Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana vs Texas A&M

Default Re: Louisiana vs Texas A&M

Sent in a complaint at that website. Will publish their response

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    There are SEVERAL things that can be done Especially over the length of time that we've been associated with ESPN.

Here's one thing that can be done: "ring ring ring 'Hello?' "Yes, hi, this is Joseph Savoie, President of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. I need to speak to someone that can explain to me why your company continues to misidentify and damage the brand recognition of my University."
    And you know what? There's the rub right there.

As all of you know, no one has more passion for "Louisiana" than I do. And, for years, I fought that fight. As recently as the South Al series, I got with the PA guy and he asked what we wanted to be called. My response was, we brand athletically as Louisiana. Told him the University of wasn't necessary.

I can live with anything other than ULL or Lafayette.

But I don't go out of my way anymore. When the leader of my university is willing to stand up and fight, I will as well.

But it's difficult to get anything done when the guy at the top doesn't push it.

3. Default Re: Louisiana vs Texas A&M

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    We don't use Louisiana on the scoreboard for ANY games that I've seen. But Louisiana is on jerseys.fences.scoreboard name plates.behind home plates.in the end zones.outfield fences.team warm-ups.batting helmets. Miss any?
    ,,,,,,Jocks and bras!!!

4. Default Re: Louisiana vs Texas A&M

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post

As all of you know, no one has more passion for "Louisiana" than I do. And, for years, I fought that fight. As recently as the South Al series, I got with the PA guy and he asked what we wanted to be called. My response was, we brand athletically as Louisiana. Told him the University of wasn't necessary.

But I don't go out of my way anymore. When the leader of my university is willing to stand up and fight, I will as well.

But it's difficult to get anything done when the guy at the top doesn't push it.
    Exactly And that doesn't stop with just the name battle. It trickles down to many other areas man. I can very vividly remember watching a Troy game, the first year that they requested the media to drop "State" from their identifier. It seemed like every time they were on television, announcers were telling the public of this change and why.

We've been told that we're branding our Athletic programs as Louisiana. I have never, not one time, heard any broadcaster refer to our name change request. I wonder what Mike Alden has to say about that? Maybe we could do a fan Q&A at the next RCAF gathering with Mr. Alden about this exact situation.

Gameset .match.thank you my friend

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Exactly And that doesn't stop with just the name battle. It trickles down to many other areas man. I can very vividly remember watching a Troy game, the first year that they requested the media to drop "State" from their identifier. It seemed like every time they were on television, announcers were telling the public of this change and why.

We've been told that we're branding our Athletic programs as Louisiana. I have never, not one time, heard any broadcaster refer to our name change request. I wonder what Mike Alden has to say about that? Maybe we could do a fan Q&A at the next RCAF gathering with Mr. Alden about this exact situation.
    The Baylor crew that called the Baylor/UL softball game on Fox Sports this year mentioned it. They said it was a recent change. It wasn't, but I respected them for addressing it and abiding by our wishes. As far as other media outlets go, most of them know after years of requests from fans and the like, but still choose not to respect our wishes. They see it on our field, jerseys, media guide, but won't give in for one reason or another. I fight for Louisiana because that's what the University told me to call them. However, like Jay said, if they tell you to do something but don't back it up with actions from the top brass, then it's a fight that loses its luster.

I've alway thought that this name thing was a stupid problem to have. No other university seems to have this problem. Wisconsin- Green Bay changed their name a little while ago, ESP-N had a story about it and changed their name on the ticker. Ours is not even a name change, it's a referral, but the advocate, ESP-N, and other media outlets don't care for one reason or another. In fact, they often go out of their way to deny our wishes.

This! I've had several coaches tell me the same thing. Until the president of the university is willing to push for it, I'm done going out of my way correcting people. Apparently they have decided to go with "The Ragin' Cajuns".

8. Default Re: Louisiana vs Texas A&M

BOP said what we all thought. We need not send all these forms and complaints to ESPN. If we, as a community, begin addressing the elephant in the room, we will see change. You don't treat the symptoms when you have cancer.you treat the cancer.

You want to invoke change, then let's start a new thread, and have every single member of RP send an email to Dr. Joseph Savoie & Scott Farmer. Do not send two emails, send only one, with the 'To' referencing Dr. Savoie and the 'CC' referencing Farmer. This way we get the message clear and concise.

If wanted, I would be happy to start a new thread, have our two leader's emails, and have a pre-drafted statement attached, so that we could cut the bologna and get right to brass tax. Thoughts?

9. Default Re: Louisiana vs Texas A&M

add "-Bristol" to any comms with them and if it allegedly only takes a call from the univ president, could we get a confirmation of what either the chancellor(s) or president(s) in B.R. and in Austin said in that phone call or what else they did to portray their cases so successfully?

Sec network shows our highlights then proceeds to talk about how Texas A&M got screwed out of a win by the umpire calling that batter out when she stepped out of the box. Just laughed at the whole thing. Geaux Cajuns!

Quote Originally Posted by raoul View Post
    Sent in a complaint at that website. Will publish their response
    I went the ugly route. Nice does not work. I expect ZERO response. I did ask the $64 question.who.
    _______

First time for me. I'm that disgusted with ESPN.

It has become more than obvious your organization has ZERO respect for the use of "Louisiana" on the part of the University of Louisiana-Lafayette. Not once did I hear Texas-Austin (or other hyphens) this weekend. Please don't send me a condescending email, it's gotten that obvious. Your staff comes to our parks, see "Louisiana" on the field, scoreboard, stadium, uniforms but yet it's like Louisiana alone is curse word to you people.

This weekend's softball coverage was a disgusting race to see which one of your announcers could say Lafayette the most. Our staff has made their wishes clear multiple times to use a legal name, yet it goes ignored by ESPN. Your studio guy took it to a new low.Lafayette Cajuns. BTW, Fox gets it right most of the time.

It's almost as if using "Louisiana" alone will get someone fired at ESPN this year.

To my question.Who is the road block at ESPN? And should I just cut the cord now?

Bingo.

I feel an email to T-Joe is imminent.

14. Default Re: Louisiana vs Texas A&M

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I went the ugly route. Nice does not work. I expect ZERO response. I did ask the $64 question.who.
    _______

First time for me. I'm that disgusted with ESPN.

It has become more than obvious your organization has ZERO respect for the use of "Louisiana" on the part of the University of Louisiana-Lafayette. Not once did I hear Texas-Austin (or other hyphens) this weekend. Please don't send me a condescending email, it's gotten that obvious. Your staff comes to our parks, see "Louisiana" on the field, scoreboard, stadium, uniforms but yet it's like Louisiana alone is curse word to you people.

This weekend's softball coverage was a disgusting race to see which one of your announcers could say Lafayette the most. Our staff has made their wishes clear multiple times to use a legal name, yet it goes ignored by ESPN. Your studio guy took it to a new low.Lafayette Cajuns. BTW, Fox gets it right most of the time.

It's almost as if using "Louisiana" alone will get someone fired at ESPN this year.

To my question.Who is the road block at ESPN? And should I just cut the cord now?

I sent basically the same email. I also referenced ESPN's use of the Lafayette Leopards logo for UL two years ago in our bowl game against Tulane. I also asked when Sports Center would start showing highlights of the Oklahoma v. Austin games, or Oregon v. Berkeley games. I did not ask about when they would begin their coverage of Louisiana State University Agricultural and Mechanical College at Baton Rouge football. Again, I am not a big name guy, but the "Lafayette Ragin Cajuns" was just too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I feel an email to T-Joe is imminent.

Let me say this because I'm not interested in discouraging people from emailing Dr. Savoie, but it is a known fact that many emails sent to him have been scanned and filtered by his main subordinate in his office. How do I know this? Because that person has confronted several people that I know, that have sent emails to the president. How could this person know the content of those emails unless she had read them? I understand why he may do this, but it doesn't give me great confidence that he reads a large number of emails outside of his close circle of peers and subordinates.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread Information