Thread: Hrusoci, Rice Pace Cajuns At SBC Track Championships

1. Ragin' Cajuns Hrusoci, Rice Pace Cajuns At SBC Track Championships

Alena Hrusoci set a school and Sun Belt Conference Championship record in the women's 400-meter dash while Matt Rice finished second overall in the men's 1,500-meter run to lead the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns track and field team during the final day of the Sun Belt Conference Outdoor Championships on Sunday at the Ragin' Cajuns Track/Soccer Complex. _

Default Re: Hrusoci, Rice Pace Cajuns At SBC Track Championships

Other than a handful of individuals who stepped up, I was highly dissatisfied with our men's team. Second to last at home, it's pretty disappointing.

3. Default Re: Hrusoci, Rice Pace Cajuns At SBC Track Championships

Quote Originally Posted by ulXrunner View Post
    Other than a handful of individuals who stepped up, I was highly dissatisfied with our men's team. Second to last at home, it's pretty disappointing.
    ---I was going over the results that were in the DA and I think 2 or 3 UL names popped up in the entire listings---I thought our 4x100 was so good!!! lets finish great in softball and baseball for what has been a disappointing athletic school year

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---I was going over the results that were in the DA and I think 2 or 3 UL names popped up in the entire listings---I thought our 4x100 was so good!!! lets finish en 200m which in softball and baseball for what has been a disappointing athletic school year
    Both Hanoj Carter and Brazil pulled up in their races. Carter pulled up in 4x1 but got to exchange. Brazil pulled up in preliminaries of 100 still ran 10.47, but then 100m finals he pulled up 40m in but finished race to get a point. Carter ended up not running 200m which on a good day he is a national caliber sprinter.
    Ultimately, a coupling of injury and lack of depth throughout the squad was their demise.

Biggest surprise was Rice taking 1500m runner up from the slow heat. Rarely ever do you see that. Hell he almost won the title losing by .11seconds.

6. Default Re: Hrusoci, Rice Pace Cajuns At SBC Track Championships

Quote Originally Posted by ulXrunner View Post
    Both Hanoj Carter and Brazil pulled up in their races. Carter pulled up in 4x1 but got to exchange. Brazil pulled up in preliminaries of 100 still ran 10.47, but then 100m finals he pulled up 40m in but finished race to get a point. Carter ended up not running 200m which on a good day he is a national caliber sprinter.
    Ultimately, a coupling of injury and lack of depth throughout the squad was their demise.
    ---So begging the question---Why/what's causing the pulls? Didn't Brazil also get hurt last year???

Brazil pulled hamstring. Carter, I missed him I just know they finish race and he did not run the 200. IMO, knowing the sprint coach Glover I feel great about his knowledge. Also, I don't know much about coaching sprinters to question his approach. I was told they both had lingering injuries prior to the run.

Thread Information