Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lotief relishes NCAA experience

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    We won't spend the money to afford her
    I can believe that.

Default Re: Lotief relishes NCAA experience

What makes Mike & Tony so special (besides their obvious ability to coach) is the fact that they put emphasis on more than the game. They truly attempt to make better people out of their athletes. If money was the most important thing they were after, they could have been gone years ago.

Finding replacements with those same values when they decide to leave will be very difficult, unless the new Coach has previous ties to these men or been involved with the program(s) in some prior capacity. Not to mention their true dedication to our University.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    What makes Mike & Tony so special (besides their obvious ability to coach) is the fact that they put emphasis on more than the game. They truly attempt to make better people out of their athletes. If money was the most important thing they were after, they could have been gone years ago.

Finding replacements with those same values when they decide to leave will be very difficult, unless the new Coach has previous ties to these men or been involved with the program(s) in some prior capacity. Not to mention their true dedication to our University.
    That, and can Coach Holas build a year-in, year-out national championship contender without a virtually limited budget?

Because she couldn't do so at Houston.

Thanks for 1993, Kyla. I'll never forget that run to championship Monday.

Coaching at this University and maintaining this program, though not sure she's capable.

Shellie Landry is the next to carry the torch here anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    That, and can Coach Holas build a year-in, year-out national championship contender without a virtually limited budget?

Coaching at this University and maintaining this program, though not sure she's capable.

I missed where it was suggested that Kyla should be the next coach here whenever Mike decides to hang it up. Only other suggestion I saw on here, besides yours for Landry, was Boomer suggesting Alyson.

And was Houston really pouring tons of money into softball? I'd like to see proof of that. Just going by facilities, ours exceeds theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    I missed where it was suggested that Kyla should be the next coach here whenever Mike decides to hang it up. Only other suggestion I saw on here, besides yours for Landry, was Boomer suggesting Alyson.

And was Houston really pouring tons of money into softball? I'd like to see proof of that. Just going by facilities, ours exceeds theirs.
    Good point. Houston COULD pour money into softball. Doesn't mean they were.

Nobody suggested Kyla was next up. I was just thinking out loud.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Lotief relishes NCAA experience

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post

I really like Shelly Landry as a player. Is there some reason why you are anointing her as the next HC? I have not seen or heard this before, nor even any indication that she might have an interest in a coaching career. Not that there is any particular reason why I would have heard such a thing, nor any reason why I might doubt it. I am just curious.

Kyla resigned from UH effective 5/14/16.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I really like Shelly Landry as a player. Is there some reason why you are anointing her as the next HC? I have not seen or heard this before, nor even any indication that she might have an interest in a coaching career. Not that there is any particular reason why I would have heard such a thing, nor any reason why I might doubt it. I am just curious.
    Just a feeling. Mike has already said he wants her on his coaching staff next year. I believe this might be a done deal already.

For now, though, she's off with Lexie to the PA Rebellion in about 2 weeks when this ride's over.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Jesse is correct, Shellie is to be a asst coach next season for the team. But she also just got invited to try out for the NPF team that drafted Lexie, so that could change things.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    We won't spend the money to afford her
    I agree. Last time I checked she was making approx $100,000 a year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information