Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15

Thread: NCAA Super Regional Game 2: UL vs OU

Default Re: NCAA Super Regional Game 2: UL vs OU

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Unfortunately, for us folks with LUS Fiber, I think we are S.O.L. LUS dropped the U when they picked up the SEC network. ugh.
    It's channel 127 and 1127, both hd.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    And ZERO errors on OU's part. The better team won. Props to OU, and to our team for not quitting.
    Spot on. Offensively, we are right there with any team in the country. And like has been mentioned already, our pitching is good, but not great. And our defense in this series was atrocious, while OUs was stellar. The better team won.

I sure hope that one of the young pitchers we have has a chance to be elite, like Brooke Mitchell, Ashley Brignac, and Jordan Wallace at her best, elite. That's what it will take for us to ever get what we all want.

I love the fight our ladies showed. Great season. Congrats for achieving just about all you could achieve with what you had.

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    I was not looking for it prior to the third inning . which is why I only commented on the third inning and later. But nothing in her mechanics (Parker) led me to believe that she was illegal any other time. Her mechanics are good and consistent.

Brian
    Not trying to start an argument--just curious--do you have a softball background?? I watch games, both at Lamson and at home, with a friend who has coached softball for years, and is a longtime friend of the Lotiefs. He tells me that "illegal pitches" are similar to holding calls in the NFL, in that they can be called as frequently as the officials WANT to. He told me that, for instance, Cat Osterman, HOF pitcher from Texas, threw "illegal" on many of her pitches when she played, but, always got the benefit of the doubt because of who she was and who she played for.
    Anyway, he was losing his mind last night during our game, and SAID the umps GAVE them 4 extra runs on "extended" innings because of the illega pitch calls. Now I didn't see the game, AND I wouldn't know the difference between pitches if I DID see it--I'm HOPING that YOU are right about this, and OU won fair and square. 😊

Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    I'm HOPING that YOU are right about this, and OU won fair and square. 😊
    OU won fair & square. They are a very good team.

The umpiring in Norman was a false flag operation!

via GIPHY

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    I was not looking for it prior to the third inning . which is why I only commented on the third inning and later. But nothing in her mechanics (Parker) led me to believe that she was illegal any other time. Her mechanics are good and consistent.

Brian
    I understand and thanks. Wasn't challenging you. Speaking for myself, it's frustrating to see the calls go against us when I don't know how the rule is supposed to be interpreted. Obviously there is more to the rule than just the drag foot being off the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Spot on. Offensively, we are right there with any team in the country. And like has been mentioned already, our pitching is good, but not great. And our defense in this series was atrocious, while OUs was stellar. The better team won.

I sure hope that one of the young pitchers we have has a chance to be elite, like Brooke Mitchell, Ashley Brignac, and Jordan Wallace at her best, elite. That's what it will take for us to ever get what we all want.

I love the fight our ladies showed. Great season. Congrats for achieving just about all you could achieve with what you had.
    Agree. Due to experience and injuries, we have one pitcher that is very good. We didnt have a staff this year that was CWS good. And after this weekend, it's obvious a top flight lefty would be invaluable.

I am watching the replay of the game. If just make a couple of the defensive plays we should have made we win on Vincent's home run. Really frustrating we didn't make some of those plays.

9. Default Re: NCAA Super Regional Game 2: UL vs OU

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    I am watching the replay of the game. If just make a couple of the defensive plays we should have made we win on Vincent's home run. Really frustrating we didn't make some of those plays.
    I brought up their defensive inconsistencies during the game Thursday and some hall of fame coaches on this site wanted to crucify me for stating that they aren't very good defensively as a program, it's usually the case. But then last night others stated the sameOU was solid pitching and defense and they are advancing, and look at all the others advancingyou can't give up runs!! Need to get better defensively if they going to bring home a NC trophy. All the homeruns are great, and we have a great team.but are we really satisfied with that? This program should be bring home hardware, not saying "we do more with less".

10. Default Re: NCAA Super Regional Game 2: UL vs OU

OK----finally next year's starting lineup and can we win with it???

Quote Originally Posted by 225cajun View Post
    I brought up their defensive inconsistencies during the game Thursday and some hall of fame coaches on this site wanted to crucify me for stating that they aren't very good defensively as a program, it's usually the case. But then last night others stated the sameOU was solid pitching and defense and they are advancing, and look at all the others advancingyou can't give up runs!! Need to get better defensively if they going to bring home a NC trophy. All the homeruns are great, and we have a great team.but are we really satisfied with that? This program should be bring home hardware, not saying "we do more with less".
    Honestly, the defense was the worst I can remember in a Super Regional we've played in. We simply weren't better than Oklahoma.

That said, we lost game 2 because of illegal pitches, not defense. We win 6-5 in game 2 if they didn't pull illegal pitches out of their ___es whenever it was convenient.

Watching part of the Michigan-Missouri game. Every pitch thrown by Missouri pitcher is illegal. Never drags back foot.

BTW, if anyone posted how many of our fans were at the game(s) in Norman, I never saw it.

Anybody have any numbers/estimates?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    BTW, if anyone posted how many of our fans were at the game(s) in Norman, I never saw it.

Anybody have any numbers/estimates?
    I would guess around 200 if not a little more.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15

Thread Information