Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: BB 2016: Hosting or Not?

UL Baseball BB 2016: Hosting or Not?

"Louisiana's hosting case has really picked up steam down the stretch, as the Cajuns are now 18th in the RPI, 11-9 against the top 50, own a regular-season conference title and finished with serious momentum. With Southern Miss faltering, either UL or Tulane seems likely to snag a home regional in the Eagles' place."

http://www.d1baseball.com/analysis/p.erence-rundown

Default Re: D1baseball.com says Cajuns have a shot at hosting regional

Both Southern Miss and Rice really collapsed at the end of the year. It was odd yesterday looking at Warren Nolan yesterday and seeing Florida Atlantic and Marshall sitting at the top of C-USA.

Would be anxious to hear from our resident experts what, in addition to the Cajuns success in the sunbelt tourney, would need to happen to make hosting a better reality.

Quote Originally Posted by marine dude View Post
    Would be anxious to hear from our resident experts what, in addition to the Cajuns success in the sunbelt tourney, would need to happen to make hosting a better reality.
    Check out this thread:

https://forumeus.com/.ognostications

Wow, FAU wins the C-USA regular season title but didn't submit a bid to host.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    Their ballpark makes the Tigue look like Dudy Noble. It so tiny.

7. UL Baseball Re: D1baseball.com says Cajuns have a shot at hosting regional

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    They can still be a #1 seed. This would be an opportunity for the NCAA Selection committee to have a second regional out west and have a #1 seed shipped in. So, from the perspective of the Cajuns hosting, I view it the same as if FAU submitted a bid to host.

I am assembling info for bubble #1 seed resumes and will share as a Google Doc.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    They can still be a #1 seed. This would be an opportunity for the NCAA Selection committee to have a second regional out west and have a #1 seed shipped in. So, from the perspective of the Cajuns hosting, I view it the same as if FAU submitted a bid to host.

I am assembling info for bubble #1 seed resumes and will share as a Google Doc.

Brian
    Know why FAU didn't submit a bid?

Which West Coast teams even deserve to host? I know you like Cal St. Fullerton as a host, but who else?

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post

Which West Coast teams even deserve to host? I know you like Cal St. Fullerton as a host, but who else?
    God Awful Facility. Press Box Seats about Five people.

They played for the CUSA title yesterday Drew 718 which is double any crowd I've ever seen there.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    God Awful Facility. Press Box Seats about Five people.

They played for the CUSA title yesterday Drew 718 which is double any crowd I've ever seen there.
    I thought their athletic department was making an effort to update all of their facilities? Am I just thinking about football? Or am I thinking about FIU?

I thought their athletic department was making an effort to update all of their facilities? Am I just thinking about football? Or am I thinking about FIU?
    With exception of football, FIU's facilities are better. FAU has never shown they care about baseball.

12. Default Re: D1baseball.com says Cajuns have a shot at hosting regional

Facilities.

Definitely Cal State-Fullerton . or if Long Beach State wins the Big West (they play next week), it could be Long Beach State instead. No doubt the selection committee will attempt to have a regional host from the #4 RPI Conference (Pac-12). Given there are no obvious #1 seed candidates, I could see them awarding a #2 seed and host site to someone like Arizona . or the conference champion (Washington or Arizona State if they rally to win the regular season over Utah) . and ship in a #1 seed. Such a ship-in #1 seed could be Florida Atlantic.

Brian

Guys at D1 Baseball seem to think we're fighting with Tulane for USM's possible spot. Going to New Orleans as a 2 would be a pretty good consolation prize.

Interesting.

If it's between us, USM, and Tulane. With a win of the SBC tourney, I think we easily top Tulane. The question is Southern Miss. They could make up some ground at the CUSA tournament. Guess we need to pull for their opponents - even though we played them once - especially since they beat us. If it is a toss-up between Cajuns and Eagles, it could come down to the late-season head to head which USM won.

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Interesting.

If it's between us, USM, and Tulane. With a win of the SBC tourney, I think we easily top Tulane. The question is Southern Miss. They could make up some ground at the CUSA tournament. Guess we need to pull for their opponents - even though we played them once - especially since they beat us. If it is a toss-up between Cajuns and Eagles, it could come down to the late-season head to head which USM won.
    Pretty sure we split with Tulane.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information