did there!

That turf playing surface will come in handy.

So if its just raining we play on. Only heavy rain/lighting will cause a delay? Anyone know of any contingency plans?

14. Default Re: Regional Weather

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    So if its just raining we play on. Only heavy rain/lighting will cause a delay? Anyone know of any contingency plans?
    ---If the Tourney is cancelled the first ranked team goes??? Kidding!!!

I'm not worrying about the weather. Scotto said it perfectly - it's summer and we will get summer weather. The schedule will not play out as expected but games will get in throughout the weekend.

Also, we have an extremely deep pitching staff and I feel confident saying that if games gets stopped and restarted (thus requiring pitching changes) that it will benefit us in the long run across the regional.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information