Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: BB 2016: Hosting or Not?

Default Re: baseball america projects cajuns hosting regional

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    This is where I believe a lot of our fans are getting it wrong. I don't think our history will matter to the committee. (It's also why I think a lot of people are putting us over the hump with hosting). Strictly looking at the numbers, I don't see a number one seed. Especially compared to other host resume's, except for Tulane. Tulane is a good example of record against top 25 teams mattering. They're 8-2, and I believe thats the ONLY practical reason why their name is coming up in the host conversation.

Here's another thing: We haven't been automatic in SBC tourney play. We're acting like this team will walk through San Marcos. Way too many variables still in play, including geography, other teams results, and our own. D1baseball has Utah in the field of our imaginary regional, which is pretty unbelievable if you go and look at their resume'. They did sweep Zona, but other than that, not too impressive. RPI 100 and sub .500 record.

Guys, I hope like hell I'm wrong. I want nothing more than to spend Regionals at the Tigue. I just disagree with a lot that's out there right now.
    Utah is currently leading the Pac 12. They'd get in as champs. Not sure if you're saying its unbelievable that they're in the field or sent to us

To deflate Tulane's resume vs Top 25, we should root against Arizona, USM and ECU. Arizona is at #25 and could fall out just from playing Abilene Christian and Hawaii. USM is at at #21. ECU is on border at #24. Taking those teams out of Top 25 makes Tulane 3-1 vs top 25 with the one loss vs us. Tightens the gap somewhat

Also, keeping Southeastern in the top 50 helps us and hurts them. SLU went 2-0 vs Tulane and 1-2 vs us.

So they won the Pac 12 championship?
    Not yet. They have a 1 game lead on UW, who they host this weekend in a de facto championship. Winner of the series gets the auto bid as the league does not play a tournament.

3. Default Re: baseball america projects cajuns hosting regional

The next 2 weeks and beyond, if we are still playing will be war----and the girls have already been in huge battles to conquer as D-Day comes with the invasion of NORMANdy!!! Hey if that is spelled correctly I might have a writing career!!!

4. Default Re: baseball america projects cajuns hosting regional

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    Not yet. They have a 1 game lead on UW, who they host this weekend in a de facto championship. Winner of the series gets the auto bid as the league does not play a tournament.
    I know they don't play a tournament. My point was, how can you project an RPI 100 team is going to win 2/3 against a Top 25 team? Because they're at home? I was pointing out the frivolous nature of the projection.

I know they don't play a tournament. My point was, how can you project an RPI 100 team is going to win 2/3 against a Top 25 team? Because they're at home? I was pointing out the frivolous nature of the projection.
    Don't see why that's such a tough thing to project. They've lost 2 PAC 12 series all season (USC and Oregon State). They swept Arizona at home already this season (#25 in the RPI). UW is a top 25 in only one poll (D1 baseball).

I'm guessing for the most part they are going to keep whoever is currently in lead for their projections. It makes the whole projection process simpler.

Also, Utah is 8-4 at home in conference. They did lose one series to Oregon State but have some solid series wins in conference at home vs Cal and a sweep vs Arizona. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for them to win 2/3 at home vs the Beavers. I hardly think that's the most ridiculous assumption made in regional projections either

7. Default Re: baseball america projects cajuns hosting regional

Don't see why that's such a tough thing to project. They've lost 2 PAC 12 series all season (USC and Oregon State). They swept Arizona at home already this season (#25 in the RPI).
    They also just lost a home series to a bad Washington St team. Washington on the other hand is playing well and has everything to play for. They played Arizona in mid march. Arizona has been a different team the last 6 weeks.

Dude, you are so full of yourself it's hilarious. I actually get side texts from friends who are on this board pointing out how ridiculous you are at times. So you're saying you know more than Baseball America and D1baseball writers? Cool story bro. I don't think anybody is running around with our hair on fire claiming the Cajuns are definitely hosting a regional. We all know we have work to do. But your frivolous responses acting like our resume is dogs()it is pretty funny. All you keep doing is zeroing in on the "record vs. top 25" rhetoric. If you think that's the ONLY thing the Committee looks at, then it's not even worth discussing with you.

They also just lost a home series to a bad Washington St team. Washington on the other hand is playing well and has everything to play for. They played Arizona in mid march. Arizona has been a different team the last 6 weeks.
    Uhhh, Utah beat Wazzou 2 of 3 on the road.

nm

If we host, they will send Techy here. Will this team finally be able to take care of bitness?

12. Default Re: baseball america projects cajuns hosting regional

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    I'm guessing for the most part they are going to keep whoever is currently in lead for their projections. It makes the whole projection process simpler.

Also, Utah is 8-4 at home in conference. They did lose one series to Oregon State but have some solid series wins in conference at home vs Cal and a sweep vs Arizona. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for them to win 2/3 at home vs the Beavers. I hardly think that's the most ridiculous assumption made in regional projections either
    They're playing #21 Washington Huskies this weekend.

13. Default Re: baseball america projects cajuns hosting regional

Uhhh, Utah beat Wazzou 2 of 3 on the road.
    Misread on my part.

#53 in the RPI, so put as much stock as you will into those

#21 only by D1Baseball, which apparently makes ridiculous assumptions about teams.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information